Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I thought it was a nice touch to have the music seamlessly shift to the theme of whatever expansion you were looking at in the adventure summary cards for returning players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, quick psa: i've gotten four exotic engrams from public event chests. stop ignoring them, please

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Huzanko posted:

The Taken are just reskins of already existing enemies.

galaxy brain: all enemies in an fps are just reskins of placeholder cubes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

I thought it was a nice touch to have the music seamlessly shift to the theme of whatever expansion you were looking at in the adventure summary cards for returning players.

Speaking of Nice Touching, remember, membership in the "Fogle's Angels" pvp sub-clan of bone krew is only valid during levels 9-15, so don't overlevel yourself kids.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Early game exotic mission rewards make me giggle a bit, since my Warlock is basically dressed like a wasteland survivor but had a totally bitching helmet.

That helmet is so rad - I can see it being my first contender for raid required helmet with the decreased cooldowns (and looking badass as gently caress).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Okay here's some details on how the PS Exclusive Sniper works. You change the element by holding Reload down, it will play the reload animation and change elements. It always cycle in the same order Void -> Solar -> Arc. If you unequip and reequip, or you die and respawn, the element will change back to Void. If you have an empty magazine you will have to reload it before you can change the element. You do not lose ammo switching elements whatsoever.

It's a lot easier to change elements with this gun, but it's a little too cumbersome to change between enemies in a single fight. I would try to think ahead and change it to the fight upcoming.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ularg posted:

Okay here's some details on how the PS Exclusive Sniper works. You change the element by holding Reload down, it will play the reload animation and change elements. It always cycle in the same order Void -> Solar -> Arc. If you unequip and reequip, or you die and respawn, the element will change back to Void. If you have an empty magazine you will have to reload it before you can change the element. You do not lose ammo switching elements whatsoever.

It's a lot easier to change elements with this gun, but it's a little too cumbersome to change between enemies in a single fight. I would try to think ahead and change it to the fight upcoming.

Where/when do I get this gun?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The gear (at level 9) has been pretty humdrum ( Warlock) but I got this great helmet that looks like it's glass with a smoky cosmos inside.

Love it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
From 250 to 260, is Aventures + Public Events + Lost Sectors the best way to go?

Strikes seem like they have the same rewards as the above but take 3x the time.

Strikes seem completely pointless at the current time/reward ratio.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
strikes would be the only way to get vanguard gear, which is still mostly pointless because the armor is functionally identical to EDZ armor, which is the easiest in the game to farm

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

galaxy brain: all enemies in an fps are just reskins of placeholder cubes

It's unfortunate you don't have higher expectations for games, especially at Destiny's complete price point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Huzanko posted:

It's unfortunate you don't have higher expectations for games, especially at Destiny's complete price point.

Yeah $100 for a year is loving brutal, paying literally pennies per hour for a game I'll probably sink hundreds of hours into? Bungie got some real balls foisting this recycled garbage on us.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should give me my shaders back and add more enemies but i'm enjoying shooting stuff so far

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Best things about the game so far:

-The hideous sky blue/hot pink shader I immediately applied to my sparrow

-This exchange from midway through the second Nessus mission:

"Failsafe, what happened to your crew?"
"I'm sorry, only the captain is permitted to access those records. And he's super dead."

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
I did ask a while back but it got lost at the top of a page - has the quest log been removed and replaced with the milestones popup? I kinda liked the old log, always felt like I had tons of stuff to do when reading it. I'm still very early so maybe the milestones act as a decent replacement, just seems weird to omit the log.

Game is fantastic otherwise!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Where/when do I get this gun?

Get lucky with Exotic Engrams/Activities that reward random exotics. Since it's a PS exclusive we will probably never see it sold by Xur this year.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HampHamp posted:

I did ask a while back but it got lost at the top of a page - has the quest log been removed and replaced with the milestones popup? I kinda liked the old log, always felt like I had tons of stuff to do when reading it. I'm still very early so maybe the milestones act as a decent replacement, just seems weird to omit the log.

Game is fantastic otherwise!

This does seem to be the case. And the milestone tab can get pretty big, it grows horizontally if it needs more room.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

From 250 to 260, is Aventures + Public Events + Lost Sectors the best way to go?

Strikes seem like they have the same rewards as the above but take 3x the time.

Strikes seem completely pointless at the current time/reward ratio.

The strikes that aren't the bad one from the beta are pretty fun

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I got the John Travolta confused emote out of a free level up sparkly engram

eververse not so bad

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Finally found the max light level Rare Weapons/Armor come in, at least from random drops/public event rewards. Spoiling just in case, it's Light Level 260

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

So is there a main goon clan? Apparently I'm not in one since the old one because a group or something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are there any pvp maps with vehicles or did they just remove them entirely from it?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

Last night my buddy and I were fighting in a public event, and I was extremely close to death. He said, "come heal up, I put a rift down!" So I shade stepped into it and thought, "oh god gently caress yeah I love team synergy."

:allears:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I want that exotic slug rifle that penetrates phalanx shields and does bonus damage to cabal real bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Some boy on reddit claims that Nightfall gives out Loot every time you run it. Anyone have any understanding of how its rewards work? As far as completing it, completing 1-2-3 challenges, etc?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok, Warlock here. Is DONGBREAKER just bad or am I doing something wrong? LIke, in Crucible, I pop it, and I get SHOT THE gently caress DOWN immediately.

I have shot (at length) Super-ed up Hunters and Titans and they seem to have super armor and just ingest my bullets.

Thoughts?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Wacky Delly posted:

So is there a main goon clan? Apparently I'm not in one since the old one because a group or something.

Ping us!

https://discord.gg/QF6GPrD

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol this game is pretty alright but y'all are tripping over yourselves to compliment it does bungie read these forums or something

Also idk what games y'all played before but the graphics are pretty meh imo

It's me in that guy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

def doesn't look as nice as uncharted

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think Luke Smith reads here, he posted a bit a couple years ago. Got banned maybe, fuzzy on details.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Maybe if I compliment them for all their hard work in making an expansion for D1 they'll hook me up with dat swag

Like it's literally the same game and monsters what's all this fanfare about

Anyways anyone wanna play on PS4

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Daric posted:

I assume you can still get the exotics that you didn't pick from the quest rewards at some other point in the game.

I want every exotic.

At the very least you can roll a new character in a different slot and keep playing through and shoving the exotics in your vault.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol this game is pretty alright but y'all are tripping over yourselves to compliment it does bungie read these forums or something

Also idk what games y'all played before but the graphics are pretty meh imo

It's me in that guy

Hot takes and cold milkshakes!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Man, people who are enthusiastic about things are dumb. A True Goon consumes their media like a bored, jaded cow chewing cud

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Roman posted:

Man, people who are enthusiastic about things are dumb. A True Goon consumes their media like a bored, jaded cow chewing cud

:yeah:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
the virgin vigor and the chad chud

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
That post-credits ending :stare:

I wonder what the raid is about, since it's clearly got nothing to do with the red legion?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Maybe if I compliment them for all their hard work in making an expansion for D1 they'll hook me up with dat swag

Maybe that's all we wanted. The last game, but more and better.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Emron posted:

the music is really dang good in general, very impressive soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You've posted this multiple times in the thread so far

We get it

Now shush and play the game with us