Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/905474349196562432

Derek says a few left at the end of August, only spotted one so far I'm not sure if it's one studio or general headcount reaction across them all.

Good luck to anyone going elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Hav posted:

2 x 27" are enough for work. People have been creaming over the super-wide curved ones, but moving a mouse becomes tedious.

2x 27'' would be fine, but i like having three so that I can always have the standard two most people use for work, and the extra for portrait mode. Little known fact, having a monitor in portrait mode immediately makes you look smarter, even if you don't have visual studio shown on it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mangoose posted:

I have four monitors and I don't even remember what my job is anymore
Monitor tester?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol, still extremely notmad I see.

I have no background on this, what is the 411?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

XK posted:

Saturated fats are not bad for you. The idea that saturated fats are bad came from the same researchers that pushed sugar.

Now we're learning how toxic sugar is.

Your body stores excess energy as saturated fat. Why would your body use an innately bad substance as energy storage?

I agree my post was an oversimplification.

Saturated fats are not "inherently" bad for you and no natural (i.e not heavily processed) food is "100% saturated fats", everything is a mix of saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. However, in the context of weight loss, aliments rich in saturated fats tend to have a high calorie density (you get a small volume of food for a lot of calories, making them a poor choice to satisfy hunger) so you will get better weight loss results if you pick food low in saturated fats (fish, chicken,various nuts, turkey) in favor of those with high saturated fats (Cheese, dairy, beef, pork) since you will be able to eat a little more for the same calories budget.

Too much saturated fats can also raise your bad and good cholesterol level (but the bad one rise faster).

The effect of refined sugar on your body are close to what some hard drugs do . Anything above 50g a day for a adult male should be avoided.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 6, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a parody account.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

palindrome page alert

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

big nipples big life posted:

I'm not sure it isn't to be honest. Hard to tell anymore.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

There's a point around the back where the crazy meets. Poe's Law.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Stay safe hurricane people

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

:hai:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

I have so many cans of baked beans. The musical fruit, good for your heart and all that. Gonna be some cat 5 winds.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's just been on our news, and I thought of posters in this thread and I realised, I love them. I want them to be safe.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well if there is one bright spot, CIG doesn't have a studio in FL so it shouldn't impede progress on 3.0.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Bootcha posted:

Rush Taxxe

Yes.

Watching the big wind on tv. Holy poo poo.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well if there is one bright spot, CIG doesn't have a studio in FL so it shouldn't impede progress on 3.0.
Sean Murray already used the "my office floated away" excuse anyway. Chris would never appropriate ideas from other people, Star Citizen is all original.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Bootcha posted:

Rush Taxxe

This is truly glorious! I wonder if it can be printed on velvet

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i look away for a week and this thread is 3000 posts longer. anything spicy happen since gamescom?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i look away for a week and this thread is 3000 posts longer. anything spicy happen since gamescom?

It was more of a "In your face thing"

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I'm like 40 pages back but this is loving :vince:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Breaking news is that CIG used Gamescon to try to find financing for a 75M$ partnership with anyone interested. Sources are unconfirmed so far.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

I have no background on this, what is the 411?

Fandred is a weirdo who hung out in /refunds all the time to argue that SC was in fact good. He constantly claimed to have zero stake in the success or failure of the game but then it turns out he was in for like $250.00

He got weirdly obsessed with me and would follow me around reddit making insane posts at me about how he thought I was the reasonable one but it turns out I'm just a snake and a troll and a liar, to the point where it legitimately made me uncomfortable and I banned him from /refunds. This was like a couple months ago and he's still hella mad apparently.

peter gabriel posted:

It's just been on our news, and I thought of posters in this thread and I realised, I love them. I want them to be safe.

Thank you, Mr. Dancey Cat. There's still a lot of room for variation but most aggregate models point to Irma leveling Miami and then doing a sicknasty grind up the East coast until it also levels Charleston. Got plywood last night, go backs are packed, fully stocked up. Hope everyone's gonna join me for the hurricane livestream lol. It should be in Miami roughly Sunday-ish and at my place Monday.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/905495856606040064/photo/1

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9s0i2UvIJY&t=103s

:gary:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
If Irma takes out Derek's house CIG will name a ship after it

e: probably shouldn't joke about that tbh

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It was more of a "In your face thing"

aleksendr posted:

Breaking news is that CIG used Gamescon to try to find financing for a 75M$ partnership with anyone interested. Sources are unconfirmed so far.

