Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I drafted Blount for some dumb reason. Is there any other Philly RB that is worth stashing as a wait and see? I would be dropping Prosise and it is 1PPR.

My feeling is that Prosise is a better bet than any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

I'm actually kinda high on Goff this year, if only because he has, like, an actual offensive coach now. So, yeah, I don't know if the difference between Watkins and Hopkins is gonna be as big as people think. Hopkins would prolly get the edge just for injury reasons though.

coronaball posted:

I'd start Bradford over Dalton this week. Long-term, who knows. You can actually make an OK committee out of these low-owned QB2s for the first month::

Week 1: Bradford vs. NO
Week 2: Eli vs. Det
Week 3: Dalton @ GB
Week 4: Bradford vs. Det

That will be harder once byes start though.

Yeah, I was thinking of dropping someone for Bradford this week, but I dunno if I have anyone I'd feel comfortable dropping. If they're roughly the same long-term, I'm prolly gonna have to stick with him this week and hope for the best.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Boosh! posted:

Don't think he'll be sniffing 192 targets. I think expecting 1100 and 7 is fair if not a little on the generous side and even that puts him below his ADP/price tag.

With Fuller out, it's not like the Texans have a credible receiving threat. He got a 150+ last year and it's hard to see that number decreasing.

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

headcase posted:

I drafted Blount for some dumb reason. Is there any other Philly RB that is worth stashing as a wait and see? I would be dropping Prosise and it is 1PPR.

100% Prosise is better than any Philly RB (beyond Sproles), especially in a PPR

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ok, too literal. How about a free internet article.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Boosh! posted:

Don't think he'll be sniffing 192 targets. I think expecting 1100 and 7 is fair if not a little on the generous side and even that puts him below his ADP/price tag.

I don't think he will get close to 192 targets either, but I picked him up at 4.1 in Full PPR and if he gets 1100/7, that is WELL worth that adp. That is basically Doug Baldwin's stat line from last year and he finished WR8.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

headcase posted:

Just hold onto Blount and Prosise. I really don't think Smallwood is going to take over the job and Sproles is too drat old to be anything other than a passing down back.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

With Fuller out, it's not like the Texans have a credible receiving threat. He got a 150+ last year and it's hard to see that number decreasing.

And Hopkins was still a high end WR3 last year. Looks like Fantasy Pros has him as a high end WR2 in rankings, ahead of guys like DT (still has Sanders and Siemian, a year older), Jeffery (no idea how he'll fit into new team, questions with missing time to little injuries, Wentz is a bit of a question mark), Crabtree (still has Cooper ready to take over), and Keenan Allen (will his volume change with Tyrell in the fold and the run game looking better?). Hopkins has so little competition for targets, has already shown his range with questionable QBs (top 5 WR) to absolute garbage QBs (high end WR3). If you get mid to low WR2 numbers from a guy you drafted at WR#13, but whose ceiling is already shown to be high end WR1, I don't think that's so bad, ya know?

Also,

MrSargent posted:

I don't think he will get close to 192 targets either, but I picked him up at 4.1 in Full PPR and if he gets 1100/7, that is WELL worth that adp. That is basically Doug Baldwin's stat line from last year and he finished WR8.

Real question for me is which direction Allen Robinson goes. I'm much more worried about him bouncing back than I am Hopkins.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Got a league this year and our commissioner didn't notice we had an odd number of teams so instead of a draft last night, our league starts week two. :/

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I dunno guys, we really can't forget that last year he was being thrown to by maybe the worst starting QB of the last decade. Hopkins put up crazy numbers the year he had Hoyer, Mallett, Yates, and Cassel throwing to him so there is every reason to believe that as long as loving Brock isn't throwing to him, he will be fine.

This - Osweiler is gone. I'm OK with Hopkins as my WR2 because he has the talent to be a WR1 and he now has a better system behind him.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Its Miller Time posted:

http://www.google.com

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

lmfao

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This thread is savage

E: I'm loving hyped. <8 hours

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Real question for me is which direction Allen Robinson goes. I'm much more worried about him bouncing back than I am Hopkins.

Yeah. That's a real tricky one. His targets didn't change but each catch was 5 yards shorter. It was not good. I worry a lot about consistency on the team. I don't have any shares of ARob this year, and I feel fine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I trade Rawls for Ginn? 0.5 ppr

My team:

Note that we start 3 WR and a FLEX.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
No, Ginn wouldn't even sniff your starting lineup unless 3 of your WR's have the same bye or get injured.

