Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Keenan Allen is sawft

(He's going to score like 300 pts this year because I didn't draft him anywhere after being burned two years in a row)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Keenan Allen is sawft

(He's going to score like 300 pts this year because I didn't draft him anywhere after being burned two years in a row)

Right there with you. His best games will only be against us of course :neckbeard::neckbeard:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Just drafted in a 10-team 1ppr league with one W/R/T flex and one W/R flex. Always hard to evaluate and I had to pick 10th.

QB: Matt Stafford
RBs: Freeman, Crowell, Abdullah, Rawls, J. White
WR: Nelson, Hopkins, Sanders, Landry, Britt, Davis
TE: Eifert

My RB depth isn't the best but I only need to start two each week and my starters are solid.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

10 person league, 1PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX

QB: Russell Wilson
RBs: McCoy, Cook, Abdullah, T. Coleman, Martin
WRs: Bryant, Fitzgerald, A. Robinson, J. Matthews, C. Coleman, J. Brown, Snead
TE: Gronk

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

I know this is pretty vague, but in which rounds would you target Rodgers, Brady and Brees in this league?:

1 point per completion
-1 point per incomplete pass
4 pt passing TDs
1 ppr (other skill players)
12-teamer
Passing yardage bonuses

I have the 2nd pick so I'm thinking any of those still available by 4/5 turn would be worth grabbing.

I'm curious what the top few QBs season scores were? Feels like there's a tension between completion percentage and raw attempts, so that Brees has gotta be QB1 by quite a ways, but I'm not sure if my intuition is correct.

Uhh, drat, my intuition is not correct. Compared to a league with no completion effect, Brees (70% completion, 673 attempts) would've been roughly +169 points last season, Rodgers (65% completion, 610 attempts) would've been roughly +192, Luck (63.5% completion, 545 attempts) at +147, Bortles (59% completion, 625 attempts) would've been +111. Hmm. Regardless, spreads out the possible value differences between QBs a lot: drafting Rodgers instead of Luck would've netted you an additional ~3 ppg advantage, above and beyond more typical leagues.

Alfalfa posted:

Maybe Ben and Diggs for OBJ? Depends on how much steel he truly loves thrust upon him.

That'd be a quick way to end negotiations!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Brownhat posted:

10 person league, 1PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX

QB: Russell Wilson
RBs: McCoy, Cook, Abdullah, T. Coleman, Martin
WRs: Bryant, Fitzgerald, A. Robinson, J. Matthews, C. Coleman, J. Brown, Snead
TE: Gronk

I would be concerned about your WRs in a 10-team league. If I had drafted Gronk early I would have waited on a QB and grabbed another WR instead of Wilson.

Tiffany
May 29, 2013

I really need a better back up QB because week 8 is going to be brutal.

I'm trying to pick up Winston by dumping J. Rodgers with a waiver and hopefully I can find someone dumb enough to take Mariota in exchange for a half decent RB. My RBs are abysmal with the exception of Murray.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
how many teams what is the format you dont need two defenses you dont need a backup qb paul perkins is hot garbage you dont need a backup te either

Tiffany
May 29, 2013

Spoeank posted:

how many teams what is the format you dont need two defenses you dont need a backup qb paul perkins is hot garbage you dont need a backup te either

14 teams

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Very good except for one massive hole for 14 teams.

I'd move Mariota for any sort of viable RB2. Your RB2s are:

Bad and in a committee (Paul Perkins)
Just okay and in a committee (Terrance West)
A backup in a few weeks (Jacquizz Rodgers)

It's entirely possible you have one startable RB that's currently on your roster in mid-October.

I hope your plan is to ditch Pittsburgh after the Cleveland game because 2 defenses is really not necessary.

It's a solid B that will need some good in-season management.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Is Willie Snead worth a waiver pick up? 1 PPR (No waiver limits)

I would have to drop 1 guy and I have no prob waiting out the suspension it is all bench depth.

WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - DeVante Parker
WR - Tyrell Williams

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 7, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Crap. This morning I went to pick up Mason Crosby and drop Graham Gano and accidentally dropped Dalvin Cook due to fat fingers. Apparently the NFL.com mobile app doesn't have a confirmation screen. :argh:

As soon as my new roster came up and I realized my mistake, I immediately emailed the entire group and the commish asking for a reversal as well as posting a note under the league transaction page. I hope they don't balk.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

After some negotiation, I was offered this trade in my Dynasty salary cap league.

