Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm surprised at how meat the adventures are, they are almost mission in their own rights and way better than patrols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The Meat Dimension posted:

Oryx got owned so the entire Hive went to the gym to bulk up

Seriously these acolytes
Yeah, did you see the giant hive worm that swims by the windows in the Titan mission? Makes you wonder if it came out of Oryx's corpse, but it probably isn't directly related to him or Crota.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Capn Beeb posted:

Do you folks getting those errors also have red Xs next to your icon on the PS4 dashboard?

Yup, this seems to be something wrong with PSN.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Squiggle posted:

Yup, this seems to be something wrong with PSN.

drat :( I just had a round of Titanfall 2 no problem, wonder what's up.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

So besides for popping shields, is there any practical difference between kinetic and energy weapons?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Story is way better this time but Jesus Christ the dialogue is garbage. I think they got someone's high school child to write it all and then put the voice talent on ambien just prior to recording.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

xzzy posted:

Story is way better this time but Jesus Christ the dialogue is garbage. I think they got someone's high school child to write it all and then put the voice talent on ambien just prior to recording.

Is it following us, or are we following it?

:catdrugs:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

" you got your light back? No loving way that's impossible!! Let's not explain this bombshell and go shoot some hive."

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just sent a clan request to Biggest Dumbest Space Men. DoctorCatHaver just can't leave this hot gay (late 2000's, not derogatory 90's style) game. On the pissfore of course.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
something that was not immediately obvious is that you can only infuse weapons of the same type, not just the same slot. this is good because farrrrrrt

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

20 minutes into the game there was a small period of time where other players were playing with me. Now I just got to the second planet and got the shard and I haven't seen other players in my game since. Is that because of server problems?

Edit: The game just revealed co-op and PVP to me.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 7, 2017

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
God drat it bungie! I wanted to get a quick patrol in before I go back to work.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I was worried Failsafe would end up just being a Borderlands rip, but no that's Asher. Failsafe is cool, Asher is not.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Just beat the story. Pretty good. Kind of thought (final boss stuff) that Gary would pull an Oryx and be the raid boss too but doesn't look like it. Also the consul dude and the speaker just biting it in a cutscene is wack and uh, post credits cutscene its those black pyramid things from the first game's concept art! Pyramid-head reapers!

The cuboid aru blue kinetic auto rifle is a beast, just a workhorse. Haven't tried it in pvp though.

arcstrider's melee-->dodge->repeat loops is super fun and cool when you get into the groove

and Rahool survived? damnit. drat. drat. bullshit. die you blue bastard

e; there's a second soccer field in tower 2.0, in the hangar past Cayde and Amanda

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 7, 2017

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Rerolled from hunter to warlock, so much happier. Hunter just seems... very half assed. Plus I rolled hunter first time in d1 so might as well shake it up.

Also I applied to the newest bdsm, how do I tell if I've been accepted or not? Do I have to get into a certain part of the plot? (Still VERY early since I rerolled and work ha ha).

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
I just started playing. Level two warlock on Xbone. GT: Thunderfunk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Toastymcfly posted:

Rerolled from hunter to warlock, so much happier. Hunter just seems... very half assed. Plus I rolled hunter first time in d1 so might as well shake it up.

Is that an actual thing? Or you mean you just re-made a character?

I've mostly only played hunter thus far. At this point I'm hoping there's a buff and hunters are so scarce now maybe it'll be good to have one around? Then again they don't really have any group benefit

Never played warlock before 🤔

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Finally got my nightstalker artifact and immediately dropped everything to level it up. Had exactly 8 upgrade points to fill out both skill trees. Can't wait to raid.

And I have a sparrow thank christ.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Got to 246, called it a night when my hands started cramping. Wanna bang out this Mida Multi Tool quest tomorrow morning.

Game is much better now with less grind and more rewards.

Anyone got a clue on this Rat King puzzle?

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is that an actual thing? Or you mean you just re-made a character?

I've mostly only played hunter thus far. At this point I'm hoping there's a buff and hunters are so scarce now maybe it'll be good to have one around? Then again they don't really have any group benefit

Never played warlock before 🤔

Oh I just made another character ha ha. I mean I like hunter.. maybe it's good in pvp, but I was never one for that all the time in D1. Warlock just has more useful abilities which I find awesome.

With that said gunslinger is so satisfying to fry people with

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

AndrewP posted:

So besides for popping shields, is there any practical difference between kinetic and energy weapons?

According to a pre-release interview, kinetic does more damage to non-super guardians in pvp and elemental melts a like-type superd guardian. Plus later on the nightfalls and challenge modes will have elemental burn modifiers like D1 which will be fun.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Got a pretty vague quest in my heavy weapon slot, and it looks like the next step is to wait for the raid. Anyone else having stuff like this drop for them?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, I just want to keep going. The new patrols are loving AWESOME. How the gently caress is a sparrow gonna work tho... I guess mostly with the water planet thing. But wow -- just got Cayde-6 but it's been like 6 hours. Sleeep.

New warlock sound effects are great - so much more oomph and I am glad I unlocked the voidwalker as I don't like being a sunsinger. And rather enjoy being a loving VOID VAMPIRE!!!!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

oh yeah I love psion's new sweet-rear end Vanquish style rocket boot skate

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

drat, I just want to keep going. The new patrols are loving AWESOME. How the gently caress is a sparrow gonna work tho... I guess mostly with the water planet thing. But wow -- just got Cayde-6 but it's been like 6 hours. Sleeep.