Thank you

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
stay safe Florida peeps, I post as I enjoy a nice afternoon of mid 70 degrees day drinking at an LAX hotel

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Fandred is a weirdo who hung out in /refunds all the time to argue that SC was in fact good. He constantly claimed to have zero stake in the success or failure of the game but then it turns out he was in for like $250.00

He got weirdly obsessed with me and would follow me around reddit making insane posts at me about how he thought I was the reasonable one but it turns out I'm just a snake and a troll and a liar, to the point where it legitimately made me uncomfortable and I banned him from /refunds. This was like a couple months ago and he's still hella mad apparently.

Thank you, Mr. Dancey Cat. There's still a lot of room for variation but most aggregate models point to Irma leveling Miami and then doing a sicknasty grind up the East coast until it also levels Charleston. Got plywood last night, go backs are packed, fully stocked up. Hope everyone's gonna join me for the hurricane livestream lol. It should be in Miami roughly Sunday-ish and at my place Monday.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/905495856606040064/photo/1

No evac orders for your area, Beet?

DuckDynasty
Sep 23, 2015
I would guess that if the 75 million at GamesCom rumor is true then they were trying to sell their actual funding platform tech that was made in a join venture with Turbulent and arguably their most successful piece of tech.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ah, Boredgamer, quite possibly the most obvious "paid" shill there is. There he goes enthusing about concept sales and even more new concept ships to come, without once going "hey, they keep making concepts and they haven't finished putting 3/4 year old ships in game yet".

They've been fully funded by a factor of at least x3 for ages now, at what point do even the dumbest people begin to see that all SC is, is an endless "hey guys, look at this new concept that is going to be sold" without any actual 'game' to use these concepts in? It's endless, but all enabled by shills and gullibility.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

They've been fully funded by a factor of at least x3 for ages now

According to Chris Roberts ages ago, $23 million was full funding.

He even refers to it again a couple of million later, "Even though we’ve fully funded the base game, every extra dollar helps to make the experience better."

AP fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 6, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

No evac orders for your area, Beet?

No, none yet. It's too early for that. I know the keys are under mandatory evac and I think Miami starts voluntary either today or tomorrow. It'll probably roll up the coast as the storm gets closer, but I'm far enough inland I might avoid the mandatory orders.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

DuckDynasty posted:

I would guess that if the 75 million at GamesCom rumor is true then they were trying to sell their actual funding platform tech that was made in a join venture with Turbulent and arguably their most successful piece of tech.

They were selling the backer list. 1.8 million names @ $40 each.

Since that failed, they can always auction them on the dark web. They might get $40 per if they include payment info

e: my speculation only

Golli fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 6, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
an international list of the dumbest suckers willing to part with their money? 75 mil is high but drat that's a hot commodity

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Golli posted:

Since that failed, they can always auction them on the dark web. They might get $40 per if they include payment info

lol. But seriously I want CIG's mailing list, maybe that is why I circle this project like a vulture.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Calling it now, Derek will be attempting to shitpost about Star Citizen while being blown away by probably one of the worst hurricanes to ever hit North America.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Golli posted:

e: my speculation only

That's just the account list. The backer list is closer to 500k as of last year, at least according to Ortwind Fairymouth

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Thoatse posted:

That's just the account list. The backer list is closer to 500k as of last year, at least according to Ortwind Fairymouth

Well to be fair, the $75 M gets them delivered to you loaded on a customized 64GB Mushkin USB drive, FOB Shanghai.

Bargain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

thatguy posted:

Calling it now, Derek will be attempting to shitpost about Star Citizen while being blown away by probably one of the worst hurricanes to ever hit North America.

As long as his electrical extension cords are good quality, then he'll just look like a "man at desk typing on keyboard" shaped kite, gracefully undulating and floating around in the murderdeathkill winds.

The only clue will be the "kite" occasionally shouting "LET ME loving FINISH!"