I give: Luck($12), Hopkins($24), Alfred Morris ($1), and James Conner($2)
I get: LeVeon Bell($59)

There's a $250 salary cap, player salaries increase by 10% or $1 per year (whichever is higher)
Starting slots: QB/2WR/2RB/TE/3FLEX(wr/rb/te)

This is a "mash accept" offer right? The only downside is it leaves me with only Manning and Rivers as my QB's in a dynasty league, but I can figure that out down the road.

Here's my team:

QB: Luck($12), Rivers($1), Manning($1)
RB: Anderson($10), Ingram($10), Montgomery($9), Duke Johnson($5), Jonathan Stewart($2), Burkhead($3), Conner($2), Bernard($1), Dion Lewis($1), Alfred Morris($1), Carson($1)
WR: Cooper($28), Hopkins($24), D Thomas($19), Jeffrey($19), Crabtree($15), Kelvin Benjamin($9), Shepard($3), Anderson($2), Beasley($1)
TE: Kelce($19), Henry ($2)

Definite yes, right?

Edit: Bell is listed as "exempt", he is still playing this week though right? Steelers just need to decide who to drop prior to the game?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 7, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

Crap. This morning I went to pick up Mason Crosby and drop Graham Gano and accidentally dropped Dalvin Cook due to fat fingers. Apparently the NFL.com mobile app doesn't have a confirmation screen. :argh:

As soon as my new roster came up and I realized my mistake, I immediately emailed the entire group and the commish asking for a reversal as well as posting a note under the league transaction page. I hope they don't balk.

If they do then gently caress that league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
1 PPR league

Just got offered Melvin Gordon + J.Stew for my Demarco Murray + Stefon Diggs

Rest of my team.

Probably no right? Not sure if Gordon is that big of an upgrade to lose my WR depth and J.Stew wouldn't start over Powell or Ingram in 1 ppr either?

Also a keeper league and Diggs would have a 7th round value next year if i kept him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

1 PPR league

Just got offered Melvin Gordon + J.Stew for my Demarco Murray + Stefon Diggs

Rest of my team.

Probably no right? Not sure if Gordon is that big of an upgrade to lose my WR depth and J.Stew wouldn't start over Powell or Ingram in 1 ppr either?

Also a keeper league and Diggs would have a 7th round value next year if i kept him.

Nope. I wouldn't do that. Your team is loving stacked and I'd rather have the depth given how good your RBs are.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm curious what the top few QBs season scores were? Feels like there's a tension between completion percentage and raw attempts, so that Brees has gotta be QB1 by quite a ways, but I'm not sure if my intuition is correct.

Uhh, drat, my intuition is not correct. Compared to a league with no completion effect, Brees (70% completion, 673 attempts) would've been roughly +169 points last season, Rodgers (65% completion, 610 attempts) would've been roughly +192, Luck (63.5% completion, 545 attempts) at +147, Bortles (59% completion, 625 attempts) would've been +111. Hmm. Regardless, spreads out the possible value differences between QBs a lot: drafting Rodgers instead of Luck would've netted you an additional ~3 ppg advantage, above and beyond more typical leagues.

In 2016, these were the top players in that league:

Brees: 599.3 points, 37.5 ppg
Rodgers: 546 points, 34.1 ppg
Ryan: 541.5 points, 33.8 ppg
Cousins: 506.3, 31.6 ppg
Stafford
Prescott
Bradford
Luck: 427.7, 23.5 ppg
Flacco
Carr
David Johnson 415.8 points, 26 ppg
Brady: 415.6 points, 26 ppg

Massive dump off between Brees and Rodgers but even that wasn't enough for me to make it to the Super Bowl.

I remember finding a 1point per completion Beersheet from last season that had Brees as the #1 QB last season. Last year I drafted Brees in the 6th: Julio, Keenan ;_;, Jamaal Charles ;_;, Olsen (sucked 2nd half), Gio ;_;, Brees.

My starters this season (1ppr):

QB: Brady
RB: LVB
RB: Bilal
WR: Dez
WR: Tate
Flex: Abdullah

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

After some negotiation, I was offered this trade in my Dynasty salary cap league.

