Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

thats awesome for some reason I only thought two subclasses were in game

Stormcaller is the most bae of all classes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is this game good

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Applied as Lux Absentia, let me in your house! Let me in your basements!

Game's pretty good.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Anyone know how to obtain the digital deluxe items? Also, when do you finally get to use a sparrow?

Emote and emblem are in your vault.

For the sword and the sparrow finish the campaign.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why does it take a gazillion years to find a crucible match

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Stormcaller is the most bae of all classes

What’s the most tsundere of classes tho :thunk:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I GOT RIPPED

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I support the workers in the shader mines

Which sect?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Campaign finished. Now the meta begins.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
This has probably been asked a thousand times but I can't find info on it now, at one point in time I thought there was some weird restriction on importing a character vs creating a new one, is that still the case? Something about not being able to change looks or something after character creation but new players can idr.

Anyone know what I'm babbling about?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Anybody else get Await the World-Eater? It sits in your power weapons. Raid tied?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are we the same person?

http://i.imgur.com/GgobPtU.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Valakadyn
*720 rpm
*53 mag
*Corkscrew Rifiling (Slight increase range and stability, handling speed)
*Accurized Rounds (Increased range)
*Under Pressure (Improved stability and accuracy as the mag gets lower, Persistence p.much)

Doesn't need UP but it's dope. Gun is just :discourse:. Thanks, Veist!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Crow posted:

This has probably been asked a thousand times but I can't find info on it now, at one point in time I thought there was some weird restriction on importing a character vs creating a new one, is that still the case? Something about not being able to change looks or something after character creation but new players can idr.

Anyone know what I'm babbling about?

If you carry over a D1 character you can't change its race, gender, or face customization. If you make a brand new one for D2 presumably you can.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow I suck a lot at Countdown.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So what should I be spending my Glimmer on? So far I've just been buying the "random mod" from Banshee.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao I have 2 or 3 of these saved already, but none standing still

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

haveblue posted:

If you carry over a D1 character you can't change its race, gender, or face customization. If you make a brand new one for D2 presumably you can.

There's no new options, though. Its 100% the same character creator.

Sucks you can't make changes, but you aren't missing out on new content or anything.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 8, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's amazing how they can make such detailed landscapes and complex weaponry and yet character hair still looks like undercooked spaghetti

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the good fax machine posted:

lmao I have 2 or 3 of these saved already, but none standing still

Notice that the ghost sees it coming.

Thanks for the warning!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Floppychop posted:

So what should I be spending my Glimmer on? So far I've just been buying the "random mod" from Banshee.

Mostly just applying shaders

Am I the only person who doesn't mind shaders being consumable? I already feel like I already have a shitload of them just from the bright engrams I've gotten so far, and being able to apply them to guns, sparrows. and ships is a huge step up from D1. Why is everyone freaking out so hard about them?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Because gamers are big, dramatic, alarmist babies.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Playing dress up is the only thing that matters in modern video games

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Funkmaster General posted:

There's no new options, though. Its 100% the same character creator.

Sucks you can't make changes, but you aren't missing out on new content or anything.

Is there any downside to deleting a D1 character and remaking for D2 if you hate the character model you used in D1? I was drunk when I played for the first time and hate the model for my warlock.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Average Redditor posted:

What the gently caress bungie?
Raid shaders and trials shaders are something I could only get at the end of d1 because I couldn't do the raid enough. Now you expect me to get hundreds of them for multiple sets of armor?!
SERIOUSLY?!

Literally hundreds of copies of the same shader. I will die if I don't have this color palette on every single piece of gear I own. Game sucks refund me now

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Skyburner's Oath, is insanely good

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm not too far into the game, but consuming shaders to use them DOES sound pretty stupid.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
If consumable shaders means more micro transaction cash for bungie and that equates to more content updates and live events I am all for it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Squashing Machine posted:

Mostly just applying shaders

Am I the only person who doesn't mind shaders being consumable? I already feel like I already have a shitload of them just from the bright engrams I've gotten so far, and being able to apply them to guns, sparrows. and ships is a huge step up from D1. Why is everyone freaking out so hard about them?

I don't mind them being consumable but I wish you could more reliably get the ones you wanted. Being both random and consumable seems pretty lovely. I also loved trying to collect them all in the kiosks.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Also the best thing about D2 compared to D1 is no more getting a cool gun/armor and needing to dump motes into it and then needing to use weapon/armor parts and mats to unlock the nodes. Now Just equip it and start shooting dudes. This will be particularly awesome with raid armor next week.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Skyburner's Oath, is insanely good

Just googled it and yeah I need this gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4rjTlRVfVE

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
So is the best thing to do just burn through the main story then do all the adventures and lost sectors after you hit 20? I got to like level five around the start of the EDZ doing a public event and just farming kills (because that poo poo is fun) but I did wander into a lost sector I never saw the sign for and ended up completing it before I realized where I was.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can't burn the main story because some missions are level gated. So you need to do at least some other stuff.

So enjoy the ride and do whatever looks fun at the moment.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yea honestly don't try to min/max bullshit already. Just enjoy the ride and worry about that later.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
That works. Just didn't want to hit 20 and find I hosed my chances of easy gearing towards the raid because I burned too much stuff early on while exploring/having fun.

I'll just do what I run past and not worry about it.

Wish they'd get the clan thing up and running though.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Are treasure maps worth buying?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm hoping they get the clan feature up and running before the raid next week. It's odd that the weekly update didn't mention it, since it's a pretty big deal imo

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/6ymydw/psa_how_to_trigger_heroic_public_events/

Stop doing the lame version of all the public events. It's near impossible to trigger half of them before pubbies ruin everything, though.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
For real though Bungie who greenlighted this poo poo as a "legendary armor" design? I look like a loving drifter

Even the gauntlets are just velcroed on shinguards

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

Are treasure maps worth buying?

i think you should wait to do them. the drops apparently scale, so do them as late in the week as you can before Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

What class do I want? I never played the first game. I take it hunters are the "rogues"?