Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, but nerds were piecing the words together using the bits of font still visible. They had most of it done when I stopped checking, I wondered if they had finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

regulargonzalez posted:

This was interesting and kind of surprising and informative to me. I had never really thought about "horse people" being a thing and what that culture might be like but it shouldn't really be surprising. I'm a "watch person" and that's also definitely a thing that people get super into. And if there was a scene in a show that featured 60 watches from the likes of Phillip Dufour, Laurent Ferrier, Vianny Halter, etc it'd be a big stupid event in the watch community too.

To be even nerdier: The horses riding up steps was also huge, it looks cool on screen to the layman but what made it very very special is that it was actors doing it. People spend years working with a horse to form a partnership just to be able to do jumps - it's about leading the horse so it gets the angle and landing right but also allowing the horse to make it's own mind up. A horse that's not comfortable with a rider or a jump will have it's ears back and toss it's head and be tense - this is when they refuse and the rider goes head first over the horses head.

GOT put actors, without helmets on strange horses, and had the horse so well trained that they happily did arguably the most difficult stunt there is with the rider as a passenger. I would wonder if nikolaj coster-waldau knew how insanely dangerous that was, Charles Dance probably did though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I wouldn't be too bummed out if GRRM died and leaves behind only a complete ending for his books. Then everybody else has to do the mental gymnastics to figure out how the books get there.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

learnincurve posted:

To be even nerdier: The horses riding up steps was also huge, it looks cool on screen to the layman but what made it very very special is that it was actors doing it. People spend years working with a horse to form a partnership just to be able to do jumps - it's about leading the horse so it gets the angle and landing right but also allowing the horse to make it's own mind up. A horse that's not comfortable with a rider or a jump will have it's ears back and toss it's head and be tense - this is when they refuse and the rider goes head first over the horses head.

GOT put actors, without helmets on strange horses, and had the horse so well trained that they happily did arguably the most difficult stunt there is with the rider as a passenger. I would wonder if nikolaj coster-waldau knew how insanely dangerous that was, Charles Dance probably did though.

I thought they just put NC-W's face on a rider?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Vegetable posted:

I wouldn't be too bummed out if GRRM died and leaves behind only a complete ending for his books. Then everybody else has to do the mental gymnastics to figure out how the books get there.

GRRM decides to troll everyone on way out, leaves behind stacks of papers labeled with the last two book names, every page is blank except for one that states "just watch the show."

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The ending was writ small on the pup of the smallest Stark, friends.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I don't even know how this show will end, but I think if the bad guys win / Jon and Danarys die, HBO's prequels or movies or whatever the gently caress will get a worse reception than Confederate. GOT nerds will cyber bully HBO into the ground.

I do hope a lot of the fake leaks are true.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I don't even know how this show will end, but I think if the bad guys win / Jon and Danarys die, HBO's prequels or movies or whatever the gently caress will get a worse reception than Confederate. GOT nerds will cyber bully HBO into the ground.

I do hope a lot of the fake leaks are true.

If they do die it won't happen like it does in the fake leaks. It'll be at the end, more dignified, and after they have a kid together.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

If they do die it won't happen like it does in the fake leaks. It'll be at the end, more dignified, and after they have a kid together.

In these ""fake"" leaks they die after having a kid together with Dany dying in childbirth which is just about the most gurrmy thing to have ever gurrmed and is also totally dignified, Jon dies after finally restoring peace to the realm and being a total badass hero.

Like, I'm totally ok with you guys being in complete denial about these leaks (JAPE! JAPE!!!) but if you didn't read them why bother deconstructing the plot elements? I can assure you that many of the goon summaries itt have really been inaccurate. Dany doesn't die between seasons, the poo poo pelting scene only occurs after Dany has already received a touching send off, etc.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

In these ""fake"" leaks they die after having a kid together with Dany dying in childbirth which is just about the most gurrmy thing to have ever gurrmed and is also totally dignified, Jon dies after finally restoring peace to the realm and being a total badass hero.

Like, I'm totally ok with you guys being in complete denial about these leaks (JAPE! JAPE!!!) but if you didn't read them why bother deconstructing the plot elements? I can assure you that many of the goon summaries itt have really been inaccurate. Dany doesn't die between seasons, the poo poo pelting scene only occurs after Dany has already received a touching send off, etc.