I give: Luck($12), Hopkins($24), Alfred Morris ($1), and James Conner($2)
I get: LeVeon Bell($59)

There's a $250 salary cap, player salaries increase by 10% or $1 per year (whichever is higher)
Starting slots: QB/2WR/2RB/TE/3FLEX(wr/rb/te)

This is a "mash accept" offer right? The only downside is it leaves me with only Manning and Rivers as my QB's in a dynasty league, but I can figure that out down the road.

Here's my team:

QB: Luck($12), Rivers($1), Manning($1)
RB: Anderson($10), Ingram($10), Montgomery($9), Duke Johnson($5), Jonathan Stewart($2), Burkhead($3), Conner($2), Bernard($1), Dion Lewis($1), Alfred Morris($1), Carson($1)
WR: Cooper($28), Hopkins($24), D Thomas($19), Jeffrey($19), Crabtree($15), Kelvin Benjamin($9), Shepard($3), Anderson($2), Beasley($1)
TE: Kelce($19), Henry ($2)

Definite yes, right?

Edit: Bell is listed as "exempt", he is still playing this week though right? Steelers just need to decide who to drop prior to the game?

Yes and yes

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

Big money draft. 12 teams, 2RB/2WR/2FLX, 0.5 PPR, 1 point per 50 return yards. Thoughts/draft grade?

QB: Wilson ($9)
RB: Bell ($80), Mixon ($14), Powell ($12), Gore ($6), Riddick ($4), Burkhead ($2)
WR: Crabtree ($17), Fitzgerald ($16), Crowder ($9), Garcon ($8), Moncrief ($2)
TE: Olsen ($16)

Didn't mean to get Mixon, but got caught bidding a bot up when the owner reconnected. Whoops. Still think he's a high upside pick though, and I have Powell and Gore to start early in the season. Would have liked a better WR1 than Crabtree, but everyone was overspending on them and I didn't have much cash after getting Bell.

Self-quoting to see what people think of this one.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Doing an auction draft and my friends are idiots. We made the switch to auction a few years back which rules, but the first year they all elected the best players for auction first. They didn't spend enough money so I ended up with 3 of the top 5 RBs.

Ever since everybody recommends garbage players first hoping everyone else overbids so that they, the savvy investor, will get the best players for cheap!!!

Of course the end result is the draft takes a bajillion times longer than it should.

The order in which the players are nominated shouldn't change how long the auction takes. Unless... wait you make people bid $1 when they nominate a player, right? So if they nominate a garbage player everyone just passes and the nominator gets a garbage player for $1

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

The order in which the players are nominated shouldn't change how long the auction takes. Unless... wait you make people bid $1 when they nominate a player, right? So if they nominate a garbage player everyone just passes and the nominator gets a garbage player for $1

Well, guys that'd go at the end automatically for $1 may wind up going for 2 or 3 and that'd make each of those dudes take several times longer to draft.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Beer you can probably shed some light on this.

Earlier someone else asked about Rob Kelley and why he seems to be so underrated as for as ADP and I agree as I have him in every league and got him 10th round or later and now looking at projections Im seeing him as low as RB28 which seems absolutely ridiculous. Whats going on in DC? Is he not still the starter? Perine wasnt all that impressive and Kelley looked fine in preseason

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

My fantasy league consolidated to 8 teams (It's .5 PPR with 2 Flex, no kickers).

Is there anything I should be especially wary of in drafting for a league where there will be so much talent to go around? I'm used to bigger leagues where talent thins out quickly.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Call me crazy but Kevin White is basically free now (ADP ~150) and that seems bananas for the amount of volume he could be getting. He's probably a coin flip for getting hurt again, but the other side of that coin is WR2 soooooo...

Like there are drafts where O.J. Howard is going ahead of White.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tadashi posted:

My fantasy league consolidated to 8 teams (It's .5 PPR with 2 Flex, no kickers).

Is there anything I should be especially wary of in drafting for a league where there will be so much talent to go around? I'm used to bigger leagues where talent thins out quickly.

Not really. 8 man leagues are terrible though so I'd really push to get another 2 people.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

the_american_dream posted:

Earlier someone else asked about Rob Kelley and why he seems to be so underrated as for as ADP and I agree as I have him in every league and got him 10th round or later and now looking at projections Im seeing him as low as RB28 which seems absolutely ridiculous. Whats going on in DC? Is he not still the starter? Perine wasnt all that impressive and Kelley looked fine in preseason

My personal opinion is that he never really seemed locked in as the starter. He's a 2 down back, with Thompson pretty firmly entrenched as the pass catcher. He's not a special player, and they drafted a promising rookie behind him. I think he's better than when he's valued, especially given Perine's struggles in the preseason. On the other hand, I wouldn't be too surprised if he's not playable by midseason.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RCarr posted:

Not really. 8 man leagues are terrible though so I'd really push to get another 2 people.

