Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I just tuned in to hear her slam the loving door on his gifts to the younger generation. He needs to stop popping the mic, come on Bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

He got her good on that "So why are they coming back to NZ?" question though

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Yeah she honestly didn't know which way to jump there.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
He is getting fuckin destroyed on the cathedral though

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

im the impassioned and drawn-out gently caress oooooooooofffff from the crowd when Bill refused to commit a rebuild figure

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bike tory posted:

Yeah she really missed an opportunity to nail him on maybe the reason they are coming back is because their most common destination is Australia who his government is allowing to put New Zealanders in concentration camps.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Also, the student loan changes were pretty crippling if you were a graduate working overseas. I got hit with an $11,000 bill outta nowhere because they changed the way student loans work while you're overseas. It cleaned out my bank account, and made working there for another year totally unsustainable.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

And she got him good when she asked him to define "affordable housing." Him freezing up was pretty telling.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Fire closing speech from Ardern.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That was a loving bloodbath.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

New poll out and apparently National hasn't polled this low since Bill English was their leader.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Bill English says poverty is under control because while NZ has poor, it doesn't have 'poor poor'

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Varkk posted:

New poll out and apparently National hasn't polled this low since Bill English was their leader.

that's a lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
English's biggest weakness is that he's an honest guy

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Winston's not going to bother with the TVNZ debate tomorrow because if Bill and Jacinda aren't there he doesn't want to be there either.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

On current polling, Chris Bishop wouldn't get back into parliament (he's behind the Labour candidate in Hutt South).

:dance:

https://twitter.com/PalairetNathan/status/905676892367314946

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
I'm starting to get a little nervous that the Greens won't hit 5%. I assume they don't have any candidates likely to win an electorate somewhere?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

On current polling, Chris Bishop wouldn't get back into parliament (he's behind the Labour candidate in Hutt South).

:dance:

https://twitter.com/PalairetNathan/status/905676892367314946

What polling are you basing Bishop not winning Hutt South? I haven't seen anything about it really, just expected he'd probably win that seat.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Labour's internal polling has Ginny Andersen ahead of him since the Green candidate withdrew to take a new job.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh right the Green dropped out, prob safe Lab then.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Nah Labour's putting a lot of resources into it, Bishop was only a few hundred votes away from taking it off Mallard last time, and he'd been the MP for like 25 years.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

redleader posted:

I'm starting to get a little nervous that the Greens won't hit 5%. I assume they don't have any candidates likely to win an electorate somewhere?

Stuff's poll of polls has Greens on 6.7%. One's Colmar brunton has 5%. I wouldn't worry, the Greens are still climbing back up.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

slinkimalinki posted:

Stuff's poll of polls has Greens on 6.7%. One's Colmar brunton has 5%. I wouldn't worry, the Greens are still climbing back up.

Yeah, they'll probably end up with around 8%. It would've been hard to retain their vote share of around 15% with a surging Labour, and it looks like the opposition is now eating into National's support.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

do the Germans have a word for metiria tureis emotional state right now?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Das Gespent des Kommunismus

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So would it be worth watching the stuff debate for entertainment value?

also looking forward to tonight's debate between James Shaw, whichever Maori leader it is, an independent Epsom MP and Peter dunne's political corpse. Should be informative for all the undecided people who've narrowed their options down to those 4.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I just got my Meteria billboard for Te Tai Tonga, woop!

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I am still so very salty over Meteria's treatment and current situation.

I hope that like she gets a seat and continues her political career and ends up doing whatever it is she wants in life.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

xiw posted:

Metiria Turei sign

You are good people.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The herald has a thing up where you can see poll results for each electorate.

http://insights.nzherald.co.nz/article/2017-election-forecast/

Te Tai Tokerau is really close, Ginny Andersen is solidly ahead in Hutt South, and a massive margin of error for David Seymour in Epsom - enough so that David Parker is within the margin of error of a win.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm the 13% of Green voters in Epsom not voting for Parker so they can keep the smugshit randchild as their MP.

e: also despite the te tai tokerau poll prob not representing what will happen at all, I'm gonna vote Mana now.

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 8, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I'm the 13% of Green voters in Epsom not voting for Parker so they can keep the smugshit randchild as their MP.

This frustrates me no end, how can people not understand this.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

El Pollo Blanco posted:

e: also despite the te tai tokerau poll prob not representing what will happen at all, I'm gonna vote Mana now.

Even after the whole chinese drug dealer thing?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2017/06/execute-chinese-drug-dealers-harawira.html

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Don't vote for TOP cause gareth morgan is a piece of poo poo but vote mana despite harawera being a piece of poo poo.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Vote green b/c Golriz is good

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
I've got over my pleurisy so I'll be out doorknocking for the greens on Saturday. Very much hoping Metiria gets te tai Tonga but it's a long shot.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Vote Green because if you don't it'll significantly increase the chance of Winston being in parliament.

Also, Golriz is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If you don't want Winston in power your only option is voting for National.

• Locked thread