New warlock sound effects are great - so much more oomph and I am glad I unlocked the voidwalker as I don't like being a sunsinger. And rather enjoy being a loving VOID VAMPIRE!!!!

I'm so feeling the Warlock. I miss being a Titan a little bit but gently caress dude the ~class fantasy~ is locked in tight with the Warlock. I love feeling like a mage/etc but tough as hell and not too squishy. I'm also digging throwing swords but using voidkamehamehas in the intro mission was raaad so I'm thinking of going back to that when I get it.

Related, there's something real goofy about texting Kellogg's about video games. It said 48-72 hours but hopefully I'll get my sparrow and xp soon!

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Got to 246, called it a night when my hands started cramping. Wanna bang out this Mida Multi Tool quest tomorrow morning.

Game is much better now with less grind and more rewards.

Anyone got a clue on this Rat King puzzle?

Cooypaste from reddit:

Text: Step 1: Complete All quests on Titan

Step 2: Complete 3 patrol missions

Step 3: Complete 2 public events

Step 4: Complete or Win 2 crucible matches (Quickplay works)

Step 5: Complete Nightfall

What did you do to hit 246?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seizon posted:

Got a pretty vague quest in my heavy weapon slot, and it looks like the next step is to wait for the raid. Anyone else having stuff like this drop for them?

Yeah, where you had to kill Red Legion guys on Nessus?

I'm eager to see what comes of it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ok seriously though what the hell was bungie thinking not allowing us to buy actual items? if i want a specific auto rifle or something i'm just supposed to hope it's the one out of 100 drop out of an engram?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat this game is good. There were some parts of the campaign that really felt like old Halo, especially rolling in the tank. Also, the Taken are significantly less tedious to fight now, I actually enjoyed the levels with them. All that teleport and clone BS has really been toned down a whole lot, and the captain orbs don't travel through walls anymore. Good poo poo, I'm really enjoying pretty much everything so far.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

ok seriously though what the hell was bungie thinking not allowing us to buy actual items? if i want a specific auto rifle or something i'm just supposed to hope it's the one out of 100 drop out of an engram?

have you ever played a game with loot before

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Eye of Another World is amazing (improves grenade, Rift and melee ability cooldowns), and it looks like a space-rococo Daft Punk helmet. Never taking it off.

Also the weapon progression system is so much better now. I do not miss harvesting shrubs and rocks.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 7, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There are so many good ideas in the loot progression, PvE structure and what not, but man oh man is the weapon and cooldown situation bad. Some of the heroic event and post campaign quest bosses are massive sponges and you just have to sit there and mash the trigger over and over and over and over.

I'm at the point now where I'm able to a lot all the cooldown mods in and it still sucks. (253, all legendaries/exotics and fully modded).

And the kinetic/energy situation is pretty unclear and silly.

I'd love to see them give enemies a bit more health and slash PvE cooldowns dramatically. The game is still good and I'm glad the PvE is interesting.

Still doing lols and lmaos about how stupid the plot was though. At least they tried. And the last boss was pretty cool and funny, save for his cringeworthy dialogue there.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Non-legendary scout rifles are so loving garbage.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, where you had to kill Red Legion guys on Nessus?

I'm eager to see what comes of it.

Yeah, that's the one. It took a little while, so I'm glad it was on that planet in particular; I love the direction they took with its design & color palette

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There are so many good ideas in the loot progression, PvE structure and what not, but man oh man is the weapon and cooldown situation bad. Some of the heroic event and post campaign quest bosses are massive sponges and you just have to sit there and mash the trigger over and over and over and over.

I'm at the point now where I'm able to a lot all the cooldown mods in and it still sucks. (253, all legendaries/exotics and fully modded).

And the kinetic/energy situation is pretty unclear and silly.

I'd love to see them give enemies a bit more health and slash PvE cooldowns dramatically. The game is still good and I'm glad the PvE is interesting.

Still doing lols and lmaos about how stupid the plot was though. At least they tried. And the last boss was pretty cool and funny, save for his cringeworthy dialogue there.

weird cuz I was about to come here and say that tether + coldheart absolutely melts everything

e; also I got an exotic primary quest

according to reddit it's for Sturm. Do Failsafe's quest line on nessus and you get Drang the sidearm. You need to decode an exotic engram- save the one from completing the campaign! Also 5 legendary engrams- leveling up gunsmith/etc. counts for that, even though it doesn't actually give you an engram to take to the cryptarch

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 7, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So what's up with those treasure maps Cayde is selling post-game? Is it just stuff I can find anyways or does buying the map spawn it?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kind of love the Code of the Protector upgrades.

First Upgrade: Punching things gives you a shield.
Second Upgrade: Punching things heals you
Third Upgrade: Shield from first Upgrade lasts longer and makes you better at punching things

Titan is finally the Muscle Wizard we all wanted it to be. Well, I wanted it to be anyway, and I haven't even got the other subclasses yet :v:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Vintersorg posted:

Same here. Warlock is great and I'm having loads of fun now that I made up my mind. My only complaint is that blink does not jump you far enough to be worth losing the regular jump (in pve at least).

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone else using the catapault jump on their titan? It was kinda useless in D1 but they seemed to add some height to it since then so I quite like it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Republicans posted:

So what's up with those treasure maps Cayde is selling post-game? Is it just stuff I can find anyways or does buying the map spawn it?

I did one and all I got was an emblem.