Rawls is the better stash.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

Should I trade Rawls for Ginn? 0.5 ppr

My team:

Note that we start 3 WR and a FLEX.

Nope.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool, thanks duders.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Spiller got released twice in one week by the same team. loving lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hmmm. Enjoy one of the last warm nights of the year in the kayak or draft my team?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hmmm. Enjoy one of the last warm nights of the year in the kayak or draft my team?

draft on your phone in the kayak.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm just staring at James White on the waiver wire

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

draft on your phone in the kayak.

I was gonna set it to go RB RB WR WR BPA.......with 0 being the max number for Kickers and Dst's, 1 for QB and TE's

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

89 posted:

That's cool, he's gonna have 150 yards a game...in the real world playoffs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Prorate his weekly scoring from his increased usage later in the year, and add in a share of the targets Edelman would have gotten, and you're looking at a monster. My advice is dump plodding two down back Gurley and upgrade to White, before someone else snatches him up.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

What do y'all think about Jordan Matthews? His ADP seems way too low to me. What is the big fear with a QB upgrade, offensive scheme upgrade, and a talented rookie running the other side?

I went with stashing Corey Davis, but I fear he is going to be like every other Titan rookie receiver ever.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

headcase posted:

What do y'all think about Jordan Matthews? His ADP seems way too low to me. What is the big fear with a QB upgrade, offensive scheme upgrade, and a talented rookie running the other side?

I went with stashing Corey Davis, but I fear he is going to be like every other Titan rookie receiver ever.

My big fear is that the Bills are drat near a dumpster fire and he stinks. He's got stone hands.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
We need a Jordan Matthews warning in the thread title every year iyam.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

headcase posted:

Terrible player + a terrible team. You do the math.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Gilly, Crowder, Diggs, Martin, Rawls, who do you drop for a kicker? no PPR

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

The only thing you are staring at is regret

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

pubic works project posted:

My big fear is that the Bills are drat near a dumpster fire and he stinks. He's got stone hands.

That's hilarious. I was pretty much out of the loop on fantasy last year, but figured it was mainly the dumb offense that was holding him back.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Its Miller Time posted:

Why the gently caress should we help you with anything when you disappeared as commissioner of the $50 league last year and they had go through some huge ordeal to get the money out of Leaguesafe? And you abandoned your team in the league I was in, which gave a free win to my Week 13 opponent and knocked me out of the playoffs.

Nevermind, I forgive you. Here's an article.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/17RanksPreseasonBerryPPR/matthew-berry-2017-ppr-rankings-fantasy-football

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

Gilly, Crowder, Diggs, Martin, Rawls, who do you drop for a kicker? no PPR

Shiiiiiit. Probably Gilly. I've been reading today that Burkhead and White are getting the heavy work tonight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I know I'm going to regret dropping Burkhead. I already do in fact.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pubic works project posted:

The Bills offense isn't a dumpster fire though. And Matthews has been targeted 350 times in the first 3 years of playing which ain't too shabby. I'm just worried that Tyrod Taylor isn't actually good.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Can't wait for all of us to reminisce in five weeks time and laugh about how many times Burkhead's name came up in this thread

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Lol if you didn't take Burkhead+Woodhead so your team name could be Gimme Head.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zypher posted:

Can't wait for all of us to reminisce in five weeks time and laugh about how many times Burkhead's name came up in this thread

I'm sure the rotoworld blurb about Burkhead (and White) getting a lot of work week 1 while Gillislee is still banged up means he's going to be a real fantasy difference maker. Or BB will make Dion Lewis a workhorse this week, or run the ball <10 times, or have been blowing smoke and Gillislee is fine and carries it 20+ times, or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Need to drop one player to pick up a kicker in a 2 RB 3 WR no flex 0.5 PPR league

McFadden
Maclin
Robby Anderson
Luck
Doug Martin

Probably just gonna drop McFadden. Only reason I haven't is because he's basically my only backup RB until Week 5 when Martin is back and even with only 5 man benches there isn't a lot of other options out there and I'm deep at WR with Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Alshon jeffrey, Stefon Diggs

• Locked thread