Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Four Goddesses Online LE preorders on Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Ozdhaka posted:

In case you guys missed the Humble Bundle sale, don't worry, Indiegala has you covered.

Advent Dark Force includes all of the original Fairy Fencer F, so there is no reason to buy that, right?
What's with all the DLC? Are those just cheat items?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have FGO pre-ordered and I'm starting to think that's a terrible idea

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

Tamba posted:

Advent Dark Force includes all of the original Fairy Fencer F, so there is no reason to buy that, right?
What's with all the DLC? Are those just cheat items?

Yeah, Advent Dark Force is the very significantly improved remaster of the original, so you don't have to buy and play the original at all.

Some of the DLC involve extra characters joining in, which might be to your taste. A lot of it is just cheatLC or extra outfits and such, not strictly necessary. If you're doing all the cheevos for Re; Birth 2 and 3, the ones that concern the Stella's Dungeon minigame would be helpful (specifically, Histy's Rescue Plans for R;B 2 and Histy's Emergency Aid Plan Pack for R;B 3). You don't need the exp up parts of those packs, but if you just want to powerlevel and ruin the game's difficulty pacing, knock yourself out.

Sakurazuka posted:

I dunno, the speedrun made it look ok, at least (even when the guy managed to softlock the first time around 50 minutes in; you're only seeing the second run here).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It does look better than the awful Vita brawlers I guess

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speed runs aren't really a great way to judge how a game plays. But yeah it shouldn't be hard to be better than Nep U or Zombies.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm buying that LE without hesitation, and I *know* it's a terrible idea.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Takoluka posted:

I'm buying that LE without hesitation, and I *know* it's a terrible idea.

:same:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm getting it on PC so there's no special editions for me. But I'm really looking forward to it.

I wish they had done a proper RPG in 4GO in the vein of .Hack or something, but I'll have to live with this.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/906269989249867776

I guess a figure is coming.

I decided to go with a standard copy from Best Buy for $40 instead of the $80 LE this time. If they're going to save money cutting the original English VAs, I'm going to save money on the game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nep is the only English VA that matters let's be real.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nepgear could never be the same with another VA.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love Uzume's VA.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Dehry posted:

If they're going to save money cutting the original English VAs, I'm going to save money on the game.

It was the VAs own choice not to do the character again. Not that I think you shouldn't save money anyway, because LEs are a waste (in the West, anyway).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

It was the VAs own choice not to do the character again. Not that I think you shouldn't save money anyway, because LEs are a waste (in the West, anyway).

The Western LEs have had significantly better swag than the JP ones, so if swag is your thing, gogogo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

Erin did it by choice, Tara Platt is just not getting a call back after being unavailable for one game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Erin did it by choice, Tara Platt is just not getting a call back after being unavailable for one game.

New Vert sounds a good bit like Old Vert, but I do miss Old Mitsuru Vert.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
The gently caress? Didn't you guys already have one of these sales a few weeks ago?

(Seems the only change I can see so far is who's on the banner for the sale.)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

good. nep is for everyone.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
1PM Eastern/10AM Pacific for those wanting the LE

Euro Iffy already has it up.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I bought it

:negative:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/907634237343334400

YOU WILL NEP NEP TODAY

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sefal posted:

I bought it

:negative:

Embrace.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're at 30% stock for Neptunia LEs. I think it's going to sell out.

I guess I better get one.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's always a good time for Nep.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/lukazawa/status/915451769320329216

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just got this:

Iffy's Online Store posted:

Thank you for purchasing the Cyberdimension Neptunia™: 4 Goddesses Online Limited Edition from Iffy's Online Store.

We are writing to inform you that, unfortunately, there was a printing error on the Official Soundtrack packaged within the Limited Edition box, and the quality of the CD's print was not up to the standards of Iffy's Online Store.

We understand the high collector's value and importance of Limited Editions to our fans and we strive to provide our fans with the highest quality items.

To compensate, we have included a replacement Soundtrack disc with a print quality that meets our standards. You will find the replacement CD included in your package.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has created. However, your order will still ship by/on the game's release date (10/10). In the case that any new situations arise about your order then we will contact you with any updates available.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wonder if it was the audio quality or just the image on the disc?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah you're not playing Neptunia tomorrow if you bought an LE.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Still better than NISA. Who still haven't shipped my DR3 pre order

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Yeah you're not playing Neptunia tomorrow if you bought an LE.

Good things come to those who wait.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game has a fake online connection loading screen. Kinda neat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's neat but then you realize the entire game has to load every time you boot up? Am I going crazy here or is something off about that?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

HGH posted:

It's neat but then you realize the entire game has to load every time you boot up? Am I going crazy here or is something off about that?

Just use standby mode, nep full time.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Liver Disaster posted:

Just use standby mode, nep full time.

New thread title?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I like the premise of the new Nep game but watching some videos the levels have this kind of bare, empty feel. Did Tamsoft improve any or do I know the answer to my own question already?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grand theft grotto posted:

I like the premise of the new Nep game but watching some videos the levels have this kind of bare, empty feel. Did Tamsoft improve any or do I know the answer to my own question already?

I have the LE preordered, and I have no faith in Tamsoft.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

grand theft grotto posted:

They're basically more expansive variants of what you get in the mainline games, except a little more maze-like. I know that that they're not interesting enough to hold up under having to do them over and over for quests and item materials.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
For some reason I had this weird idea this game was getting a release on Steam at the same time. Guess not. I wonder what I was confusing it with.

I guess I get to wait a while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I already pre ordered the LE. So they already have my money. But to those who already played it.
Is it good?