Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Is Florida one of those states where public urination makes you a registered sex offender?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Is Florida one of those states where public urination makes you a registered sex offender?

I thought that was Oklahoma?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It's more "public urination on school grounds" turns into public indecency or lewd exposure to minors whatever they want to call it, even if it's at 2am

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
They should make pissing in public legal everywhere.

Or have free public bathrooms everywhere, if you enjoy a society which doesn't reek of piss.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Kemper Boyd posted:

They should make pissing in public legal everywhere.

Or have free public bathrooms everywhere, if you enjoy a society which doesn't reek of piss.

But then homeless people will pee in them and I don't want to see poors in my bathrooms?

What insanity, next you'll propose public housing and care

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/905430701595652096

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I'll just check the comments real quick and oh hey, mostly human garbage.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

bird food bathtub posted:

Gonna just draw a Venn diagram here of that 70% and the people who make up the hyper nationalist, ok-with-white-supremacists-and-Nazis base that still support Trump and...humm, that's odd. I didn't think you could run out of room for two entirely separate circles in a plane but one circle wants to murder the other. Don't remember this problem in geometry class.

I just figured for a party that wants an easy legislative victory of some substance, something that around 3/4 of the electorate supports would be an easy win. As it is kicking the can on spending down the road 3 months is some kind of major achievement and they still aren't happy with it.

Although I did read Obamas letter on DACA on Facebook and then took a peek at the comments agasint my better judgement and the amount of "baboon" and other similarly racist comments was amazing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 6, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here is the story of Delta flight DL431/DL302.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/905487561182908416

The flight went to Puerto Rico, landed, then picked up people and got the gently caress out, just beating the hurricane.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 6, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

The flight went to Puerto Rico, landed, then picked up people and got the gently caress out, just beating the hurricane.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lightpole posted:

Although I did read Obamas letter on DACA on Facebook and then took a peek at the comments agasint my better judgement and the amount of "baboon" and other similarly racist comments was amazing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

But racism does not exist! It's just the mainstream media trying to tear us apart to take our guns!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

That's crazy as poo poo. I'm wondering if they get chewed the gently caress out for taking unnecessary risks. Either way they have some serious balls

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

But racism does not exist! It's just the mainstream media trying to tear us apart to take our guns!

Government bad when does Taxes and Takes guns and wont let me do what I want, except when government police do anything to that seemingly keeps whitey on top.

:thunk:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

lightpole posted:

I just figured for a party that wants an easy legislative victory of some substance, something that around 3/4 of the electorate supports would be an easy win. As it is kicking the can on spending down the road 3 months is some kind of major achievement and they still aren't happy with it.

While it may be easy legislatively it's suicidal electorally. That's what the two circles are. Trump has used the dog whistle bigotry of decades to steal the base out from every other Republican and now they have to worry about being assassinated by that hateful base if they do things that larger circle wants.

Normally this would fix itself by the significantly smaller circle going further and further into irrelevance and the political goals they advocate getting abandoned but welp, our elections are loving broken and now they hold majorities basically everywhere with less people voting for them but they have to pander to the broke brained base or they're hosed. Even a three month continuing resolution has the right wing hate-mosphere already baying for the blood of the RINOs and that's only going to get worse.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

President Trump said it "looks like it could be something that will be not good. Believe me, not good."

About irma

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think it's inaccurate to say the election system is broken. We have one of the LEAST corrupt election systems in the world.

It would be dope if we could put a stop to unethical gerrymandering and go to a straight popular vote. Which seems easy in theory but people are broken.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
This is a rough story about the crowd sourced emergency response during Harvey

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/I-downloaded-an-app-And-suddenly-I-was-talking-12172506.php?cmpid=twitter-premium

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I think it's inaccurate to say the election system is broken. We have one of the LEAST corrupt election systems in the world.

It would be dope if we could put a stop to unethical gerrymandering and go to a straight popular vote. Which seems easy in theory but people are broken.

