Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Abugadu posted:

what's up playing against Zeke buddy.

As soon as there was any sniff of it happening, I knew it was going to happen. FF hates my guts.

I'm playing against Zeke... oh and looks like I'll have to sit Ajayaiaiay and Evans. Season is starting awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I'm in a 12 team draft and picking 12th. I got AJ Green and Odell Beckham Jr at 12 and 13. Did something bad happen to one or both of them?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ODB has a high ankle sprain but last I heard he is supposed to play week one.

AJ Green no idea. Grats on getting 2 stud WRs.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Looking for someone to take over a team last minute

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829625

Free auction league on ESPN, team is An Unleashing Of Dragons with keepers Gurley and Evans for 34 and 19 ($200 budget). If you want to change one or both of those you can. Draft is tomorrow at 9 ET. Want one more league!!?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Well that sucked. I was at work during the draft and had to hand off my phone for picks at a time. How hosed am I in a 12 team half point PPR?

QB: Alex Smith; Andrew Luck
RB: Le'veon Bell; Leonard Fournette; Joe Mixon; Theo Riddick, Darren Sproles; Rex Burkhead
WR: Keenan Allen; Terrell Pryor; Sammy Watkins; Ted Ginn
D: Green Bay

My league went QB nuts.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

yoyodyne posted:

I'm in a 12 team draft and picking 12th. I got AJ Green and Odell Beckham Jr at 12 and 13. Did something bad happen to one or both of them?

Is it ppr? Even if not that's crazy and you should feel great about it.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

did some drafts the past few days and I'm feeling decently good about them all for now.

code:
10 team main league with friends (ESPN) - 6th pick - Standard scoring - QB / 2 WR / 2 RB / TE / 2 FLEX / DEF / K
drafted on Saturday before anything about Zeke was said

(6) Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
(15) Jordan Howard, Chi RB
(26) Ezekiel Elliott, Dal RB
(35) Dalvin Cook, Min RB
(46) Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR
(55) Frank Gore, Ind RB
(66) C.J. Anderson, Den RB
(75) DeSean Jackson, TB WR
(86) Tyrell Williams, LAC WR
(95) Zach Ertz, Phi TE
(106) Chris Hogan, NE WR
(115) Derrick Henry, Ten RB
(126) Marcus Mariota, Ten QB
(135) Philip Rivers, LAC QB
(146) John Brown, Ari WR
(155) Patriots D/ST D/ST
(166) Wil Lutz, NO K
code:
14 team with some friends (Yahoo) - 9th pick - 1 PPR - QB / 3 WR / 2 RB / TE / FLEX / DEF / K

(9) LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)
(20) Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
(37) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
(48) Kelvin Benjamin (Car - WR)
(65) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
(76) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
(93) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
(104) Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)
(121) Ted Ginn Jr. (NO - WR)
(132) Jacquizz Rodgers (TB - RB)
(149) Cole Beasley (Dal - WR)
(160) Danny Amendola (NE - WR)
(177) Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
(188) Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
(205) Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
(216) Wil Lutz (NO - K)
code:
10 team (Yahoo $50 pro league) - 4th pick - Standard scoring - QB / 3 WR / 2 RB / TE / DEF / K

(4) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
(17) Jordan Howard (Chi - RB)
(24) Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
(37) Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
(44) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
(57) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
(64) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
(77) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
(84) Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
(97) Kirk Cousins (Was - QB)
(104) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
(117) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
(124) Ted Ginn Jr. (NO - WR)
(137) Carolina (Car - DEF)
(144) Cairo Santos (KC - K)

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I think I did ok in my 10 team standard money league.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck
RB: Devonta Freeman, Demarco Murray, Frank Gore, Ameer Abdullah, Mike Gillislee, Tevin Coleman
WR: Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Chris Hogan, Marvin Jones
TE: Zach Ertz
D: Jacksonville
K: Dan Bailey

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Pretty stacked at WR, but that's because people went nuts over RBs early on. I don't think I did too bad at RB, but I did end up with 3 TB RBs. Will definitely drop Sims for an early breakout.

