Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How can you like baseball more than basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Kibner posted:

I dunno, but this playlist I've been listening to the last couple days is pretty baller: https://play.google.com/music/r/m/Lo2blfnqmkkiiqbroplishwjnj4?t=In_the_Second_Line

Oh poo poo

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

morestuff posted:

Long but good article by Tom Haberstroh on IT's injury. It seems pretty likely he's been playing on a busted hip since December, not March like the Celtics announced.

As a lifelong Cavs fan, I just hope the Cavs do the right thing for him, even if that means sitting out most of the year. Yeesh.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

It's a Umass Lowell poll. It's all white people and it's Red Sox country

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Kibner posted:

Doubt this will have much of an effect, but it's a start:

https://twitter.com/JonSolomonAspen/status/905448610841714688

So this is what he's been up to, I thought he said he was going to go into tv or coaching

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Femur posted:

Why wouldn't Lebron be the best qb ever?

I mean I know why lovely hs coaches stick their best athletes at rb/wr, but were wasting his gifts here.

They stick them at QB now

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

zoux posted:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im p. sure the main leaning of baseball fans is the public napping and imminent funeral arrangements party

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kibner posted:

Doubt this will have much of an effect, but it's a start:

https://twitter.com/JonSolomonAspen/status/905448610841714688

This is great man. Kids play too much drat basketball. I blame just how much basketball they play for AAU teams in Chicago for a ton of the injury issues around Rose, and Jabari.

Jabari and Rose played So many games a week and played on multiple AAU teams, while playing high school ball.

morestuff posted:

Long but good article by Tom Haberstroh on IT's injury. It seems pretty likely he's been playing on a busted hip since December, not March like the Celtics announced.

Lyin' rear end Ainge strikes again.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

wnba fans are good marxists

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Lyin' rear end Ainge strikes again.

? That's what you got out of that article

Or did you just not read it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's a Umass Lowell poll. It's all white people and it's Red Sox country

:eng101:

Read the small print at the bottom.

If they were polling the Mass. area, then hockey would have been much much higher.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

:eng101:

Read the small print at the bottom.

If they were polling the Mass. area, then hockey would have been much much higher.

Wizards fans suck then

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

WWE fans skew dem? wtf?

EDIT: I thought NASCAR and WWE where the same people.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

WWE fans skew dem? wtf?

EDIT: I thought NASCAR and WWE where the same people.

I've seen this point brought up in other discussions before. WWE has replaced large parts what your (and the classical perception of) its white lower-class demographic audience with black and latino fans who probably swing it heavily (D) now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If WWE catered to nazi's, they're doing a pretty bad job of it right now with its list of champions

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
LPGA with the highest turnout eh?

God imagine watching other people golf instead of chugging beers and ripping out huge divots your own self before driving the cart into a lake

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Highest voter turnout.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Intruder posted:

LPGA with the highest turnout eh?

God imagine watching other people golf instead of chugging beers and ripping out huge divots your own self before driving the cart into a lake

I absolutely LOVE watching golf on TV, but am I right in assuming that it's poo poo rear end boring live?

This is probably the opposite to basketball where watching it on TV probably pales in comparison to being there in the arena.

I'm too poor to ever watch sports live IN THE FLESH.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I always knew Motocross was for "centrists"

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Libertine posted:

I've seen this point brought up in other discussions before. WWE has replaced large parts what your (and the classical perception of) its white lower-class demographic audience with black and latino fans who probably swing it heavily (D) now.

Also anecdotally, based on my extended family of poor white rednecks, a healthy chunk of them aren't conservative but the non-conservatives never vote

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

? That's what you got out of that article

Or did you just not read it

I read the article but made a joke based around the text of the post. I'll make sure to denote my jokes from here on out

https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/905482359239086080

I hope IT comes back from this.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Im surprised Tennis is as left as it is. Thats an old white dude sport

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

I read the article but made a joke based around the text of the post. I'll make sure to denote my jokes from here on out

https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/905482359239086080

I hope IT comes back from this.

Oh. Gotcha. Poe's law though, especially considering this thread's tendencies. And same, but his quest for a max is basically over

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 6, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah I was going to say that I thought tennis and golf would not be so far apart.

I chose the sports I watch based on what I thought looked cool without being influenced too much by other people (mainly tennis and NBA) and they just happen to all skew left

Edit: And while watching tennis right now I have been reminded that the WNBA playoffs are on tonight, maybe I'll watch some of that

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 6, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

heres a joke. danny ainge is a good gm. NOT

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

:ssj: You bitch

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I love Hillary Clinton and monster trucks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Libertine posted:

They also have a bunch of union democrats

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

zoux posted:

You can get way drunker watching baseball.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/905483305717563402

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The intersection of fans at WNBA games is amazing and great. It may be the most diverse fanbase of any sport.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Play is a strong word

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
oh yah here's my ginger latvian son going off against the highest level competition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzBtYutMyLc

I hope he doesn't have to spend much time in pop's doghouse this time around.
and all cuz of this? C'mon Pop. I like him coming in to shove Monroe. He's got his teammates' back. this nine fingered ginger aint afraid of anybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibsd0UvBhTs
lol at poor Laprovíttola coming in to get open palmed in the face

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ghost Dog posted:

One GM does nothing but intentionally tank and trade away any decent player for pennies on the dollar and is declared a genius. The other takes a roster in shambles, hires a fantastic coach, builds a conference winning championship contender without wasting any major assets, and is declared a bad GM.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ainge is good and has handled the rebuild as well as you could possibly hope but having two Hall-of-Famers to trade certainly helps

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

Ainge is good and has handled the rebuild as well as you could possibly hope but having two Hall-of-Famers to trade certainly helps

He's the one who acquired Garnett, so I'm not entirely sure what your point is. Also those hall of famers definitely weren't playing like hall of famers by the time he traded them. The Brooklyn trade was ridiculous because Pierce and Garnett were cooked, not because they were good trade assets

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 6, 2017

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

oh yah here's my ginger latvian son going off against the highest level competition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzBtYutMyLc

I hope he doesn't have to spend much time in pop's doghouse this time around.
and all cuz of this? C'mon Pop. I like him coming in to shove Monroe. He's got his teammates' back. this nine fingered ginger aint afraid of anybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibsd0UvBhTs
lol at poor Laprovíttola coming in to get open palmed in the face

Why does it look like Davis *lost* weight?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's the one who acquired them, what's your point? Also those hall of famers definitely weren't playing like hall of famers by the time he traded them

I'm just saying the "roster in shambles" part is only because he detonated the team himself and started the rebuild with 62 extra draft picks. That's obviously to his credit, but starting over when you're in the hole is harder and limits your options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Danny Ainge is a good GM, but even good GM make very bad decisions at times as the thread title implies.

• Locked thread