Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I liked the whole intro section. It was cool to see the City up close for once while limping away from it. Really builds up Ghaul as a credible threat. The mountain part was less interesting, but lovely guns and no powers does make it more tense.

Whoever said that the New Pacific Arcology was really good looking wasn't kidding. I had to stop and admire that place on my way through, it was very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I snapped up the Nightshade from Zavala as it was my favorite kinetic gun in the beta and it didn't disappoint. How are the other two guns he offered? I think the auto was called Origin Story but I can't remember the name of scout rifle.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

I snapped up the Nightshade from Zavala as it was my favorite kinetic gun in the beta and it didn't disappoint. How are the other two guns he offered? I think the auto was called Origin Story but I can't remember the name of scout rifle.

The scout rifle is loving great.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Someone asked in discord but no one answered, what do the white icons on the patrol maps mean? I'm standing on a cross one according to it but there's nothing in the area.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh hell yeah just got into the game, look it's my first public event. LETS DO THIS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXS-gugkSm8

aww man. :smith:

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone asked in discord but no one answered, what do the white icons on the patrol maps mean? I'm standing on a cross one according to it but there's nothing in the area.

I think that one refers to a region chest. There are also icons for lost sectors, which go dark after you recover the chest from the sector.

Do these chests and sector chests respawn?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

It would have made more sense for the character to walk that slow because he was holding back a dump until he found a working toilet

Joke's on him Reddit was still open for the whole time.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

HampHamp posted:

I think that one refers to a region chest. There are also icons for lost sectors, which go dark after you recover the chest from the sector.

Do these chests and sector chests respawn?

I did the tutorial one in EDZ a second time right after I dinged 20 before I went to bed last night.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Some Zero posted:

Level up rewards from factions count.

yes, that's literally what I said

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Re: early exotics, rebuying:
Your Vault has a collections section, from which you can re-buy exotics for 10 Legendary Shards. They sell at 205 power.

Edit: I don't know if that needed spoilers, but there ya go.

I feel dumb asking this, but does turning in 5/10 coins at once give you more rep per coin?

Edit 2: ProTip: Everything on your inventory page is shared between characters. Consumables, mods, and shader don't need to be vaulted/moved.

KillTylerDurden fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 7, 2017

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ugh, so I bought a PS4 Pro on Amazon months ago for the GF and I to play together.

The loving carrier 'forgot' the package when it was set to deliver today and now says the packaged as 'refused' when they tried to deliver at 9PM at night. I spoke to them twice yesterday - once at 2PM and again at 8PM. I even told them to call me if it was past 6 as our a office is closed and the second time they said it would be delivered tomorrow.

This morning they say they are returning the item and I will be refunded. I am so loving mad and just want to shoot mans with the GF :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks guys, got the chest.

I also hit level 1 rep in the EDZ but it won't let me get the engram until level 20 lol.

Final Fantasy Football
Oct 3, 2006

Sent request to Biggest Dumbest Space Men as joeyjoeshabadoo

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Yup. I have 22 more edz coins to turn in, but you can't do it till you pick up the engram.

But level 11 at the moment from doing some adventures and tooling around in the EDZ.

The hidden caches, do those drop better stuff as you go up levels?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yo, just wanna say, the zones in D2 are huge. And chock-full of everything to do.

Brb using this Future War Cult membership card to line out some powdered waveforms for snorting:

Destiny 1, Ghost Fragment: Hive 4 posted:

Transcribed from a stolen copy of the journals of Toland, the Shattered (unverified by any crypto-archeologist)

If your Light is strong enough to hear across the soundless plains, you may have heard their screams.

What may seem like a void between their shrieks, holds, what I believe to be yet another clue to their origins. In one tone the Hive plea to their gods, but in the next, they whisper to another.
Perhaps it is here which holds the answer to their ultimate demise, or a bridge to their desires. In my studies, I still struggle to match the tones to their rune system. If only Crytparch Adonna were still with us. No one has yet to match her adept.
Four sounds, oft repeated, but only four. Though I am on the trail of a fifth, faintly heard from the buzz that once spilled from the Shrine—

Eir.
Ur.
Xol.
Yul.

It is in these sounds that I fear yet another Hive secret hides. Perhaps beyond their gods, perhaps in accord with them. Perhaps these are just Hive translations of worlds we call another name, but I believe above all things they call to some kind of being. Beings that once lived, or still live somewhere buried amongst us. Beings the Hive perhaps owe their very existence to.

I am hoping the Warminds may hold further answers—that they can see into worlds where we can only see what lies upon them. The treasure of knowledge they promise still remains the most sought after of any Guardian. Whoever can find a way past their firewalls of ancient arts, and make them the allies they once were, could spare us further atrocities. And though Rasputin offers some promise, one can only hope its silence is self-defense, that it seeks only to preserve itself. We have to prove to it that we are on its side, but I am starting to doubt that is absolutely true. That maybe the Hive or the Darkness itself now have a grasp on his systems.

But then again, I am an old man with many fears, and in those fears , often called madness, I will continue to dwell.

Call me crazy, but I assume there's a hidden gun around here somewhere.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of which is Rasputin involved in the plot at all? A y/n will do.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Nah

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Two questions that I'm too stupid/lazy/annoying to read the thread to find answers for:

A.) Is this worth buying if you got bored with Destiny a little after TTK dropped?