12 Team, picked 12th no ppr.

QB: Cam Newton(85)
RB: Ty Montgomery(36), Dalvin Cook(37), Danny Woodhead(61), Doug Martin(108), Jacquizz Rodgers(132), Charles Sims(156)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr(12), A.J. Green(13), Martavis Bryant(60), Willie Snead(109), Jordan Matthews(133), Kendall Wright(156)
TE: Delanie Walker(84)
K: Younghoe Koo(180)
D/ST: Patriots D/ST(181)

1 more character and I could have named it "I'm the Dougernaut, Bitch". Considering "Pickle Charcandrick!!" if I can trade for him.

How did I do?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Your team is very good but there's no reason to roster Charles Sims. I would rather use that Sims spot on Jamaal Williams, just in case Montgomery doesn't work out. Woodhead won't be as valuable outside PPR but it shouldn't matter since he'll be your RB4 by the time Martin is back.

WR are beasts and you have potentially four top-25 WRs once Snead is back from suspension. I would try to move Jordan Matthews for a different RB.

I'm way down on Walker just because his upside is insanely capped now.

Don't trade for Charcandrick

Name your team Koo Danny Cooks

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Someone in my league just dropped Blount to pick up Evan Engram (leaving him with 3 RBs and 3 TEs for some reason) and I'm considering dropping Burkhead to pick him up. Our league switched to FAAB this year and we all have $250 in fake money to spend over the course of the season. What's a reasonable amount to drop on Blount?

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Your team is very good but there's no reason to roster Charles Sims. I would rather use that Sims spot on Jamaal Williams, just in case Montgomery doesn't work out. Woodhead won't be as valuable outside PPR but it shouldn't matter since he'll be your RB4 by the time Martin is back.

WR are beasts and you have potentially four top-25 WRs once Snead is back from suspension. I would try to move Jordan Matthews for a different RB.

I'm way down on Walker just because his upside is insanely capped now.

Don't trade for Charcandrick

Name your team Koo Danny Cooks

If I could have one pick back, I would have taken either AP or Ingram over Woodhead. I had trouble choosing between Saints RBs and panicked a bit and went Woodhead. For TE I usually either get Gronk or someone in round 11+, but since I was stacked at WR and there was a big gap between the best available RB I went with Walker.

What's the reference for Koo Danny Cooks?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

on the bored wop posted:

Someone in my league just dropped Blount to pick up Evan Engram (leaving him with 3 RBs and 3 TEs for some reason) and I'm considering dropping Burkhead to pick him up. Our league switched to FAAB this year and we all have $250 in fake money to spend over the course of the season. What's a reasonable amount to drop on Blount?
Just keep Burkhead. Blount may wind up getting outplayed by Wendell Smallwood.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

yoyodyne posted:

If I could have one pick back, I would have taken either AP or Ingram over Woodhead. I had trouble choosing between Saints RBs and panicked a bit and went Woodhead. For TE I usually either get Gronk or someone in round 11+, but since I was stacked at WR and there was a big gap between the best available RB I went with Walker.

What's the reference for Koo Danny Cooks?

Too Many Cooks because my references age like a fine wine

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

Just keep Burkhead. Blount may wind up getting outplayed by Wendell Smallwood.

Smallwood > Gillislee, White, and Lewis?

Edit: man, I looked into it more and all you Burkheads are crazy. Two career games with double digits carries. One career season with double digits carries lol. Pats paid both Gillislee and White more than him. White was the real Super Bowl MVP and resigned to a multiyear deal. Gillislee was a hyper efficient runner and goal line back. Dion Lewis was a legit three down back as recently as last year when he was healthy. It's a Patriots RB.

Yes, obviously dump Burkhead for Blount, goddamn

sourdough fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Sep 6, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Belichick obviously likes Burkhead, he missed almost no time in the camp/preaseason, and what he offers in terms of run v. pass scheme versatility is valued a ton by the Patriots. Gillislee missed a lot more time than people realize both in camp and in the preseason with hamstring issues; there is no way they trust him yet like they trusted Blount. Dion Lewis is the wildcard but his usage in the preseason came with a lot of questions about how they view him going forward. Remember in week 1 of the preseason when Lewis played so much with backups and everyone was wondering why? And how the healthy starters who got to sit and watch the game were White and Burkhead?

