Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrNutt posted:

Man where do y'all find these people? Anytime I pubbie queue I get teammates who have the urge to stand on ALL the circles. It might even be worse now that Shaxx gets excited and calls it a power play.

I just had a team who didn't understand what teams were and shot at anything that moves.

I'm trying to answer your call to arms here Shaxx, I really am, but I can only do so much. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Hit 273 tonnight. Got a whole mess of legendaries and a few exotics already.

Are you still getting regular drops above 260? Trying to find where the raid plateau is

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

I keep seeing people say how they've gone forever without a sparrow at endgame. Does everyone not get a free one as part of their Congrats On Beating The Campaign social space victory lap?

No idea. Every one of my spies say yes. You can also get then before by other means (evenverse).

When you get the blade that comes with the deluxe digital edition?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

It's really bad

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hello is Warlock fun and cool in this here Destiny 2? I'm probably waiting for the PC release before I jump in but Warlock is my poo poo and the whole Healing Rift thing seems very very good and cool.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well I've learned my lesson about solo queuing I guess. We had a great match of Supremacy we probably would have won if I weren't the only one getting the loving crests. Like, can they just not read? It says in huge rear end letters "RECOVER". What do pubbies think they're supposed to actually do with that?

Oh well. I'm still doing great personally, so that's a plus.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Game is good. Story was actually alright. You're a space Marine with the odd power every 10 minutes.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Spiv posted:

Game is good. Story was actually alright. You're a space Marine with the odd power every 10 minutes.

avoiding story spoilers cause the game is good, just chiming in that indeed, game is good and fun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Can we all agree that dragging your dead no-light rear end for 10 minutes was really not needed at the beginning of the game

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?

moist turtleneck posted:

Can we all agree that dragging your dead no-light rear end for 10 minutes was really not needed at the beginning of the game

But that music...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ghaul is basically the antagonist of The Incredibles. He was, surprisingly, the thing I liked least about D2 in going through the campaign. Everything else has been really fun though. I got a nice high impact scout rifle with explosive rounds from zavala and it carried me through the last third of the game.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Just requested to join the Bone Krew, so I can be culled from the list in a few months

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

moist turtleneck posted:

That's part of the good ole fashion abilitease man. You get to be super badass for half an hour until tragedy strikes and all your poo poo gets taken away. It's a videogame trope as old as time.

But yeah, punching all those dumb dogs to death really sucked. We get it. Times are tough and things are bad. Now let me play with my super-powered space action figure.

I'm sure that some nerd at Bungie will tell you it's about "trying to make the player feel stuff" or some bullshit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shaders are finite-use now? That sucks.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Reddit is losing its poo poo over the shader thing lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

that beginning mission in the mountain rules. I was high as poo poo punching dogs in the face while epic music plays

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do I turn in Call to Arms? It's at 100%.

Javes posted:

Reddit is losing its poo poo over the shader thing lol

lol

e: Oh its bugged, it's 100% plus one more game.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 7, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh no not 10 minutes. Unless you made and played all three of your characters through that one after the other I don't understand how that could annoy you so much.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well now that I turned that in I think I'm not doing Crucible with less than four people ever again. Every game I had a k/d of 1.5 to 4, except one game had two to three times the captures, recoveries, etc. Only won once. :argh:

Are heavy machine guns like Thunderlord still a thing? I miss it.

e: My reward was a second Actium plate, gently caress. Well I can break the old one down for shards I guess. No reason to infuse it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 7, 2017

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I love the new public events in this game. The first one I did was the Heroic Walker Tank event. After you get the rocket launchers, another Walker Tank shows up. Two tanks and a ton of adds is good time with rockets.

Oh and the Servitor teleporting you up into the air is the best. So many dead pubbies. :allears:

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I got a Vigilance Wing exotic is it any good for pvp? It looks like I'm holding a mummy's tomb which is pretty dope but I have no idea if it's actually good (?????)

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you had scarab in D1

This is just the best.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
"I tell everyone you're my favorite guardian. Who cares, you fight like an animal!"
Oh Shaxx :allears:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm talking about in the city when you literally just limp (and doing an emote or sprint works for 0.1 seconds before cancelling out)

Also yeah the mountain part sucked because it gave me a sidearm and those have notoriously bad aim in my hands

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

moist turtleneck posted:

Idk, it was a pretty good "well now we are hosed" moment to set the scene. Obviously you get it back, but thematically it was pretty cool.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So the exotics you get in the early game - just hold on and boost later, eh? Or does D2 have the vault thing where you can just buy a near max level one for later?

Also, my Louis is a bit of a spaz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNsggu0hlzw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love my big flaming sword angel warlock but I also am real into my captain america robot lady. There's too much good poo poo here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sexpig by night posted:

I love my big flaming sword angel warlock but I also am real into my captain america robot lady. There's too much good poo poo here.

I can't decide if I like STARS AND STRIPES or HULK SMASH more. :allears:

I do know that I like every other melee more than shoulder charge (rip shoulder charge) and the only reason I'm keeping in that one code is for the double lightning grenades, which are still awesome and still getting stuck on the weirdest drat geometry.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What level is good for nf? It sounds pretty tough with the timer mod

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ularg posted:

Oh no not 10 minutes. Unless you made and played all three of your characters through that one after the other I don't understand how that could annoy you so much.

lol gamers have terrible attention spans and complain about anything are you new to this?

Now excuse me I have to bitch about cutscenes more

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Bungie, you magnificent bastards! You've outdone yourselves. Barely an hour into the new game, and this 32 year old grown man has already got teary-eyed twice. Not even ashamed to admit it. Everything from the Veteran intro screens to the second mission and it's soundtrack - it already left a bigger emotional impact than Destiny 1 has ever managed to do in my 3 years playing it.

Kudos, Bungie! Destiny 2 is looking to be the game you've always wanted to make, and I can't wait to sink countless more hours into it!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It would have made more sense for the character to walk that slow because he was holding back a dump until he found a working toilet

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Last night my buddy and I were fighting in a public event, and I was extremely close to death. He said, "come heal up, I put a rift down!" So I shade stepped into it and thought, "oh god gently caress yeah I love team synergy."

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bungie, you magnificent bastards! You've outdone yourselves. Barely an hour into the new game, and this 32 year old grown man has already got teary-eyed twice. Not even ashamed to admit it. Everything from the Veteran intro screens to the second mission and it's soundtrack - it already left a bigger emotional impact than Destiny 1 has ever managed to do in my 3 years playing it.

Kudos, Bungie! Destiny 2 is looking to be the game you've always wanted to make, and I can't wait to sink countless more hours into it!

/reddit

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Being thrown from an aircraft: no big deal?"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

It would have made more sense for the character to walk that slow because he was holding back a dump until he found a working toilet

That's a good thought, I will use that when roleplaying through with my second and third characters

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Yeah I also posted it there, what of it?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
You didn't give me credit

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Where is the PGS thread or are we only doing discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ularg posted:

Non-legendary scout rifles are so loving garbage.

Fare thee well is a loving awesome green scout rifle. It has my heart.