Would never happen. All of the Iowa, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, etc. have too much to lose by going to a popular vote system.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

drat... That is rough. Legit impressed she did as well as she did with an app on a cell phone and a laptop. My version would have been fueled with energy drinks and nicotine.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
This may be the dumbest speech I've ever listened to.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Should start taking bets on if Mar A Lago gets wiped off the loving map.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

fromoutofnowhere posted:

God exists if so

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

God exists if so

Even if so he needs a swift kick in the balls

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

fromoutofnowhere posted:

I don't know how to feel about that, I've got a bunch of friends in Florida so I don't want the place wiped out. On the other hand, if that place specifically got wiped out I'd throw a party. I mean, scientifically, there isn't any reason the hurricane couldn't just sit and smash that and dissipate, I'll put my hopes on that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

What's everyone's Grover prediction of Irma?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

psydude posted:

Please find the original :)

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

Hexyflexy posted:

I don't know how to feel about that, I've got a bunch of friends in Florida so I don't want the place wiped out. On the other hand, if that place specifically got wiped out I'd throw a party. I mean, scientifically, there isn't any reason the hurricane couldn't just sit and smash that and dissipate, I'll put my hopes on that.

I've got family and friends down there as well (who are already leaving), so I don't want anyone getting hurt, or losing anything. If it does wipe it out and dissipate, I'll be heading to church.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

psydude posted:

Hurricane Irma will lead to the liberation of Iraq from ISIS.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hexyflexy posted:

Please find the original :)

quote:

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Ignoring how dumb/bad all this is even without hindsight, in what world do civilians and coalition forces get nailed with chem/bio weapons and the civilian casualty count is 3,000 and the coalition casualty count is 15?

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Not your father's Sarkazmobile.

Absolutely gut wrenching.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Ignoring how dumb/bad all this is even without hindsight, in what world do civilians and coalition forces get nailed with chem/bio weapons and the civilian casualty count is 3,000 and the coalition casualty count is 15?

Clancyland.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

How long will it take to flood Mar a Lago? 2 hours
Will Richard Branson be killed? No
Total Haitian civillian casualties: 5000 dead
Total casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Miami residents hold the lines? No
Will the Republicans fight assistance for hurricane victims to the end? Yes
Will chem/bio waste end up sickening first responders who will then have to petition the government for assistance?: Yes
Will Trump launch attacks on the Democrats? Yes
Will Trump launch attacks on immigrants? Yes
-If yes; will Rubio retaliate harshly? No
Will Trump sacrifice Mar a Lago? No
Will Republicans do anything silly like cut funding for FEMA? Yes
Will another chemical plant burn? Yes
How long will the national guard be occupying Miami? ~15 years
Will the hurricane catalyze increased white terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this hurricane be good or bad for the world? Good

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I have a bunch of family but they all live on the gulf rather than the Atlantic so I'm hoping the track sticks to the east edge of the state rather than the west

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:getin:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/905531721940168705

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

gently caress. Read this.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Meta prediction:
Groverhaus is potentially in the path of Irma so it will collapse and Grover will die under his load bearing drywall.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

How long will it take to flood Mar a Lago? 2 hours
Will Richard Branson be killed? No
Total Haitian civillian casualties: 5000 dead
Total casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Miami residents hold the lines? No
Will the Republicans fight assistance for hurricane victims to the end? Yes
Will chem/bio waste end up sickening first responders who will then have to petition the government for assistance?: Yes
Will Trump launch attacks on the Democrats? Yes
Will Trump launch attacks on immigrants? Yes
-If yes; will Rubio retaliate harshly? No
Will Trump sacrifice Mar a Lago? No
Will Republicans do anything silly like cut funding for FEMA? Yes
Will another chemical plant burn? Yes
How long will the national guard be occupying Miami? ~15 years
Will the hurricane catalyze increased white terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this hurricane be good or bad for the world? Good

Forgot to include politicization of climate change

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Sarkazm posted:

Absolutely gut wrenching.

gently caress. "Water past the roof" Awful.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Any of you guys getting idiots posting the Lincoln was ok with slavery to preserve the union/Lee was ok with ending slavery to save the union? I know the quotes are real but talk is cheap. What actually happened is ignored.

I'm gonna start having to cut and paste a reply to these idiots trying to suck off the traitor Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax. Obviously.

This is fine.

• Locked thread