Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Imagine if he'd had Greenmeat in his command staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Soldier who missed ETS date finally cleared out 5 days passed ETS. Attempted to stay in barracks, got booted from his room, and threatened to go to media for us making him be homeless.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Kaliber posted:

Soldier who missed ETS date finally cleared out 5 days passed ETS. Attempted to stay in barracks, got booted from his room, and threatened to go to media for us making him be homeless.

:stare:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
let me know when that poo poo airs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So you got the bar from reenlistment paperwork going right

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Can't bar a guy from reenlistment when he's already out of the Army and a civilian.

Dude's plan was to seriously stay in the barracks for a week or so after he got his DD2214... I hate all Soldiers. gently caress me for still being in.

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 7, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tsk tsk

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

tastefully arranged labia posted:

So you got the bar from reenlistment paperwork going right

And now another guy has a reenlistment code of 1 due to failure to fill out 20 minutes' worth of paperwork.

https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/current-and-prior-service/frequently-asked-questions.html

edit: lmbo that this is an FAQ question on that page:

quote:

Question: My Chain of Command will not sign the 4187 or support my move to the 75th Ranger Regiment. What should I do?

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 7, 2017

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
YG14 and out.........win????

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TheAlphaChaser posted:

YG14 and out.........win????

ever in the military? loss.

e: to be clear, you might be winning. but we are all in the loser's bracket.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

ever in the military? loss.

e: to be clear, you might be winning. but we are all in the loser's bracket.

Basically just means he's king retard. Congrats I guess.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
If you're talking about YG's it means you joined after having a college degree (is degree completion still a thing?)

so think about that

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
At least they get officer pay. I was a cool guy E4 in BCT.

still think it was worth it in the end, though

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Any media that picks that story up is stupid. The minute they hear "I'm out of the Army and they're kicking me out of my rooooooooooom." The dude will go Daffy Duck

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Soulex posted:

Any media that picks that story up is stupid. The minute they hear "I'm out of the Army and they're kicking me out of my rooooooooooom." The dude will go Daffy Duck

Americanpatriotveteran.us will pick it up or something

I guess there was some backlash to a picture of some national guard dudes sleeping in a hallway on the floor because they gave the cots to some civilians. Facebook warriors complained that "are troops" weren't being treated like gods

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ashmole posted:

Americanpatriotveteran.us will pick it up or something

I guess there was some backlash to a picture of some national guard dudes sleeping in a hallway on the floor because they gave the cots to some civilians. Facebook warriors complained that "are troops" weren't being treated like gods

And chances are they weren't volunteered.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Soulex posted:

Send it to JQP. :getin:

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Kaliber posted:

Wow. So what did you do with him? Drive him to the front gate and drop him off?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
NTC is so dumb

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

NTC is so dumb

That's where the Grunt poo poo happens right?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's simulated grunt poo poo!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Wow. So what did you do with him? Drive him to the front gate and drop him off?

What happened to his flight home? Shouldn't you have at least got him a plane ticket to his home of record?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

He had a bus ride back to Chicago 4 hours away in Atlanta. Didn't book a flight home because it was too expensive. I know one of the dudes in the platoon dropped him off at a hotel. But no one in the platoon wanted to give him a ride because he was only offering $50 for gas and with all the gas stations out of gas, charging $2.50+ for a gallon, no one wanted to waste their time. No clue what he's doing right now.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He's probably sucking dick for gas money

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The flight home is like... free, though.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I don't know why he booked a bus then? Trying to save the government money?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kaliber posted:

I don't know why he booked a bus then? Trying to save the government money?

Probably not enough engaged leadership :q:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Probably not enough engaged leadership :q:

You know I am gonna be that guy.

The time you spent posting this idiot's story could have been used doing bar to reenlistment papers and forcing said retard to book a plane flight and an uber to the airport. You hosed up.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I agree. Same for giving a guy this dumb months of gently caress off time and then being shocked that he did absolutely nothing worthwhile with that time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sounds like normal army stuff to me

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You didn't give him an ETS award, right?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

we had eyes on the entire geronimo SF company (as in all of them, in one place, with even more guerillas) at JRTC for about 45 minutes and our fire mission took an hour and a half to go through because the battery got hit by chemical weapons or they were all eating lunch welp thats my JRTC is dumb story

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

You didn't give him an ETS award, right?

I didn't write his. His old platoon leadership did it. The e7 who loved him to death gave him an AAM or something. Hell, I don't even think it was me that handed him his award. But I know he got one because he never asked for a memo of lateness when he was clearing. Apparently you can't even PCS/ETS without an award or a memo stating why you didn't get one.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Kaliber posted:

He had a bus ride back to Chicago 4 hours away in Atlanta. Didn't book a flight home because it was too expensive. I know one of the dudes in the platoon dropped him off at a hotel. But no one in the platoon wanted to give him a ride because he was only offering $50 for gas and with all the gas stations out of gas, charging $2.50+ for a gallon, no one wanted to waste their time. No clue what he's doing right now.

We have TMPs for things like this. Even if this kid was a mouth breather, he was your mouth breather. What the hell are you doing?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Whole bunch of white knights for an idiot private itt

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It's not even white knighting, this is just really basic stuff.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gently caress em imho

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pesticide20 posted:

Whole bunch of white knights for an idiot private itt

I'm mostly annoyed that they didn't do the 90 minutes of work it takes to bar or chapter 13/14 someone out so they can't ever come back, even if you don't feel like slamming someone with a general discharge.

(to be fair, I too, once believed through idiotic word of mouth that it was hard to kick idiots out promptly. It is, in fact, pretty easy once you learn about two-three things about paperwork.)

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 8, 2017

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

We have TMPs for things like this. Even if this kid was a mouth breather, he was your mouth breather. What the hell are you doing?

Your unit might have TMPs. I had to sign out a TMP from the civilians at the TMP yard for funeral detail because we didn't have any in BDE.

mlmp08 the reason why no one did the work, is because we're slammed with a hundred other things right now. Change of command layouts, 80% of the BDE is PCS'ing starting next week, an average of 2-3 NCOs per platoon, red cycle tasking, funeral detail,trying to figure out who has to get their PCS pushed back to support this OC/T poo poo at NTC, EIB, the hundreds of awards that is being written, all while every single one of the leaders is leaving within the next few weeks as well. I spent so much time dealing with everyone else's poo poo, I still haven't started on mine and I still need to figure out how to fix my orders for when I leave in 3 weeks.

If the kid ever decides to drop all that weight, get in shape and come back in, all the more power to him. It'll probably be better than being homeless.

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Okay