Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just realized that I should raise a Volcarona and nickname it Dasher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I couldn't find the links for making the favorite Pokemon, so here's an older version of the meme. I included Megas because they are beautiful:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Star Man posted:

I presume that there's some kind of association with moths and fire in Japanese folklore. There's a boss in Mega Man Zero 4 that's a fiery moth.

she's named after Titania aka european queen of the fairies ala shakespheare though so who even knows what's going on there

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I couldn't find the links for making the favorite Pokemon

if only the link were right there on every single picture

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
These are my choices. They are not the objectively correct choices, but they're mine and I like them.

My two biggest regrets were leaving Chandelure and Trubbish off the list, but they juuuuuust barely missed out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wtf @ the lack of chandelure and ludicolo in this thread, y'all suck

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AlphaKretin posted:

I preferred this meme when we drew them by hand, poorly. :colbert:

same, it gives me an excuse to repost my freehand attempts in paint while looking at pics on the wiki

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

IronicDongz posted:

also gengar is a wonderful nasty boy with a big ol nasty smile. other ghost pokemon since then are better conceptually but there has never been as fun of a visual design for a ghost pokemon besides maybe drifblim

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea, still got mine. At least you lot can actually draw. :downs:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sableye also has a really cool way of moving (I love those jittery shudders) and a super cool inspiration in the hopkinsville goblin.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PetraCore posted:

Has anyone else seen Bogleech's review of every pokemon? It's admittedly pretty heavily tilted towards his own personal design aesthetics, but it's really interesting to see him go through what he likes or dislikes about every pokemon, or talk about the basis for each pokemon.

EDIT: I literally didn't realize that Wobbuffet's true body was the 'tail' before reading his review, a fact which forever shames me. Wobbuffet doesn't have a small black tail with eyespots, it has a big bouyant blue tail that also has it's mouth. The brain is in the black body which is why the blue body takes hits so well. :)

http://www.bogleech.com/pokemon/p548petilil.html

Not sure I can groove with this guy, he seems to hate all the Pokemon I like.

Edit: Although he does like Primarina so that's cool.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

It's worth mentioning that as a kid playing Pokémon Yellow (the first one I owned myself, instead of playing my brother's old game or a pirated Red), my gym battle versus Giovanni was basically a mirror match except for my crappy level 15ish Pikachu. Ground types are my jam, and to a lesser degree rock types

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 7, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

http://www.bogleech.com/pokemon/p548petilil.html

Not sure I can groove with this guy, he seems to hate all the Pokemon I like.

Edit: Although he does like Primarina so that's cool.

they somehow missed that drifloon was the ghost of a popped balloon which is sad given all the other origins I'm being educated on

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Sableye is the best pokemon, this I decree

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

financially racist posted:

wtf @ the lack of chandelure and ludicolo in this thread, y'all suck
If it's any consolation, Ludicolo would have got onto a third place board with me.

Chandelure would probably be pipped by Torkoal and Golurk though, sorry. There are too many good Pokemon :shrug:.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 7, 2017

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm already reporting everyone in here who picked Primarina as a furry to be banned

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
These are my good friends

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Willsun posted:

I'm already reporting everyone in here who picked Primarina as a furry to be banned

preferably perma

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Willsun posted:

You pick that and not the absurdly high amounts of Lopunny aka literally a furry playboy bunny with ripped tights.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mega lopunny is cammy

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Someone reminded me on "be strong for mother" Weepinduo, so I checked out the new and improved Pokemon Fusion.

Anything with Mawile in the first slot :allears:

Also there is a lot of new good Doduo combos.

EDIT: Hey there friend, you know what you are? You are

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 7, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I made two charts. One trying to keep things to a single type- which failed slightly when it comes to flying because that type is basically all half-breeds-

And one where dual-types were allowed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could've chosen arceus or... tornadus I guess? for flying

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RareAcumen posted:

I made two charts. One trying to keep things to a single type- which failed slightly when it comes to flying because that type is basically all half-breeds-

And one where dual-types were allowed.

Lopunny and Bellossum are both single typed :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Sableye also has a really cool way of moving (I love those jittery shudders) and a super cool inspiration in the hopkinsville goblin.

I won't argue against you that ghost Stitch isn't cool.

Manatee Cannon posted:

you could've chosen arceus or... tornadus I guess? for flying

Yeah, but the point is to pick pokemon that I like.

Zore posted:

Yeah, I looked at all the pokemon and it turns out that I didn't really have double-typed favorites after all. v:v:v

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zore posted:

It's grass/grass and normal/normal you silly

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/moa151/status/905633966455013377

So apparently these are the characters that got Pokémon ahead of Ash in the alternate movie universe.

Gary - Squirtle
Marina from Bye Bye Psyduck - Bulbasaur (I guess a water trainer needs a grass type?)
Tierno from Pokémon XY - Charmander

Tierno had a Squirtle as his starter in the main series, but apparently the other trainers have remained unnamed to this day. Gary's only got revealed when he battled Ash at the end of the original series.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEC7go5w_I

There we go, Marshadow in November. Probably from Gamestop.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it was a long and dark November, at the gamestop i remember: marshadow

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I meditated on it for weeks and finally reached an answer

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

In less exciting news apparently everyone can get a Hat Pikachu for no charge at all starting later this month using codes on the official website. There's also a special one in US/UM only but I don't care about that. The one you get depends on when you verify the code, though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

September 19–25: Ash's Pikachu (Original Cap)
September 26 – October 2: Ash's Pikachu (Hoenn Cap)
October 3–9: Ash's Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap)
October 10–16: Ash's Pikachu (Unova Cap)
October 17–23: Ash's Pikachu (Kalos Cap)
October 24–30: Ash's Pikachu (Alola Cap)

And then when you go see the movie you'll get a QR code to get the Movie Cap Pikachu in USUM. Both Marshadow and Hatchu will be holding their Z-Crystals, meaning that's every Z-move and Mega stone.

Also you can only obtain 1 Hatchu it seems, which is weird cause Japan could get all 6. Oh well, I'll just clone the one I get and change its forme and that'll be my living dex complete again.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVwshFw1rPI

gently caress is this poo poo

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Super smash brothers.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zore posted:

You pick that and not the absurdly high amounts of Lopunny aka literally a furry playboy bunny with ripped tights.

i mostly picked it cuz i liked how it got fighting as a type for the mega and because most fighting pokemon are really boring and/or generic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

there was an actual, physical collectible pokemon miniatures game this is ported over from thats like a decade+ old at this point and completely bombed lol

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
re-release all of them as Amiibo

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I looked at all the pokemon and it turns out that I didn't really have double-typed favorites after all. v:v:v

Couldn't you just use mega lopunny? It's normal/fighting after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

less laughter posted:

re-release all of them as Amiibo

The lack of Pokémon amiibo for Sun/Moon's release is still baffling to me.