I agree. The consensus was better to play with 8 dedicated people than play with 10 where we'd have 2 stragglers. I just feel like it makes every pick matter that much more. It's still a 16 man roster but with only 128 picks instead of 160 and it messes up the standard tiers for player values.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd say it has the opposite effect. Each pick matters less because there's that much more talent to go around, much better quality on the waiver wire all season, etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the_american_dream posted:

The "narrative" (for lack of a better term) is that Kelley isn't anything particularly special. Perine wasn't that impressive, but neither was the rest of Washington's offense and personally I've done my best to avoid the whole thing. The whole team is in a bit of a funk with how Cousins is expected to leave this year, the front office remains a joke, and Gruden has maintained the perception of not being a particularly tough coach when it comes to getting the team ready for the season. I expect them to fall flat for the first few weeks, and then depending on how things work out they might either turn things around or utterly collapse.

He's a good value pick, but I don't have a lot of long term optimism for him (or anyone else on the team).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Just drafted in a 10-team 1ppr league with one W/R/T flex and one W/R flex. Always hard to evaluate and I had to pick 10th.

QB: Matt Stafford
RBs: Freeman, Crowell, Abdullah, Rawls, J. White
WR: Nelson, Hopkins, Sanders, Landry, Britt, Davis

My RB depth isn't the best but I only need to start two each week and my starters are solid.

Bumping because I am terrible at evaluating a 10-team league.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Forever_Peace posted:

Call me crazy but Kevin White is basically free now (ADP ~150) and that seems bananas for the amount of volume he could be getting. He's probably a coin flip for getting hurt again, but the other side of that coin is WR2 soooooo...

Like there are drafts where O.J. Howard is going ahead of White.

seems no fantasy site fixed where his rank should be before draft time, he's at the end of the draft board everywhere and people just forget about him

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

I'm currently starting Dalton in two of my leagues (the only QB on my roster). Bradford or Smith wouldn't be an upgrade, would they? One league is 4 PPTD, the other is 6.

I like the rest of my team, but I'm getting worried about QB.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

big fork small knife posted:

I'm currently starting Dalton in two of my leagues (the only QB on my roster). Bradford or Smith wouldn't be an upgrade, would they? One league is 4 PPTD, the other is 6.

I like the rest of my team, but I'm getting worried about QB.

No, Dalton definitely better than both long term. Bradford week 1 vs NO is probably marginally better than Dalton vs Baltimore, but not nearly by enough to bother rostering both or swapping them.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'd start Bradford over Dalton this week. Long-term, who knows. You can actually make an OK committee out of these low-owned QB2s for the first month::

Week 1: Bradford vs. NO
Week 2: Eli vs. Det
Week 3: Dalton @ GB
Week 4: Bradford vs. Det

That will be harder once byes start though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A guy offered me Maclin, Watkins, and Prosise for Doug Martin and DeAndre Hopkins and I was like pssh no but the more I think about it I feel like Hopkins and Watkins are in near similar situations. I'm still not going to do the trade but drat I'm not sure about Hopkins this year.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I feel the same way and that's why I traded him. I've been hearing "he's prime for bounceback season!" a lot but I just can't see it. The ceiling is kind of low.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I dunno guys, we really can't forget that last year he was being thrown to by maybe the worst starting QB of the last decade. Hopkins put up crazy numbers the year he had Hoyer, Mallett, Yates, and Cassel throwing to him so there is every reason to believe that as long as loving Brock isn't throwing to him, he will be fine.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Don't think he'll be sniffing 192 targets. I think expecting 1100 and 7 is fair if not a little on the generous side and even that puts him below his ADP/price tag.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I was asked for a literal "Fantasy Football for Dummies" guide for some coworkers who are playing for the first time, any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Its Miller Time posted:

I was asked for a literal "Fantasy Football for Dummies" guide for some coworkers who are playing for the first time, any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Football-Dummies-Martin-Signore/dp/0470125071

• Locked thread