Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Would my T. Coleman and Snead be too low of an offer for J. Howard? He has Freeman. Otherwise I can replace Snead with A. Rob (currently my flex).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
yahoo draft grading thing heavily leans on their projected points, so if i just drafted the highest projected points left every pick, i'd probably still get an A even if my team was subpar at best.

If you don't draft a K or Def, you're defo gonna be like a C.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Chernabog posted:

Would my T. Coleman and Snead be too low of an offer for J. Howard? He has Freeman. Otherwise I can replace Snead with A. Rob (currently my flex).

So 2 bench players, one of whom is suspended, for a projected top 10 RB?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
should i be starting Rawls or Charmander instead of Mixon as my RB2 until Mixon's role becomes clear or does he still have the better outlook with Hill starting?

Rawls is stated as the starter (and Lacy is pathetic) but its unclear if he'll play and Charmander is likely to split with Hunt, but who knows.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chernabog posted:

Why would someone trade their RB2 for a package that includes a WR that is suspended for 3 games?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Here's how to get a B+ or better on Y! Ratings 100% of the time: draft a backup qb.

Their ratings are incredibly dumb

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Well, there's goes my QB I guess. I'm in a ten team 0PPR standard scoring. Should I start Palmer or Cousins instead? (Another guy owes me a favour so he said he'd lend me Cousins if needed)

Yah, don't do this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TommyGun85 posted:

should i be starting Rawls or Charmander instead of Mixon as my RB2 until Mixon's role becomes clear or does he still have the better outlook with Hill starting?

Rawls is stated as the starter (and Lacy is pathetic) but its unclear if he'll play and Charmander is likely to split with Hunt, but who knows.

There's a start/sit thread. But the answer is Rawls. He's listed as the starter and will play.

Edit: well poo poo I didn't know he had a hurt ankle.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 6, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

TommyGun85 posted:

Rawls has a hurt ankle and we're not sure if he plays. Might need to wait until Saturday to decide.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Well, that's why I asked. This is only my third year in FF and I've just got more comfortable with the idea of trading. So I take it ARob is also a no then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So everyone agrees they would rather have Hogan over Ginn in a non-ppr league?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

So everyone agrees they would rather have Hogan over Ginn in a non-ppr league?

Meh, I probably wouldn't, but they'll both be infuriating, inconsistent options. I think Ginn theoretically has more upside, but he's going to have bad weeks for sure, and could play himself out of getting much volume.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Welp. The hurricane decision is messing up my roster as well. Winston is my QB. Don't have a backup.

I have to drop one of these guys for Palmer vs. DET or Tyrod vs. NYJ

Mike Gillisle
Danny Woodhead
Terrance West
Pierre Garcon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Chris Hogan

10 man league. This loving sucks.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

Here's how to get a B+ or better on Y! Ratings 100% of the time: draft a backup qb.

Yep, I found this out pretty quickly. I could NEVER get above a C+ if I didn't draft a backup QB.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Anyone on the Winston -> Bradford train with me?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Chernabog posted:

Well, that's why I asked. This is only my third year in FF and I've just got more comfortable with the idea of trading. So I take it ARob is also a no then.

Generally, if I were going to move Howard, it'd only be if I'm otherwise strong at RB and for a premier player at another position. If I were terribly weak at WR and had acceptable RB options, I might do it for 2 guys of about ARob quality. If the Bears are awful and Howard suffers, that'd change here in a week or so, but for now, that's what I'd be looking for.

In general, if I'm going to trade away a starter, it's going to need to be for someone who is going to be starting for me as well.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

Welp. The hurricane decision is messing up my roster as well. Winston is my QB. Don't have a backup.

Mike Gillisle
Danny Woodhead
Terrance West
Pierre Garcon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Chris Hogan

I gotta drop West, don't I?

I almost made an announcement to the league needing to trade. But, I'm afraid someone would grab Tyrod off the waiver wire if I did that. Or some monkey would grab multiple QBs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

89 posted:

I gotta drop West, don't I?

I almost made an announcement to the league needing to trade. But, I'm afraid someone would grab Tyrod off the waiver wire if I did that. Or some monkey would grab multiple QBs.

Drop west. It's a 10 man league so unless you have 15 person benches you should either be able to get him back or find someone else.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Tip for anyone in a Yahoo league: drop your kicker (or don't draft one) for Charcandrick West or whichever Patriots RB you want, then you can drop them if they don't break out on Thursday night.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

89 posted:

Mike Gillisle
Danny Woodhead
Terrance West
Pierre Garcon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Chris Hogan

Drop Garcon

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

Anyone on the Winston -> Bradford train with me?

I snagged him in one league to prevent the Winston owner from using him against me. And I have him in another league just for this matchup against the Saints.

89 posted:

Mike Gillisle
Danny Woodhead
Terrance West
Pierre Garcon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Chris Hogan

I'd probably drop Gillislee, but that's just me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Tip for anyone in a Yahoo league: drop your kicker (or don't draft one) for Charcandrick West or whichever Patriots RB you want, then you can drop them if they don't break out on Thursday night.

