Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

very sad this is wasn't the Paul Burchill swinging from the Smackdown set on a rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

frankenfreak posted:

She's not a pirate, she's a yachtsperson. Get it right, people! Complaining about JR repeating the same talking points again and again, but not picking up on them yourself, smdh.

I've literally heard her call herself a pirate. Although with her accent it it sounded like pilot which would honestly be a good gimmick for someone that jumps off the top rope.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

:( Act...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just read up on her, good lord the hits just keep on coming for the poor lady. :(

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I don't know why everyone keeps bring up Toni Storm's age as a plus when she already older than Sasha. I completely forgot how crazy young Sasha's been this whole time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Toni's 21.

its toni time.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Ah I just googled her age and it said 26 but yeah she's 21 everywhere else.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 7, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the little profile on the side if you google her says 26, but I don't know where Google sources those. It doesn't have the right month or day either.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
drat, if she's 21 she's a bright prospect. I'm not as soured on Sasha as some people in PSP, so I keep thinking she can do a lot of wrestling and get a lot better if WWE doesn't break her spirit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wow I thought she was 28. If she's 21, then between her and Rhea I fully support an Aussie, wait no ANZAC invasion to include Evie, invasion.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
leaning too hard into a pirate thing worked out... badly before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dcewVzx_0

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

leaning too hard into a pirate thing worked out... badly before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dcewVzx_0

it only failed because Vince didn't get it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the gimmick was that Burchill was just a guy deciding he wanted to be a pirate. The whole thing with Regal was trying to get Burchill to drop the pirate stuff, like you can see in the clip.

Vince didn't understand that at all and thought he should actually think he's a pirate.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Jerusalem posted:

Just read up on her, good lord the hits just keep on coming for the poor lady. :(

drat dude, she's had it rough :(

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Don't forget Vince also thought pirate dude should be loving his sister.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, the gimmick was that Burchill was just a guy deciding he wanted to be a pirate. The whole thing with Regal was trying to get Burchill to drop the pirate stuff, like you can see in the clip.

Vince didn't understand that at all and thought he should actually think he's a pirate.

It was also because Vince didn't get the pirate gimmick because nobody likes pirates, they aren't popular or good guys and wasn't aware that the Pirates of the Carribean franchise was a thing that was going on and actually popular.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/JoshiPuro/status/905630636802809858

Those are not your streamers Hiromi. Don't steal them! :mad:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

With all the talk regarding the Vince and Pirates, I preemptively worry for Kairi if/when she gets to the main roster.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Toni is definitely 21.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

With all the talk regarding the Vince and Pirates, I preemptively worry for Kairi if/when she gets to the main roster.

I wouldn't. Kairi would probably be over even without the pirate gimmick (she's a super likable babyface, and she knows how to pander/appeal to people), and I don't see her coming up for a long while. Earliest I can see her being called up is the Smackdown or RAW following Wrestlemania next year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

I wouldn't. Kairi would probably be over even without the pirate gimmick (she's a super likable babyface, and she knows how to pander/appeal to people), and I don't see her coming up for a long while. Earliest I can see her being called up is the Smackdown or RAW following Wrestlemania next year.

Plus she seems super affable so I can hardly imagine fans not connecting with her and management not liking her (at least in the hosed up way WWE Management likes people).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Like legit, the worst thing I've heard about Kairi is that she...is dating someone??? And the only people who are mad about that are absolute shut-ins who hate that she isn't pure. :psyduck:

So in short, I don't think she has any skeletons in her closet, or she does a drat good job of hiding them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 7, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Like legit, the worst thing I've heard about Kairi is that she...is dating someone??? And the only people who are mad about that are absolute shut-ins who hate that Kairi isn't pure. :psyduck:

So in short, I don't think she has any real skeletons in her closet, or she does a drat good job of hiding them.

Would actually lol if Kairi was some kind of monster or even just a fake. Spends hours a day leaving nice messages to her wrestler friends on social media.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

Like legit, the worst thing I've heard about Kairi is that she...is dating someone??? And the only people who are mad about that are absolute shut-ins who hate that Kairi isn't pure. :psyduck:

So in short, I don't think she has any real skeletons in her closet, or she does a drat good job of hiding them.

Dating in Joshi is still weird territory. Japan is still a very conservative society.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

It was also because Vince didn't get the pirate gimmick because nobody likes pirates, they aren't popular or good guys and wasn't aware that the Pirates of the Carribean franchise was a thing that was going on and actually popular.

Vince came up with the pirate gimmick after seeing the movie actually

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

There's literally nothing to get or not get with Kairi's pirate thing it's not really a gimmick? She just dresses like a pirate for her entrance that's it. It's a look.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Dating in Joshi is still weird territory. Japan is still a very conservative society.

Oh I know its not encouraged, I'm just saying. Also its not her Japanese fans saying this stuff. It's a handful of westerners who are mad that she's supposedly dating Shane Thorne (TM61 guy). My stance on the entire thing is: Who gives a poo poo? What goes on in a wrestler's personal life is none of my concern (or yours) as long as its not actively harmful to their career/health (see: Paige/Del Rio).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 7, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all wrestlers should be pure, men included

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh I know its not encouraged, I'm just saying. Also its not her Japanese fans saying this stuff. It's a handful of westerners who are mad that she's supposedly dating Shane Thorne (TM61 guy). My stance on the entire thing is: Who gives a poo poo? What goes on in a wrestler's personal life is none of my concern (or yours) as long as its not actively harmful to their career/health (see: Paige/Del Rio).

I'd date Shane.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshiPuro/status/905630636802809858

Those are not your streamers Hiromi. Don't steal them! :mad:

This is so loving great :allears:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DarkstarIV posted:

Shane Thorne? Really? Then again, I guess the two of them makes a little more sense than Nikki Cross and Killian Dain.

Still, in the end, who really gives a poo poo as long as the various couples are happy and treating each other decently? (again, see: Paige/DelRio.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

This is so loving great :allears:

Please tell me that was the finish. Also the shine, heat and comeback.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Please tell me that was the finish. Also the shine, heat and comeback.

Unfortunately that was not the finish. The gif didn't show it, but Hiromi kicked out. :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Kvantum posted:

Shane Thorne? Really? Then again, I guess the two of them makes a little more sense than Nikki Cross and Killian Dain.

Still, in the end, who really gives a poo poo as long as the various couples are happy and treating each other decently? (again, see: Paige/DelRio.)

Liv Morgan and Tyler Bate apparently too.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Enzo noooooo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Unfortunately that was not the finish. The gif didn't show it, but Hiromi kicked out. :(

Aww, the idea of someone basically Yano-ing themselves through being an egotistical jerk is too good not to do.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

rovert posted:

Liv Morgan and Tyler Bate apparently too.

When did she break up with Enzo? I thought they were even living together.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

coconono posted:

very sad this is wasn't the Paul Burchill swinging from the Smackdown set on a rope.
Didn't he get injured pretty badly from doing that entrance?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I'd date Shane.

same here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kairi and Dakota are my favorites from the tourney. I hope they both get good pushes in NXT and eventually the main roster.

A lot of potential with Rhea Ripley too. She looks great and is only 20. She's not quite on Toni Storm's level, but not that far off of it. With those two being so young, there's a lot of potential for them down the road. Hopefully Toni can sign with WWE before too long, since she's got it all.