Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jade Rider posted:

Yeah, I'm getting the same. You probably just need to generate an invite link to the channel.

https://discord.gg/HJ28BcQ

Does this work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It does.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Yup, in the discord now. Also applied to the clan as JRLinhares.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ariong posted:

Uh, I think.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/LI-11_Motor_Pool_voucher

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Playing West of Loathing made me want to get back into this. Applied as SomeoneAwful.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
The Slime Tube is open for tickles again! The current run isn't going to produce any nodules, but I'm going to do at least one more after this.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The new iotm is 3 faxes a day in standard, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

The new iotm is 3 faxes a day in standard, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or you can wish you were a little bit taller, wish you were a baller, wish you had a rabbit in a hat....

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

at least two items; wishing for ponies and wishing for more wishes nets you items. the wishes sell for a bundle on the market, at least for now.

here's a community spreadsheet, be sure to poo poo it up and ruin it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f_JXff6TCS0vgvMcoCv6yngFC7phi-Z46o8csevLdZk/edit#gid=0

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

if it works by dbz rules try wishing for a pair of panties

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

sfwarlock posted:

Or you can wish you were a little bit taller, wish you were a baller, wish you had a rabbit in a hat....

But do you actually get a rabbit in a hat with a bat for a familiar

If not, then...goddamn

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It gives you a buff that has the word you use in the description so if there are unique or first order words in like vicks vap o rub, cyclops eyedrops, any of the top tier stat effects etc. that could be very good, theres probably some other random secret crap. But baseline zero effort: it means you don't need chateau to do the desk skip, which is huge, it means you can go KGE with zero effort, you get so many faxes you can hook onto a lot of stuff... if you have source terminal but not witchess you can fax a bishop etc.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah this item is nuts lol. And I bet there's some cool secret stuff still

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So for those who haven't played in a long time and are just catching up, what's up with faxes? All I can think of is a tie-in to the Portal 2 launch and I bet that's not it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Jet Jaguar posted:

So for those who haven't played in a long time and are just catching up, what's up with faxes? All I can think of is a tie-in to the Portal 2 launch and I bet that's not it.

you get to fight any monster marked as copyable (ie, almost every non-boss monster)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Since a level 100 can generate 50k meat off a pocket wish, does that mean that bare minimum you can generate 150k meat a day from your genie

Or is there a cap on how many pocket wishes you can use

Either way this iotm seems absolutely incredible

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

So I'm about to finish my ascension, should I go ahead and start a new one or should I dick around for a few days in aftercore and hope that Jick got his poo poo together for this world event everyone keeps talking about?

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

goferchan posted:

Yeah this item is nuts lol. And I bet there's some cool secret stuff still

So far the best is "blessed rustproof +2 gray dragon scale mail."

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I found the problem with this item: I did the desk skip but I'd been farming bookbats with my turns after runs because I can double banish and get 400% items so its straight up zero effort 2900-ish mpa.... went to do it this time.... the library.... is.... locked.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love playing the game in hardcore mode, but I had to drop Live, Ascend, Repeat yesterday. Even using a guide, I would get stuck on the same quest for days and it was killing it for me. Still a cool idea for the people who've broken the game inside and out.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

what's the bare minimum item% you need to clear it. I'm assuming that it's basically item drops that makes you get hung up on that run at least, since there's a few pretty high item% you need for some quests. unless I'm misunderstanding how item drop works in that path

Minera fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 5, 2017

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Most of the "required" quest drops are 30%, so it's actually ridiculously easier to cap them than it is normally (67% rather than 234%).

If you wanna do stuff like the filthworms to speed up the war though, that's insanely trickier.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't having a ton of trouble with the mainline story quests, but there was stuff like getting the necessary drops to get through the "fun" house that were an enormous pain in the rear end.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Uh, that definitely seems like a "stop hitting yourself" moment.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
WoL brought me back, I stopped playing about 2008 or so.

I've been going in and cooking what I can, upgrading burritos and making some epic noodle dishes (I only have pastamastery permd so it's limited to fusilli marrownarrow and agnolotti arboli or whatever else I can cook up). I think I'm going to do sauceror next after this Ascension so I can make better foods.

Thanks for upping my stash access.

Also if anyone wants one of those blessed platemails send me a kol mail ... This is my first Ascension since I've been back and I'm taking it slow, so maximizing efficiency of wishes isn't my thing right now.