If you believe they're real, toxx for it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Fine.

Consider me toxxed.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jesus... This got real serious real quick.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Fine.

Consider me toxxed.
You are a hero.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Fine.

Consider me toxxed.

This owns lol

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I toxxed for Hillary. Toxxing is stupid even if you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you're right.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah but having a working somethingawful account is also stupid, so it's a wash

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

VanSandman posted:

I toxxed for Hillary. Toxxing is stupid even if you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you're right.

Someone's got to financially support this dead gay comedy forum. :10bux:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hey at least it will be justified unlike that time I was banned by Aatrek for saying that Jaime Lannister is the smoke monster in the non-spoiler GoT thread, and that was before I even read the books.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What exactly are you toxxing on because there's a lot of bullet points in the leaks and no way every single one is accurate even if they mostly are.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Basically that the leaks are the genuine plot outlines or drafts thereof. I believe whether that's true or false will become very apparent once we get leaks from the filming and\or from reliable sources like FrikiDoctor.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Basically that the leaks are the genuine plot outlines or drafts thereof. I believe whether that's true or false will become very apparent once we get leaks from the filming and\or from reliable sources like FrikiDoctor.

So how many episodes in will your toxx count? If Dany isn't dead and pelted with poo poo by ep 2?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

hanales posted:

Is winds of winter out yet

yeah I'm reading it now it's p good

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

I hope it's released with absolutely no hype or fanfare, like that one Beyoncé album

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Winds of Winter is coming out in a combo pack with Star Citizen.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Taear posted:

The children have been sort of wasted in the show though. If I were Bran I'd have at least asked them a few questions when he was sharing the cave with them.

In retrospect, there's really no reason why Bran shouldn't have been in Season 5.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

DandyLion posted:

Winds of Winter is coming out in a combo pack with Star Citizen.

Winds of Winter/Half Life 3 combo set

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think the stuff about Bran being the Night's King is fine as long as he gets killed

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Jon will die (probably stupidly) but Daenerys will survive and sit on the Iron Throne. The last shot of the show will hint that she's pregnant with Podrick's child. Turns out his cock was actually magic.

grack fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 7, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

False prophet!?!?!?!?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

False prophet!?!?!?!?

The machinations he has carefully laid from season 2 on are finally about to come to fruition. All that's left is for the Walkers to march south and taste his browned butter meat pies and he will have the only existing bakery catering to the dead in this new dead world.

One More Hot Pie.
OnMore OtPie.
Azor Ahai.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Why do they keep showing Podrick training if he never fights anyone

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Constant posted:

Why do they keep showing Podrick training if he never fights anyone
he's gonna

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

esperterra posted:

So how many episodes in will your toxx count? If Dany isn't dead and pelted with poo poo by ep 2?

Read the outlines and it will be clear, they're not a list of bullet points.

iirc dany dies in episode 5 and gets poo poo pelted in episode 6.

Toxx
Aug 25, 2002
I feel as though I've contributed to this thread in some bizarre way, a long long time ago.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

lezard_valeth posted:

False prophet!?!?!?!?

As we all know, the death of a leader makes that cause instantly vanish. By show logic if they'd just stabbed Cersei when they had their big meeting everything would have been sorted and fine and nobody would have minded.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

What exactly are you toxxing on because there's a lot of bullet points in the leaks and no way every single one is accurate even if they mostly are.
I think Dany's corpse getting poop thrown at it is the most important thing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Taear posted:

As we all know, the death of a leader makes that cause instantly vanish.
Like with Dorne, and the Sparrows.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Martman posted:

I think Dany's corpse getting poop thrown at it is the most important thing.

I'd agree. It seems so fake, that if it actually happened it would be incredible.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'd agree. It seems so fake, that if it actually happened it would be incredible.

They put Sean Bean's severed head(or a prop replica of it) on a pike. They let non-Lena Headey walk naked through a city full of people throwing poop at her. They stabbed Robb's unborn fetus in it's face, multiple times. They hanged flayed people(or props) around a castle. :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

They hanged flayed people(or props) around a castle

Nah those were actual people. It's a tough job market for extras.

• Locked thread