Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Voting C, gently caress all clanners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Gotta be C: the players murdered a bunch of civilians taking this planet, it only seems fitting that other players take revenge.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

"See Joe, this is what winning a meaningful game feels like"
Voting C!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

voting B which i'm sure will break the tie

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
A

Hardcore

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
gently caress I'm going to register some new accounts and get A to win! Will totally be worth it!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Affi posted:

gently caress I'm going to register some new accounts and get A to win! Will totally be worth it!

It was already established to be acceptable, many years ago when someone freaked out about alleged ballot box stuffing because people with new accounts (or old accounts but few posts) were suddenly voting. :v: PTN specifically said one account is one vote, and if someone really wants to just throw a shitload of money at extra accounts that's their business.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Affi posted:

Zaodai posted:

. . . if someone really wants to just throw a shitload of money at extra accounts that's their business.

Wow. People really feel strongly about this vote huh?

I can see the appeal of SotC Robert, Rebel Lt. who's torn between his duty to the cause and the woman he loves (or the office chair).

Clanners though? Is it that folks want to play as Clanners? Or, just control how the Clan dies on Luthien?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We want to die a glorious death as an old man we all respect for his badassery.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I thought Angry Clan GrandpaTM was in the NRWR though? I have trouble keeping track of all the characters. PTN how do you manage to keep everything straight, is there a setting bible we'll get to see if the thread ever ends?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Grizzwold posted:

I thought Angry Clan GrandpaTM was in the NRWR though? I have trouble keeping track of all the characters. PTN how do you manage to keep everything straight, is there a setting bible we'll get to see if the thread ever ends?

You're thinking of Mechwarrior Ath, who is the oldest living Clanner who first showed up as a player-controlled Bane during the Ultimatum mission. He survived and later showed up as part of the OpFor piloting a Hellstar during the NRWR campaign. Grier Siedmann is a slightly younger man who also piloted a Bane and wrecked a bunch of players early on in the thread.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I have no way of policing it, so if someone's that invested :shrug:

Banes have a habit of wrecking players.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Also Batman.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I was kidding :shobon: But anyone not voting A is definitely voting wrong!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Zaodai posted:

Also Batman.

Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your body?

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Affi posted:

I was kidding :shobon: But anyone not voting A is definitely voting wrong!

Something's wrong with your keyboard, mate. You type C, but it's displaying as A. I'd get that fixed. Technician Robert could help with that!

(:justpost: and vote C. )

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
A and B are missions for folks who want to smash robots together until they break. C is something a little different.

None are bad.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Zaodai posted:

We want to die a glorious death as an old man we all respect for his badassery.

Joke's on you: Grier ignobly dies offscreen, Ath returns to the IS and leads the now bondsman Hell's Horses to victory in the name of the DracSuns.
Still nobody manages to give him a glorious death.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

sheep-dodger posted:

Joke's on you: Grier ignobly dies offscreen, Ath returns to the IS and leads the now bondsman Hell's Horses to victory in the name of the DracSuns.
Still nobody manages to give him a glorious death.

It seems all their deaths are going to be off-screen, C has a pretty good lead. I'm curious to see what the "something different" ends up being.

Maybe your friend ends up dying to CapCon AI controlled Giant Robbits. Or a jump torpedo from the NRWR. I just vote for the best fights in this campaign, I have no particular side in a fight between the Hell's Horses and the Drac Suns.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Reasons to vote A instead of C:
  • Same starting letter as great Battlemechs such as the Atlas, Axman, and Awesome, unlike C with its terrible Charger and Cataphract.
  • Glorious last stands are always pretty great.
  • It's BATTLETECH, not Cattletech.
  • Assault also starts with the same letter. What mech class starts with C? Yeah, I thought so.
  • Amaris appreciates Clanners getting blown up.
  • (IS fans only) - ComStar started the destabilizing of the IS. The Clans are dorks. Both start with C. Coincidence? Unlikely.
  • (Clanners only) - Cappellan Confederation does warcrimes and mercenaries. Draconis Combine is also dickish. All contain a lot of C's.

I think this entirely non-flimsy list of justifications for why A is better should convince someone.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hedningen posted:

I think this entirely non-flimsy list of justifications for why A is better should convince someone.

I'm sold.

Although, CattleTech sounds pretty terrific and I'd like you to develop that game system immediately.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

I'm sold.

Although, CattleTech sounds pretty terrific and I'd like you to develop that game system immediately.

Done

edit: Twice

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Ah, see I was think more Critter-TEK.

Edit: oh whelps goddamit

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hedningen posted:

Same starting letter as great Battlemechs such as the Atlas, Axman, and Awesome, unlike C with its terrible Charger and Cataphract.

The Cataphract is great and it was the basis for the Caesar which is extra-great. The Axman ranges from garbage to average.

e: This thread's Solaris champion is a Centurion, I'll have you know

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Cascade Jones posted:

Ah, see I was think more Critter-TEK.

Edit: oh whelps goddamit

Pish Posh; Gentlemen, I know about the CattleMaster (although I had forgotten about CritterTech) :)

What I had in mind was a campaign set on New Abilene wherein 4 Players each control a Ranching Dynasty and vie for ultimate Bovine Dominance.