Yahoo lets you drop a player after their game, and pick up a player who hasn't played yet?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Yahoo lets you drop a player after their game, and pick up a player who hasn't played yet?

As long as the player you're dropping isn't in your starting lineup then yes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rate my scrub Goontier. .5 PPR

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 6, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Garcon, if healthy, has like a WR3 floor just on volume alone. Hogan or Britt, with a strong preference for Hogan, are my drops there.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Spoeank posted:

That explains a lot of the grades I've seen then.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

I'm p sure ESPN doesn't let you do this either

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

the_american_dream posted:

I'm p sure ESPN doesn't let you do this either

It does not. That strategy only works in Yahoo leagues.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Who do I drop for my Defense and Kicker?

Stefon Diggs
Frank Gore
Hunter Henry
Corey Coleman
Derek Carr
John Brown
Matt Forte

My gut is telling me Forte and Carr, because I think Brown and Coleman are both primed for big seasons, but I worry that if I drop Carr I wouldn't be able to get as good a QB for when my Bye Week (week 6, so early) comes.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Generally, if I were going to move Howard, it'd only be if I'm otherwise strong at RB and for a premier player at another position. If I were terribly weak at WR and had acceptable RB options, I might do it for 2 guys of about ARob quality. If the Bears are awful and Howard suffers, that'd change here in a week or so, but for now, that's what I'd be looking for.

In general, if I'm going to trade away a starter, it's going to need to be for someone who is going to be starting for me as well.

OK, this makes sense. Thanks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

Stefon Diggs
Frank Gore
Hunter Henry
Corey Coleman
Derek Carr
John Brown
Matt Forte

My gut is telling me Forte and Carr, because I think Brown and Coleman are both primed for big seasons, but I worry that if I drop Carr I wouldn't be able to get as good a QB for when my Bye Week (week 6, so early) comes.

There's always a QB to scoop up on the waiver wire for a bye week. Use the roster spot in other ways.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you sure about this? I've always played Yahoo and I'm pretty sure it locks any player on your roster once their team starts the game.

Edit: Google seems to say you're right. That's a huge oversight on Yahoo's part. That being said, I wish I knew about this before I dropped Burkhead a few hours ago for a kicker.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 6, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I think you can do this on NFL.com too. That's what I'm planning to do, evaluate Burkhead on Thurs and then decide who to drop for a kicker. If not, it looks like I'm going kicker-free for Week 1!

DC Murderverse posted:

Stefon Diggs
Frank Gore
Hunter Henry
Corey Coleman
Derek Carr
John Brown
Matt Forte

Who is your starting QB?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

RVProfootballer posted:

Garcon, if healthy, has like a WR3 floor just on volume alone. Hogan or Britt, with a strong preference for Hogan, are my drops there.

I've drafted him twice and been sorely disappointed twice.

In other news get hype Bell owners.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

Mike Gillisle
Danny Woodhead
Terrance West
Pierre Garcon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Chris Hogan

gently caress. I have Kwon Alexander too.

Dropped West. Now I gotta drop Hogan. Damnit.

Reuben Foster. Come on down.

In Tyrod & Shady vs. the Jets gawd awful team I trust.

89 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 6, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
West > Woodhead, unless it's 1 PPR

Hogan > Britt

And don't drop useful receivers for a backup linebacker, simply use a different linebacker.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

coronaball posted:

West > Woodhead, unless it's 1 PPR

Hogan > Britt

And don't drop useful receivers for a backup linebacker, simply use a different linebacker.

It's 0.5 PPR. Rotoviz is all over Kenny Britt's air yard penis this season, so I gotta see that out. My recievers are AJ Green, DT, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Eric Decker, Kenny Britt, and Pierre Garcon. So, I didn't want to get rid of Hogan, but ya do what you gotta do.

I didn't have any backup IDP's. But, I absolutely can not drop Kwon Alexander to the waiver wire. Last year's #1 LB in my scoring system. Dude is a beast. If it were any other LB, I would have dropped them. But, you don't drop guys like Alexander or Kuechly.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah, don't ever roster two linebackers or any defensive player for that matter.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My IDP starting spots are:

DB: Landon Collins
LB: Kwon Alexander
LB: Jerrell Freeman
DL: Melvin Ingram

Can't drop Kwon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I've drafted him twice and been sorely disappointed twice.

He had an ADP of ~270 last year, WR#70 something, per MFL, and finished as WR#30ish. In 2015, he was ADP ~120ish, WR#40ish, and finished as WR#35ish. I don't know when you drafted him or what you expected, but he's been better than ADP the last couple years and is primed for an even bigger year. Someone repost that list of career receptions for 49ers players!

89 posted:

gently caress. I have Kwon Alexander too.

Dropped West. Now I gotta drop Hogan. Damnit.

Reuben Foster. Come on down.

In Tyrod & Shady vs. the Jets gawd awful team I trust.

Terrance West is a starting NFL RB who was competent last year, and whose competition is suspended 4 games to start this year and didn't do particularly well last year anyway. What are you doing??

• Locked thread