Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Chilichimp posted:

My Jacquizz Rodgers lost a week of effective #1 back duties, though. Wasted Bench spot.

Nah, this doesn't count towards Martin's suspension since we don't play now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

Nah, this doesn't count towards Martin's suspension since we don't play now.

itshappening.gif

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saints brought back Kuhn, whew.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was really surprised at how Jacquizz stepped up with Martin broken last season.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was really surprised at how Jacquizz stepped up with Martin broken last season.

Quizz owns real hard

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wound up getting both of them in my draft this can't possibly go long

Both really late picks shut up

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

I'd feel less bad if both of these teams didn't play in open air stadiums in the hottest/most humid state in the union.

We're assuming there will be a stadium for them to go back to. :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If the Dolphins stadium got leveled itd be an improvement.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Barudak posted:

Why? That stadium looks really nice with all the renovations they did.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Why? That stadium looks really nice with all the renovations they did.

My memories of visiting that stadium are lusting for death due to unbelievable heat and poor shade everywhere but the box seats and the box seats were crap compared to most other teams Ive been to.

Plus I paid more than $0 dollars to watch the legend of Tim "Just wins games" Tebow be born live.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Barudak posted:

I would feel for the fans, but it would be pretty poetic if the stadium was leveled after the owner passing on other venues for the Week 1 game (if that is/was the case).

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I usually hate hype videos but this one...

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/905838116019232769

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
a brotherhood who has...

"we... have... an unspoken bond"

Not anymore, dude.

edit:

Man, I hated the poo poo out of that. But... I'm glad we're semi-moving on from Rise Up, so that's a small win.

For real, if you're gonna get someone to do Christian Bale Batman voice, just call up Christian Bale, or at least Bat Dad.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 7, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The 2017 Falcons: We're Totally Over It.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

a brotherhood who has...

"we... have... an unspoken bond"

Not anymore, dude.

edit:

Man, I hated the poo poo out of that. But... I'm glad we're semi-moving on from Rise Up, so that's a small win.

Hype videos come with a bit of cheese and stupidity, but I enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just ready to start the new season...:shrug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

HAHAHAHA, get cher-rear end outta he-ah you fackin' loosah.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

my brother's fiancee is a patriots fan and it is really hard to not go off on her when she starts acting like a smug dipshit every second of the day when football comes up and i told you that story so you would understand why i'm telling you to jump into a fire and roast yourself alive you oval office

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
don't know how that relationship survived considering he's a big falcons fan, she's a big patriots fan, and they were actually at super bowl 51

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

don't know how that relationship survived considering he's a big falcons fan, she's a big patriots fan, and they were actually at super bowl 51

awkwaaaaaaaard

imagine that ride home...woof

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sword_man.gif posted:

Just imagine the hate loving that followed.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I can only imagine a tremendous amount of shittalk occurred until midway through the 3rd quarter and then someone just smiling quietly the rest of the way.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ok Chili, how about this?

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-ryan-falcons-super-bowl-hangover/

Long, very well written (imo) blog authored by Matt Ryan.

I love my dumb, boring, vanilla QB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

Ok Chili, how about this?

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-ryan-falcons-super-bowl-hangover/

Long, very well written (imo) blog authored by Matt Ryan.

I love my dumb, boring, vanilla QB.

I got bored just reading this post.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I got bored just reading this post.

I guess I'd rather have a QB who is good at football and boring over a charming rapist who isn't but to each their own :shrug:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I guess I'd rather have a QB who is good at football and boring over a charming rapist who isn't but to each their own :shrug:

Well that escalated quickly.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Well that escalated quickly.

Side note. Your av is bad rear end and I love it, but everytime I see it I can't not see an undead Bulls logo with jacked up teeth.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:bison:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
so which great quarterback in the nfcs is going to get hosed by a surprise injury this year. i'm betting it's either ryan or brees. just a feeling.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sword_man.gif posted:

so which great quarterback in the nfcs is going to get hosed by a surprise injury this year. i'm betting it's either ryan or brees. just a feeling.

If it happens, I hope it happens week 1.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It's gonna be Cam Newton again because there will be no repercussions for defenders trying to decapitate him.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

big money big clit posted:

It's gonna be Cam Newton again because there will be no repercussions for defenders trying to decapitate him.

i fuckin hate that poo poo, i'm not even a panthers fan and the treatment cam gets is baffling

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it was even weirder how actually angry my mother got about kaepernick sitting for the anthem, like who loving cares lmfao

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

Brees. Ryan is due, but Brees is almost 40 years old.

sword_man.gif posted:

i fuckin hate that poo poo, i'm not even a panthers fan and the treatment cam gets is baffling

Cam is treated like poo poo because he's a loving monster and at any moment he could pull up and take the gently caress off.

If you don't destroy him, he will shrug you off and run the gently caress away. I've seen that poo poo too many times.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

big money big clit posted:

And now the whole defense can celebrate together after they target his head, force a fumble, and bring it back! Priorities!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

it was even weirder how actually angry my mother got about kaepernick sitting for the anthem, like who loving cares lmfao

Edgey bullshit from the punk rocker in my 8th grade math class suddenly becomes a thing loving EVERYONE cares about.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Brees. Ryan is due, but Brees is almost 40 years old.

yeah i was kinda thinking the same thing, he's getting old and it feels like he's one good hit away from breaking

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God willing the panthers actually mean what they say about protecting cam this year.

Let that white motherfucker get killed instead

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

God willing the panthers actually mean what they say about protecting cam this year.

Let that white motherfucker get killed instead

SJW team

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

hey, if all it takes to keep Cam healthy is drafting a white running back every year to get murdered I'm okay with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

TheFlyingLlama posted:

hey, if all it takes to keep Cam healthy is drafting a white running back every year to get murdered I'm okay with that

same tbh

but I mean, I really do want CMc to be everything the pundits think he's going to be/capable of. Because apparently he's a god drat superman capable of playing every position and getting the espn top 10 highlight every single week. Also, they say he can consistently catch a football, which is something we've lacked for a while.

• Locked thread