Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm sad this thing didn't take off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This is the worst one

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

All those bad controllers - my wrists are hurting in sympathy already

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Macaluso posted:

This is the worst one
The controller is a possible safety hazard and I somehow have the white one. A Recoil controller.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The tech behind the original prototype is actually cool but mattel bought it and made it cheap poo poo and said it could be used well with games it had no business being used for

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This one is so bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
caaaaaaaaaarbsss

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

american dominos should do a mille-feuille crust

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When you see a price that low for something so big you gotta start thinking it cant possibly be safe to eat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

never spend more than $6 for food, imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Last week I ate two sandwiches for $3.33

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

By "can't get any other way" you're ignoring the ones that drop with every full exp bar after 20? Or are they different Bright Engrams?

You can also get shaders from random chests on the map.

Lootboxes are still bad though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It is time for the Arby's 5 for 5 to return. And also for White Castle to spread at least to where I live.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

It is time for the Arby's 5 for 5 to return. And also for White Castle to spread at least to where I live.

white castle wouldn't even expand to california's capital city of weed and beer, chico. it'll never be near your town

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

white castle wouldn't even expand to california's capital city of weed and beer, chico. it'll never be near your town

You'd think Portland and the surrounding area might have a shot, but they probably think they're too good for the castle.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
All these bad controllers and I haven't seen the jaguar controller yet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what about this goddamn abomination and destroyer of wrists

ed. note: the joystick on that thing did not auto-center. Seriously.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man, like, dig, you know... in video games, it's all about the buttons you don't push.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is controller gore

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Goddamn that boomerang was so loving awful

It has sad boobies even

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I had one of these and it owned. Well, mine didn't have those autofire buttons. But still it was nice to play N64 games with a controller designed for a human with only 2 hands.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I had one of these and it owned. Well, mine didn't have those autofire buttons. But still it was nice to play N64 games with a controller designed for a human with only 2 hands.

tfw you're one of launch title devs who weren't allowed to see the controller so they had to test their software by putting their hands in a blind box

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

tfw you're one of launch title devs who weren't allowed to see the controller so they had to test their software by putting their hands in a blind box

Wait, what?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Il Duce

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Wait, what?

Nintendo wouldnt reveal the 64 controller until shortly before launch. Devs had to reach into a metal enclosure to hold the controller to maintain secrecy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo wouldnt reveal the 64 controller until shortly before launch. Devs had to reach into a metal enclosure to hold the controller to maintain secrecy

This is amazing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

50% of the boxes had a live scorpion in them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g36lYOdlZ-k

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Taintrunner posted:

Wait, what?

Real hurthling! posted:

Not sure if other devs had to do this but it definitely happened to the Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire devs:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/114010/Classic_Postmortem_Star_Wars_Shadows_Of_The_Empire.php

Specifically:

Mark Haigh-Hutchinson-project leader at LucasArts posted:

By Christmas of 1994, we had the basis of the first level of the game, The Battle of Hoth, running quite nicely on the ONYX—“quite nicely” being in high resolution (1280x1024), 32-bit color, and at 60 frames a second. By this point, we had also received a very early prototype of the Nintendo 64 controller. This consisted of a modified Super Nintendo controller with a primitive analogue joystick and Z trigger.

Due to our strict nondisclosure agreement, we were unable to discuss the hardware or the project with anyone outside the core team. Consequently, we would furtively hide the prototype controller in a cardboard box while we used it. In answer to the inevitable questions about what we were doing, we replied jokingly that it was a new type of controller—a bowl of liquid that absorbed your thoughts through your fingertips. Of course, you had to think in Japanese….

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I actually really loved that controller.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
so i'm playing mario 3d world and i don't think it's very good. cat mario is overpowered to the point where using him makes most platforming challenges piss easy, and yet you can't just not use cat suit because there's specific poo poo you need it for (raising platforms, etc). it's the same bad design choice from 3d land, where it was all raccoon all the time or you can't do some of the flag challenges. it's bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here's a controller I'm not a fan of

Made reloading annoying as hell. It's a light gun but you had to pump it to reload and for a game where you're shooting a ton it's just a big pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

so i'm playing mario 3d world and i don't think it's very good. cat mario is overpowered to the point where using him makes most platforming challenges piss easy, and yet you can't just not use cat suit because there's specific poo poo you need it for (raising platforms, etc). it's the same bad design choice from 3d land, where it was all raccoon all the time or you can't do some of the flag challenges. it's bad

Play as cat mario then and do the extra optional stuff, idk what to tell you. It's a good game but if you aren't enjoying it then don't play it imo.

Alternatively, if you're still early in the game, then maybe it's not hard because you're still at the beginning.

• Locked thread