Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173060092?t=23m50s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I had to check the date on that video to make sure it wasn't something from 2 years ago, but it's from loving today. It almost broke my brain.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sedisp posted:

no dummy it's because the logic you're using to defend your statements is the same as people with obviously crazy opinions.

Like you get that right? No one thinks that you believe vaccines cause autism...(hopefully) but the logic they use after they're proven to be wrong is the same as your "well I shouldn't be told what to think" they're holding their right to be an idiot up instead of defending their beliefs using things like facts because they refuse to admit their sincerely held belief might be wrong.

I wasn't using it as the logic behind my arguments though, it was an off the cuff remark after the fact, not a loving window into how I judge everything.

The only point I made was that the climate on earth has changed many times over millions of years, thats it, that's why I'm not bothered by it at all. Apparently I'm supposed to be incredibly worried by it, but I'm just not and I doubt I'll ever be and I don't subscribe to the notion of being scared of it. If that's reason enough to start lumping me in with the nutters who think we live on a flat disc or with the idiots who shill scams then I can't be arsed with this place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

You almost got 'em

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Thoatse posted:

Right? who do those idiot highfalutin scientists think they are with their direct observations and decades of data, accurate predictive modeling and the rest of the tools of modern science anyways.

you mean the ones that faked the data? those science guys. Or do you go with the Geologists and the Glaciolists who note that there have been significant amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere in the past and that it is a true cycle. That man really hasnt added that much and that the historic pattern is being followed and we are entering into a warming period. But hey not those scientists they dont count.

Is man speeding it up? who knows no one is objective anymore that is the issue. do you own research and make you own conclusion.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 7, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

I'd like to be alone with the flaming skeleton for a while if that's quite alright with you

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

reminds me of the deep water horizon.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

intardnation posted:

you mean the ones that faked the data? those science guys. Or do you go the Geologists and the Glaciolists who note that there have been significant amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere in the past and that it is a true cycle. That man really hasnt added that much and that the historic pattern is being followed and we are entering into a warming period. But hey not those scientists they dont count.

Is man speeding it up? who knows no one is objective anymore that is the issue. do you own research and make you own conclusion.

Wait are you talking about that dumb climategate thing that right wingers tried to pass off as a thing because they don't know how math works?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

The only point I made was that the climate on earth has changed many times over millions of years,

no it hasn't it has changed a few times. Usually as a result of something gigantic like a meteor smashing into the surface of the planet.

Sabreseven posted:

Apparently I'm supposed to be incredibly worried by it

see point about edgy nerds. like its cool if you don't have or want kids or want to roleplay as a misanthrope but if you could just use that thing in between your ears to solve why other people might be concerned with it you might be surprised when you get mocked for playing the "doesn't matter to me" redditor game.

intardnation posted:

you mean the ones that faked the data? those science guys. Or do you go with the Geologists and the Glaciolists who note that there have been significant amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere in the past and that it is a true cycle. That man really hasnt added that much and that the historic pattern is being followed and we are entering into a warming period. But hey not those scientists they dont count.

that username post combo

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Digital media

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not trolling anybody. I'm here to offer a differing opinion than one of group think over a person legitimately trying to make a game of his dreams. You guys libelously pile on, making up poo poo about Roberts being a used car salesman, getting a divorce, or leading people on in a fraudulent venture that anyone offering said dissent is driven down to talk about his/her recipes or digital ship ownership. This is the reason I've gone from talking less about CR's legal rights to do what he does, accounting for a crowd funded project, etc. to just toiling about as a goon on a forum about gay poo poo. So now I just go about my daily job, pop in ever so often and ask if the ELE happened (it appears as though it hasn't even though an ELE is a sudden and mass event and it was "called" a year ago).

Yeah, Chris Roberts categorically failing to deliver his unintelligible dream game is group think. Yeah.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Ramadu posted:

Wait are you talking about that dumb climategate thing that right wingers tried to pass off as a thing because they don't know how math works?

do you know how objective science works? You do know that most of the data was actually fudged right? You do know what the Glaciologists have been saying for years right?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Sabreseven posted:

I wasn't using it as the logic behind my arguments though, it was an off the cuff remark after the fact, not a loving window into how I judge everything.

The only point I made was that the climate on earth has changed many times over millions of years, thats it, that's why I'm not bothered by it at all. Apparently I'm supposed to be incredibly worried by it, but I'm just not and I doubt I'll ever be and I don't subscribe to the notion of being scared of it. If that's reason enough to start lumping me in with the nutters who think we live on a flat disc or with the idiots who shill scams then I can't be arsed with this place.

