Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i'm high and drinking blueberry kombucha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Where is gridiron chefs, you just forfieted a first round pick

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Where is gridiron chefs, you just forfieted a first round pick

Apparently more than just that! I got hammered with about 35 emails about 15 minutes ago of you guys doing your picks. Had no idea draft was today. Only remember seeing something about draft shortly after the waiver period finished (doing it by Sept. 7?), but never knew this specific time/day.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

man I don't know what to tell ya. We discussed it extensively in the thread, it's in the league calendar on the spreadsheet, and it's in the MFL interface and has been for a couple weeks. I understand real life happens and you've been busy and stuff, but... yeah, did we mess up somehow?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All owners:
I'll be updating the player salaries from the draft in the next hour. We also have a waiver auction scheduled for tomorrow (saturday) - but that's needlessly soon, and half of you haven't had a chance to set up your picks for it. So I'll be pushing it out to run tomorrow night (late saturday night).

You need to move rookies to taxi squads to clear the three extra roster slots. I will remove the slots as soon as everyone has done that. You can't drop or trade away players to do that - but you can drop players in advance of or as part of the next waiver period.

Basically the regular season starts tomorrow, as far as all scheduled events are concerned.

We were talking in chat and smurf and I realized our rules dont' really say when taxi squad theft starts. I think everyone should have a chance to figure out their poo poo, but thefts are basically on right away, so uh... don't put someone on taxi that you don't want possibly stolen.

Remember that to steal a taxi squad player, you have to commit to starting them in their next game: and to prevent a steal, you have to commit to starting them in their next game. If you don't want to start or lose a rookie, don't put him on your taxi squad.

I'll update everyone as I finish poo poo, and in the next few days we'll do a draft post-mortem.

e. actually we did not have a waivers set to run Saturday: the first waiver auction is on Wednesday, in advance of thursday night's season opener. I don't want to suddenly have a saturday waiver period if you guys aren't ready for it, so I'm not just adding one now. Speak up if you think we should have a waiver auction this weekend.

e2. Why do we have a "lock all free agents" recurring event for sundays? MFL can't even tell me what it does, but I don't think we need it. Leftover cruft from last year, maybe?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 2, 2017

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

man I don't know what to tell ya. We discussed it extensively in the thread, it's in the league calendar on the spreadsheet, and it's in the MFL interface and has been for a couple weeks. I understand real life happens and you've been busy and stuff, but... yeah, did we mess up somehow?

If it was on MFL I missed seeing it - wherever it is listed I either did not visit or I overlooked it. I looked at the draft results and although I won't have anyone waiting in the wings I only really missed out on a couple of targets (maybe one?) considering where I was drafting. Still sucks to be me, but I will be fine.

Apologies if it caused you guys any delays.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Don't worry about us, I just feel bad you missed the rookie draft.

MFL shows a "countown" timer to the draft, and we have a "2017 draft schedule" tab on our spreadsheet page. I'm remembering you had fuckery with your email address, I hope that's still actually fixed (you got notifications from the draft so hopefully).

Next year I hope to have everything set in stone a lot earlier so we don't have last minute poo poo to figure out, it was pretty stressful this year. I guess it's still early days for a dynasty league and we're still figuring out some details.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Don't worry about us, I just feel bad you missed the rookie draft.

MFL shows a "countown" timer to the draft, and we have a "2017 draft schedule" tab on our spreadsheet page. I'm remembering you had fuckery with your email address, I hope that's still actually fixed (you got notifications from the draft so hopefully).

Next year I hope to have everything set in stone a lot earlier so we don't have last minute poo poo to figure out, it was pretty stressful this year. I guess it's still early days for a dynasty league and we're still figuring out some details.

No feeling bad on my behalf. In the end this is a game we are all playing for fun, with a bit of cash to make the competitive juices flow.

Yeah once in a long while the notifications do get delayed for whatever reason, and it chose a good time to delay them heh. I was seeing a bunch of trades earlier in the day and those were pretty much as they were happening so I got unlucky with the timing of this. In the end a lesson learned as I will be setting pre-draft lists in all leagues just in case something like this happens again.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good idea.

All rookie salaries are entered, and I went ahead and put their draft pick orders into the player data too.

BALLS OF FURY: must move 3 players to taxi squad to clear the temporary bench slots.
Ash Ketchum: must clear cap space by moving rookies to taxi
1017 BRICK SQUAD: Overdrafted. You have 25 rostered players, plus three rookies on your taxi squad, and nobody eligible for IR. :argh:

1017's last pick was Jayon Brown, so he has to be dropped. The owners who could have drafted him after that can be found on the draft list.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

It looks like the draft is technically 'not finished' yet. http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=17

I assume a commissioner can end that sucker?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Finally found it. Changed it to 'Load Rosters Manually' from the general league setup page.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

1017 BRICK SQUAD: Overdrafted. You have 25 rostered players, plus three rookies on your taxi squad, and nobody eligible for IR. :argh:

1017's last pick was Jayon Brown, so he has to be dropped. The owners who could have drafted him after that can be found on the draft list.

whoops. I miscounted. I said Barnett was gonna be my last pick then I made another one

e: can't drop him yet
e2: can I just wait two weeks until Keenan Allen goes on IR again? jk

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 2, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm stealing all your taxi squad rookies my team is terrible and I have nothing to lose :madmax:

fake edit: in all honesty, I set my week one roster, and provided that my rookies preform somewhat admirably, it really doesn't look that bad

Rebuild completion expected September 2019: Trust The Process

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

I'm gonna take Jayon Brown off of 1017's roster.