Imagine Dynasty, Hatfield & McCoys, Telenovela, Romeo & Juliet, and Settlers of Catan, with 'mechs.

Also, we introduce the new 55-Ton MoC medium omnimech, the Vaquero; a 5/8 Striker which is perfectly tuned to the setting of mystery, intrigue, murder, romance, and passion!!!

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
+1 for Cattletech.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Great, now I need to do something with that stupid joke. I think I can get some CattleMasters from my LGS for this dumb project . . .

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Hedningen posted:

• Same starting letter as great Battlemechs such as the Atlas, Axman, and Awesome, unlike C with its terrible Charger and Cataphract.

I will accept that the 3025 Charger is bad, but anyone who speaks poorly of the mech with my beloved -3K and -SA5 variants is an enemy of mine.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The -SA5 is a magnificent beast.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A was there ever any doubt?

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

KnoxZone posted:

I will accept that the 3025 Charger is bad, but anyone who speaks poorly of the mech with my beloved -3K and -SA5 variants is an enemy of mine.

I will concede that point. I was, of course, speaking of the 3025 Charger. Other Chargers are not as bad.

I also admit that Cataphracts can be good, and the Axman is underwhelming on the table. However - how can you dislike a giant robot with an axe? For additional evidence, I submit that Hatchetman, which you will note has the "A" before the "C", indicating it as a superior choice.

I believe that my incredibly tenuous reasoning, nonsensical criteria, and blatantly cherrypicked evidence stand on their own dubious merits. After all, what letter does anecdotal start with? That's right, "A" - the superior choice.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Didn't we have a mexican wrestler themed Charger that suplexed a mech? I'm pretty sure that deserves a C vote.

In like Zinn
Jan 3, 2010

You'll notice from the bodies where the squaddies have been.

Defiance Industries posted:

The Cataphract is great and it was the basis for the Caesar which is extra-great. The Axman ranges from garbage to average.

e: This thread's Solaris champion is a Centurion, I'll have you know

Hell yeah, C for Antonin Césaire! The Legendary Legionaire!

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Hedningen posted:

I believe that my incredibly tenuous reasoning, nonsensical criteria, and blatantly cherrypicked evidence stand on their own dubious merits. After all, what letter does anecdotal start with? That's right, "A" - the superior choice.

What else starts with A? Adam Steiner. Andrew Steiner. Alessandro Steiner. You know, the lame Steiners. Antioch Bell. Ajax. Angus Rose. You know, the jobber members of the Black Thorns.

C is for (office) Chair and (phonetically) Korean Robert. It's the Clear choice!

Cascade Jones fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 7, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CourValant posted:

Wow. People really feel strongly about this vote huh?

The story of Shadow Dragon got really weird

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Xarbala posted:

The story of Shadow Dragon got really weird

You ain't kidding either. What is it with Luthien which brings out this much angst and loathing? I doubt a vote on Tharkad or New Avalon would bring out the same reaction.

Cascade Jones posted:

C is for (office) Chair and (phonetically) Korean Robert. It's the Clear choice!

Alright. We're just getting silly now. :)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Hedningen posted:

• Glorious last stands are always pretty great.
  • It's BATTLETECH, not Cattletech.
  • Assault also starts with the same letter. What mech class starts with C? Yeah, I thought so.
  • Amaris appreciates Clanners getting blown up.
  • (IS fans only) - ComStar started the destabilizing of the IS. The Clans are dorks. Both start with C. Coincidence? Unlikely.
  • (Clanners only) - Cappellan Confederation does warcrimes and mercenaries. Draconis Combine is also dickish. All contain a lot of C's.

Flawless. VOTE A TODAYAAAAAAAA

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

CourValant posted:

You ain't kidding either. What is it with Luthien which brings out this much angst and loathing? I doubt a vote on Tharkad or New Avalon would bring out the same reaction.

Alright. We're just getting silly now. :)

Eh, I just couldn't quickly think of any C-named Battletech characters without busting out the pocket nuke which is Caesar Steiner.

Edit: or, you know, I couldn't be bothered to look back a few pages at PTN's Let's Read of Close Quarters for some ammo. :doh:

Cascade Jones fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 7, 2017

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Cascade Jones posted:

Eh, I just couldn't quickly think of any C-named Battletech characters without busting out the pocket nuke which is Caesar Steiner.

Edit: or, you know, I couldn't be bothered to look back a few pages at PTN's Let's Read of Close Quarters for some ammo. :doh:

Well...

There is the Lyran Commonwealth home of Defiance Industries.

And of course the former Draconis Combine which we are liberating.

Let's not forget the Capellan Confederation with it's Death Commandos and Maskirova.

And there's nuke happy Taurian Concordat which loves to nuke Davion.

There is also their neighbor, the Magistracy of Canopus which just wants to live in peace.

And lest we forget Space AT&T, Comstar makes things complete.

Space 80s would really have been improved with a built in thesaurus for their word processors. Also, the Circinus Federation doesn't deserve mention as they are failed Rim Worlders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Cascade Jones posted:

. . . See You Space Cowboy . . . :ocelot: :)

• Locked thread