People used to live on the African border plains foraging for food, and chasing down prey with exhaustion hunting, so, I don't care if a disaster wipes out civilization in general. That's just going back to how things have pretty much been for the majority of human history. No big deal. I'm a free thinker.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/905899670081331200

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Death is certain, fear is for the weak, climate change is *gets impaled by tree that was propelled by hurricane*

*splutters while dying* climate change is badass and good *dies*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The developer who cried Breaking

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Moma thank you for finally telling me you had $3k still in this game, I only asked about 10 times. It appears you coming clean might have sparked the death throes though and if CIG don't make it to Citizen Con I'll be sad.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

intardnation posted:

do you know how objective science works? You do know that most of the data was actually fudged right? You do know what the Glaciologists have been saying for years right?

That climate change happens in a cycle that becomes astronomically worse if you pump an atmosphere full of greenhouse gasses?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
the fox news is coming from inside the thread

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thoatse posted:

This is neither fair nor balanced, just facetious and biased

So, what you say checks out

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Thoatse posted:

I called this a year ago when SC redditors started flowing in.

Its all in my July blog.

:grin:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Seriously, MoMA, defend this video.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That cig concpet artist is poo poo at playing PUBG. No wonder they can't get anything right. No one there knows how to even play a game let alone develop one.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like the six different cartoon versions of himself being a really cool guy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Because poor Beet is busy dealing with the very real effects of Hurricanes, I just wanted to step in and remind posters that climate change has 0 to do with Star Citizen. Perpetrating pages long slapfights on 'weather' it is real is far better suited to an entirely different sub forum.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I like the six different cartoon versions of himself being a really cool guy

One of them just appears to be man with twitch hat and shirt

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sabreseven posted:

For gently caress sake, I don't have any 'stupid' beliefs, I just don't give a gently caress if average temperatures go up or down as much as you or if some animals go extinct, that's life.

Until the day where the air is unbreathable worldwide I will continue not giving a poo poo about it.

I think you two should stop posting about climate conspiracy theories and focus more on fidelity of digital spaceships.

i.e.: JUST POST (but not about stupid poo poo)

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I think the reason you stopped talking about the law and accounting is you were constantly 100% objectively wrong and turned this into an endless line of the wide array of people who visit this thread taking numbers to brutally own you every time you tried to make a concrete statement so you only recourse is to toil about as a goon on a forum about gay poo poo otherwise your downright insane optimistic takes are swamped under so much real talk that even you feel bad for your dumb opinions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I believe a comma or perhaps two separate clauses would have saved you from probation. Sorry dude.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

but then how would we post about you...? oh thats your ploy

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Toops posted:

Yeah, Chris Roberts categorically failing to deliver his unintelligible dream game is group think. Yeah.

I mean, unless you have skin in the game, you bitching about what idiots do with their money and then subsequently whine about it on other chat medium is categorically dumb.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

You do know where we are, right? This is a thread about star citizen.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, unless you have skin in the game, you bitching about what idiots do with their money and then subsequently whine about it on other chat medium is categorically dumb.

"Unless you have a child you can't have opinion about parenting!" - some dumb idiot

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

I will defend my 30 dollar investment to the DEATH sir. To the DEATH.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Ah, a passive aggresive insult, that's new and refreshing.

I've got nothing bad to say about chemtrails or fluoride tbh.

Lol add "doesn't understand what passive aggressive means" to the list of your idiocy.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Moma thank you for finally telling me you had $3k still in this game, I only asked about 10 times. It appears you coming clean might have sparked the death throes though and if CIG don't make it to Citizen Con I'll be sad.

A little bird told me that your goal was to ask me about this constantly in some dumb way to get me riled up or troll me. Glad I could finally oblige and fulfill your need to do this.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

cat 6: :pgabz:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

intardnation posted:

Lmao do tell me more about how most scientific data is actually fudged now

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Because poor Beet is busy dealing with the very real effects of Hurricanes, I just wanted to step in and remind posters that climate change has 0 to do with Star Citizen. Perpetrating pages long slapfights on 'weather' it is real is far better suited to an entirely different sub forum.
Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

ManofManyAliases posted:

A little bird told me that your goal was to ask me about this constantly in some dumb way to get me riled up or troll me. Glad I could finally oblige and fulfill your need to do this.

You have 3 grand "invested" in a glorified CryEngine mod. You trolled yourself more effectively than anyone else could imagine.