Here were the picks after him:

If you wanted Jayon Brown, and you had room for him on your roster at the end of the draft, speak up. Whoever is soonest after 1017's pick would have gotten to get him instead, so that's how I'll prioritize it if needed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Blind bidding waivers start tomorrow morning at 8 AM EST. So get your bids/picks in today!

Please post if we've forgotten anything we needed to do ahead of kickoff on Thursday. I'm good at forgetting poo poo.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Blind bidding waivers start tomorrow morning at 8 AM EST. So get your bids/picks in today!

Wait, is this gonna reset my bids?

They are set to fire at 11am right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh, sorry, my mistake: the league calendar view is compensating for my local time zone. It's 11AM eastern, 8AM pacific.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did I just big 19$ higher than anyone else on Hill?

Ugh

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
lol nice

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. Hill may still have a job and part of a timeshare in cincinnatti, but there's an opportunity cost to taking him over some other RB with either more long-term future prospects, or a clearer role.

I imagine next week after we see how he and Mixon get used, his value will either go up to something like what you bid... or drop into the $1 range.

I was gonna bid on him if I didn't get anyone in the free agent auction, but only grudgingly and only like maybe $5. I think Hill is a JAG and the Bengals didn't take Mixon early because they were excited about starting Hill for the next year or two.

...in other news, gently caress this hurricane, and gently caress the Dolphins, the Bucs, and the NFL for not just moving that game to Pittsburgh or something. 16 straight weeks is going to depress late season value of three of my top players (and also jacquizz).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm very happy about $4 total for Peterson and Funchess

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. Hill may still have a job and part of a timeshare in cincinnatti, but there's an opportunity cost to taking him over some other RB with either more long-term future prospects, or a clearer role.

I imagine next week after we see how he and Mixon get used, his value will either go up to something like what you bid... or drop into the $1 range.

Yeah, I have essentially 0 faith in Hill. He was terrible last year. Mixon is clearly supposed to take his job. Gio is the third down back either way, which limits his upside even further. I'd rather hold Gio (like I did).

I feel like his long term role is less clear than several players on my bench.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Man I could have started both Hunt and Gillislee tonight, glad I at least went with Hunt.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I traded back from 1.05, and you took hunt at 1.06. I'm feeling pretty stupid about that.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I was planning to take Hunt after Fournette and Mixon

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I updated the Gameday tab with a scoreboard.

It links to a new tab, and a giant scoreboard that no one will likely use.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Looks pretty cool, although it's annoying that when the page auto-refreshes it closes the Bench area even if you opened.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just use the MFL Platinum app that shows all the MFL leagues you are in at the same time.

I cant find it on the web, but I can find it on the app easy enough.

I can turn off the auto refresh if you want, or turn it down or whatever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

nah it's fine, who needs to stare at their bench anyway?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

andy dalton :argh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

so much for a rebuild :madmax:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I was upset that I picked up Demarcus Lawrence over Calais "4 Sacks" Campbell after having an internal debate about it last week. Turns out I'm not as dumb as I thought because Lawrence put up 20.75 points for me last night.

Keeping Bradley McDougald over Morgan Burnett was super dumb of me though. I honestly had no idea he had gone to the Seahawks until I was looking at the live scoring yesterday and wondering why he wasn't doing anything. :downs:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My best linebackers are on my taxi squad.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well at least Dalton is underlining why I went whole hog on rookie QBs in the draft. I'm sick to death of picking (wrongly) between my roster of inconsistent shitheads.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My 3 man taxi squad scored more points than my entire 12 man bench and Gridirons entire 12 man bench combined.

Fantasy football is fuckin weird.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

so much for a rebuild :madmax:

thank you for stefon diggs

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

My team blows rear end lol some things never change

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Mediocre Cougars here. My power has been out since Sunday due to Hurricane Irma, and it's looking like it won't be restored until next week. I have to take care of my family and property and can't devote any energy to fantasy football.

I'd like to ask you all not steal from my taxi squad during this time. I'll let you know when I'm back online.

Thanks.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Need us to set your lineup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Zack posted:

Mediocre Cougars here. My power has been out since Sunday due to Hurricane Irma, and it's looking like it won't be restored until next week. I have to take care of my family and property and can't devote any energy to fantasy football.

I'd like to ask you all not steal from my taxi squad during this time. I'll let you know when I'm back online.

Thanks.

Hopefully you'll be able to set your lineup. There's probably a player or two on your taxi squad worth stealing, maybe, but I'm not really sure. I'm inclined to accept "being affected by natural disaster" as a taxi squad lock for a week: what do the other commissioners think?