I'm jakemon in game.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Twitch posted:

I wasn't having a ton of trouble with the mainline story quests, but there was stuff like getting the necessary drops to get through the "fun" house that were an enormous pain in the rear end.
what kind of a madman does the nemesis quest in a challenge path

is it you? is you this? https://www.reddit.com/r/kol/comments/6y9e03/live_ascend_repeat_stuck_on_the_fun_house/

It would be strange if there were two such madman.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manuel Calavera posted:

An open offer to say, the first 20 people or so.
Send me a Kmail to LucaShoal (#872474), and I'll send you some sweet sweet meat. Assuming you're new and need it. If you're not poor, then you'll get something divine at least.

Quoting this for all the new folk that've come back to the game. Read back for some of the quality kmail I've sent. I'm particularly proud of this one.

Minrad posted:

/\/\/\
|//////|
|//////|
|//////|
|//////|
:vince:

Thanks Luca!

.,|\/\/|
.,|\/\/|
.,|\/\/|
.,|\/\/|
.,|\/\/|__
|(• )(• ) \
|_| || |____|
|__||_____|

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

In the same vein: I've got the new IotM but I don't really need it that bad right now. If you want a few pocket wishes but don't really have the scratch to buy them, message me. My name is Denyas(#3024179) in game. I can only make three a day so you might have to wait a bit.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 7, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

God drat the game has changed so much great hardcore nuns numbers folks

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sivart13 posted:

what kind of a madman does the nemesis quest in a challenge path

is it you? is you this? https://www.reddit.com/r/kol/comments/6y9e03/live_ascend_repeat_stuck_on_the_fun_house/

It would be strange if there were two such madman.

It's not me. Also I didn't have any skills hardcore permed either.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Is there a good script to see approximately how much stuff is worth or at least check your account for old Mr Store/event items that are stupidly expensive? After coming back from a long hiatus I have no idea what's worth anything anymore, and I discovered I had 13418 FDKOL commendations that can be made into about 100m worth of meat in skill books.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

Is there a good script to see approximately how much stuff is worth or at least check your account for old Mr Store/event items that are stupidly expensive? After coming back from a long hiatus I have no idea what's worth anything anymore, and I discovered I had 13418 FDKOL commendations that can be made into about 100m worth of meat in skill books.

Download mafia and use the Item Manager, you can search the general tab and sort it by mallsell value to find your valuable stuff.

Or use a pricegun script (I think networth.ash is my basis).

Or use a pricegun script with price correction based on recent market data (no clue where i found it, but it uses the cfstat script and seems legit).

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

Install CFStat using Mafia's script manager if you haven't already. Then get the script in the last post in this thread: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2628-What-are-you-worth-networth-ash-will-tell-you/page21

It might take a while to catalog everything.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

IMJack posted:

Install CFStat using Mafia's script manager if you haven't already. Then get the script in the last post in this thread: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2628-What-are-you-worth-networth-ash-will-tell-you/page21

It might take a while to catalog everything.

Rad, I will do this when I'm out of HC.
I just got the genie bottle, any recommendation for wishes other than the +2 blessed etc, particularly what monsters to wish for besides LFM and ghost?

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001

Kaboobi posted:

Rad, I will do this when I'm out of HC.
I just got the genie bottle, any recommendation for wishes other than the +2 blessed etc, particularly what monsters to wish for besides LFM and ghost?

Writing desk if you can digitize. KGE for the level 5 quest. Baa'baa'bu'ran. Dirty Thieving Brigand to do the nuns quest early as a frat.

I've also been using it for the Frosty effect when doing Brigands and Tomb rats back to back.

The genie is great!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

jerkstores posted:

Writing desk if you can digitize. KGE for the level 5 quest. Baa'baa'bu'ran. Dirty Thieving Brigand to do the nuns quest early as a frat.

I've also been using it for the Frosty effect when doing Brigands and Tomb rats back to back.

The genie is great!

None of the stuff that allows me to further copy stuff still works in standard :(

Baa'baa'bu'ran will cut a handful of turns off of the temple though, and Frosty seems super useful in a bunch of places, thanks!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The mining semi-rare guy is good if you don't have deck of every card. I mean the one that gives you ore, not the 7 foot dwarf foreman.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I usually end up clovering for ores, personally. But yeah, the mountain man (who was an Avatar of Boris thing) might help if you want to save clovers for other stuff. (Bearing in mind, though, it's better to clover for ores and wish for stats than vice versa)

Even without a copy effect, it might still be worth just burning five wishes on writing desks.

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

I believe the mountain man can't be summoned using the genie, not 100% sure though and out of wishes to test it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You could definitely fax it (it was one of the best fax + copy targets before the spookyraven revamp), so it'd be weird if you couldn't. I haven't tried it personally though.