They already trust in Burkhead. That much is clear. People should at least hold onto him and see what the Pats real gameplans look like before they jump ship.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 6, 2017

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I had 1st pick overall out of 10, 1 ppr 6 point TD. 3WR, 1 Flex

QB - Aaron Rodgers (21)

RB - David Johnson (1) / Ameer Abdullah (60) / Danny Woodhead (81) / Duke Johnson (101) / Doug Martin (120)

WR - Michael Thomas (20) / Larry Fitzgerald (40) / Michael Crabtree (41) / Allen Robinson (61) / DeVante Parker (100) / Jeremy Maclin (121) / Tyrell Williams (140)

TE - Zach Ertz (80)

D - Panthers and who ever:shrug:

K - who ever :shrug:

Any thoughts? I feel pretty good about this one.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

on the bored wop posted:

If Blount doesn't clear waivers until after the Thursday game and you are able to drop guys that have already played from your bench, maybe wait. See what happens with Burkhead in the game and make the decision one way or another.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

In my PPR league, the commish set the timer to 30 seconds and ended up auto picking Kelce and Reed back to back. His RBs are DJ, Abdullah, and Lacy. Thats it.

I've got Zeke, Crowell, K. Hunt, Mixon, Kamara, and J. Conner. My TE however is Witten, no backup because this dude has +20 durability and will never miss a game.

Should I throw any of those guys out there to try and get Reed or Kelce? Or just roll with old man Witten in 1 PPR and try and work the waiver wire later?

Santheb fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 6, 2017

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
should i be starting Rawls or Charmander instead of Mixon as my RB2 until Mixon's role becomes clear or does he still have the better outlook with Hill starting?

Rawls is stated as the starter (and Lacy is pathetic) but its unclear if he'll play and Charmander is likely to split with Hunt, but who knows.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Need advice on an rb slot for this weekend, now that McFadden is out. My options are AP, Stewart, or Derrick Henry on the titans.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Tiptoes posted:

Belichick obviously likes Burkhead, he missed almost no time in the camp/preaseason, and what he offers in terms of run v. pass scheme versatility is valued a ton by the Patriots. Gillislee missed a lot more time than people realize both in camp and in the preseason with hamstring issues; there is no way they trust him yet like they trusted Blount. Dion Lewis is the wildcard but his usage in the preseason came with a lot of questions about how they view him going forward. Remember in week 1 of the preseason when Lewis played so much with backups and everyone was wondering why? And how the healthy starters who got to sit and watch the game were White and Burkhead?

They already trust in Burkhead. That much is clear. People should at least hold onto him and see what the Pats real gameplans look like before they jump ship.

And then Lewis didn't leave the field during the first drive of preseason game 3. I don't think preseason usage means as much with a BB team than it does for others (which is already shaky at best).

They likely have four talented running backs that will all be active on game day doing lots of things (Lewis probably going to be involved in kick returns, Rex most definitely going to be on special teams). It's gonna be a committee.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

axelord posted:

If Blount doesn't clear waivers until after the Thursday game and you are able to drop guys that have already played from your bench, maybe wait. See what happens with Burkhead in the game and make the decision one way or another.

He'll clear waivers Thursday morning, unfortunately.

I like Burkhead and all, I've just never been able to extract any use out of the New England backfield. I've never had the exact right guy for exactly the right window where he IS the guy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lmao it's a Belichick running back. That is a loving crowded backfield. Dion Lewis could run away with the job that Gillislee was signed for, and Gillislee is much, much better than Burkhead. Think about who Burkhead couldn't beat out for a starting job before.

Blount will see steady usage and is slated to be the starter. Smallwood could be good but didn't do much last year.

Belichick will pull a hellish Stevan Ridley/Shane Vereen/Brandon Bolden mixaroo like you've never seen and you will all curse his name.

JFC just think about the Superbowl, he gave White all the touches.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 6, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

on the bored wop posted:

He'll clear waivers Thursday morning, unfortunately.

I like Burkhead and all, I've just never been able to extract any use out of the New England backfield. I've never had the exact right guy for exactly the right window where he IS the guy.