B.) Can I wrap things up in Destiny 1, excepting the Raids, and then see the stuff I did in the Destiny 2 character intro? i.e. - I have yet to beat the TTK expansion. If I play through it now will it show up in that intro?

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 7, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

RBA Starblade posted:

Rasputin's getting a whole expansion at some point or something

Huzanko posted:

Two questions that I'm too stupid/lazy/annoying to read the thread to find answers for:

A.) Is this worth buying if you got bored with Destiny a little after TTK dropped?

B.) Can I wrap things up in Destiny 1, excepting the Raids, and then see the stuff I did in the Destiny 2 character intro? i.e. - I have yet to beat the TTK expansion. If I play through it now will it show up in that intro?

a) Holy poo poo yes, especially if you felt "bored" by D1 at any point you will be pleasantly surprised
b) I think the Moments of Triumph thing is over now. I don't know that you can complete the Destiny 1 content and still have it give you a Veteran Video. Its worth testing if you want to throw the time and effort at it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Huzanko posted:

It will show a screen with pictures of the activities you did, and will show the names of you and the first fireteam you ever completed them with. It's based on your account so even if you don't carry D1 characters over, you'll still see it

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I might be bad at console shooters but also this game is kinda hard? I almost died a few times in the beginning levels.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Waffle House posted:

The second D2 expansion has his logo on the promo materials, so I assume that's the one. And I'll be shocked if it's not set in the Cosmodrome

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually th best scout rifle is Call To Serve because it looks like the rifle used by Delta Force Operator Jamie Lannister's partner in Black Hawk Down

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Holy poo poo do I suck at PVP in this game. :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Popete posted:

I might be bad at console shooters but also this game is kinda hard? I almost died a few times in the beginning levels.

The game is a lot of brinkmanship in terms of health, so don't feel bad if its rough until you get used to the flow of things.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Vatek posted:

Holy poo poo do I suck at PVP in this game. :smith:

The trick is you gotta shoot the other team with your gun. Preferably in the head.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Long answer: they mention him a few times but he's not a major factor of any kind, my guess is they're saving focus for the warmind expansion

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Waffle House posted:

a) Holy poo poo yes, especially if you felt "bored" by D1 at any point you will be pleasantly surprised
b) I think the Moments of Triumph thing is over now. I don't know that you can complete the Destiny 1 content and still have it give you a Veteran Video. Its worth testing if you want to throw the time and effort at it.

I did all the Moments of Triumph before TTK dropped. Was wondering if post-TTK content would still show in the intro even if I completed it now.

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to run through TTK and see if I feel the itch to buy Destiny 2.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Applied to the newest PSN clan as broskiballa!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

The trick is you gotta shoot the other team with your gun. Preferably in the head.

Also never ever jump, jumping is extremely floaty in this game and makes you a predictable easy target.

Dodge class skills are useless for the same reason.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am reading a book about how to give no-answers in gamer forums. Is a good book, seriously.

Huzanko posted:

TTK was the best Destiny had to offer. You are setting a high mark here.

Popete posted:

Nothing in the game is hard, except the raid. Everything in the game can feel hard if you approach it when you are underleveled, so you are one shotted by the first mobs that melee you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How long is the raid, since apparently people have already done it? I don't have the time to play I used to have. Still one to two hours? Are there checkpoints like the Oryx one?

xzzy posted:

Also never ever jump, jumping is extremely floaty in this game and makes you a predictable easy target.

Dodge class skills are useless for the same reason.

Yeah, I noticed pretty quickly that I get gunned down immediately if I jump at any time except when they're right on top of me to start with. Strafe and catapult jumps feel really off to me on a Titan now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 7, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The hardest part of the early game for me was rolling a warlock for the first time and trying to get a hang of the weird rear end float-jump. It's easy when you realize that it's a momentum preservation mechanic and not a double jump, but still.

I died more to falling off cliffs than anything else.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Huzanko posted:

I did all the Moments of Triumph before TTK dropped. Was wondering if post-TTK content would still show in the intro even if I completed it now.

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to run through TTK and see if I feel the itch to buy Destiny 2.

Guess what? They did Moments of Triumph for Year 3, too! :D

I think you'll like it. Join the Discord, I and many others still love playing D1:

https://discord.gg/wz5rNqJ

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Huzanko posted:

If you played D1 AT ALL you need to beat TTK and RoI to unlock D2 on your account. Otherwise just create a brand new account and you can play D2 immediately.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New Pro Strat:

1. Get the subclass kill tracker emblem for a stupid subclass you will never play

2. Play it enough to get a number of kills that correspond to a funny number like 69, 420 or combination of funny numbers like 42069

3. Stop playing that subclass

4. Play a good subclass but have the other subclass's kill tracker emblem equipped

5. Congrats you now have an emblem that always says 42069 or 9001 or whatever

Copyright Rasheed 2017 u can use this but you gotta attribute

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

RBA Starblade posted:

How long is the raid, since apparently people have already done it? I don't have the time to play I used to have. Still one to two hours? Are there checkpoints like the Oryx one?

Yeah, I noticed pretty quickly that I get gunned down immediately if I jump at any time except when they're right on top of me to start with. Strafe and catapult jumps feel really off to me on a Titan now.

Guess it's time for this again:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Q3FizxJUM

But please stay on the ground, we all thank you

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I loving love scout rifles!! I hope the Tlaloc makes a come back. I am only level 12 but my kinetic and element are both scouts, the other full auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe
The scout rifle I am infusing now is a real nail driver, I am super in love with it.