Look at this guy who didn't start Jonas Gray that one time.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Look at this guy who didn't start Jonas Gray that one time.

"That one time" was against my irl team :mad:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tiptoes I want to believe in Burkhead. You, and you alone, are responsible for him still being on my team.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

God forbid Burkhead fumbles if he does get the start, he won't touch the ball for three loving games. Seriously, everyone here is insane for trying to bet on this backfield. It's going to be a crazily productive group and you will pick the wrong loving one every time.

Like, if you pick up everyone on the roster right now, DJ Foster will get promoted from the practice squad and turn into Arian Foster for your league's Taco.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren:WHO DO I DROP??:siren:

I need to drop two players off this roster in order to pick up a Kicker and a Defense. Which two do I drop? 0.5 ppr

I need to drop two players off this roster in order to pick up a Tight End and a Kicker. Which two do I drop? Non-ppr

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

This is the time to pick up lottery tickets and let things shake out. Burkhead is worth stashing at the end of your bench I guess. You won't feel bad if he ends up playing 15 snaps a game and you cut him Week 5 for your bye week replacement QB.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Should I drop Blount for Hill?

Other RB's:

Cook, Hunt, Martin

10 man league default scoring 0ppr

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

:siren:WHO DO I DROP??:siren:

I need to drop two players off this roster in order to pick up a Kicker and a Defense. Which two do I drop? 0.5 ppr

I need to drop two players off this roster in order to pick up a Tight End and a Kicker. Which two do I drop? Non-ppr

Burkhead/Anderson

Ginn/Britt

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Should I drop Blount for Hill?

Other RB's:

Cook, Hunt, Martin

10 man league default scoring 0ppr
I think Hill is on the downslope of his career. They spent a second on Mixon for a reason, and that reason is 55 yards a game and 3.8YPC last year.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 6, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

paternity suitor posted:

This is the time to pick up lottery tickets and let things shake out. Burkhead is worth stashing at the end of your bench I guess. You won't feel bad if he ends up playing 15 snaps a game and you cut him Week 5 for your bye week replacement QB.

Pretty much. I'm using lottery tickets to get player upgrades, and then filling out the gaps with more lottery tickets.

Debating between Burkhead, Prosise, and Smallwood at the moment. I have Burkhead and Prosise but Smallwood is sitting there.

Dammit I wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for loving Luck.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Matt Breida and D'Onta Foreman have more upside as a lotto ticket than Rex imo. At least in those backfields, an injury to the starter would leave a semblance of clarity. For a bye-week guy, I'd rather have Vereen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Ugh

:siren: #IRMAGERD :siren:

Ian Rapaport posted:

NFL: Due to Hurricane Irma, the #Dolphins-#Bucs, will instead be played there in Week 11 on Sunday, November 19.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Ugh

:siren: #IRMAGERD :siren:

This is idiotic. Neutral location with a normal bye week would be way safer for the players.

Clearly had to move, though. Current status of Irma:
https://twitter.com/kurtsiegelin/status/905403206121005058

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

This is idiotic. Neutral location with a normal bye week would be way safer for the players.

True. There are a decent number of NFL stadiums that don't have games.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Pretty much. I'm using lottery tickets to get player upgrades, and then filling out the gaps with more lottery tickets.

Debating between Burkhead, Prosise, and Smallwood at the moment. I have Burkhead and Prosise but Smallwood is sitting there.

Dammit I wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for loving Luck.

Dion Lewis is the best Patriots lottery ticket because he will be loving electric if he returns to 2015 form and he looks healthy (also is top of the depth chart). Burkhead and Gillislee were both signed because Patriots had the money and are probably better than James White. Bill does not give a poo poo what he paid for someone, just who is better in that exact minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
lovely. I'm not going to get mad about fantasy when the second largest hurricane ever in the Atlantic is bearing down on a major population center. But yeah this blows fantasy wise.

I grabbed Bradford last night to cover for Winston and I'm still deciding if Britt, Jimmy Graham (WR/TE flex) or Beasley are replacing Evans (leaning Britt).

• Locked thread