Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

So... if I buy Pop Tarts from Target I get a Sparrow? is that correct?

cause I need some wheels stat, this running around is for the birds

e: that does indeed appear to be how it works, hell yes pop tart time

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

What class do I want? I never played the first game. I take it hunters are the "rogues"?

Hunters are good for shooting dudes.
Warlocks are good for shooting dudes.
Titans are good for shooting dudes.

Hth

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Squashing Machine posted:

Mostly just applying shaders

Am I the only person who doesn't mind shaders being consumable? I already feel like I already have a shitload of them just from the bright engrams I've gotten so far, and being able to apply them to guns, sparrows. and ships is a huge step up from D1. Why is everyone freaking out so hard about them?

Because Destiny is a loot based game where you are constantly swapping out old stuff for new stuff. Why even have a shader if the item you use it's one use on will either be thrown in the vault or dismantled for parts? I liked having a color scheme that made my spaceman look good/unique. Now I can't really do that because I need to either pay real money or rely on an RNG to shade even a single armor piece that I won't even be always able to wear. Even an endgame character at max light in D1 kept at minimum 3 armor sets (for each subclass). Or what if you want to change up your visuals for a bit? I know that I kept at least a few shaders in rotating use because of that, but now you can't do that because you'll lose whatever you have no matter how hard it was to get in the first place.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

give shaders plox

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

Also the best thing about D2 compared to D1 is no more getting a cool gun/armor and needing to dump motes into it and then needing to use weapon/armor parts and mats to unlock the nodes. Now Just equip it and start shooting dudes. This will be particularly awesome with raid armor next week.

Just googled it and yeah I need this gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4rjTlRVfVE

I've been waiting for 3 years to loving blast cabal through their shields and it's great. The hip fire accuracy on this thing is off the chain.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there isn't a collection for sparrows or ships, right? that's also annoying

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

galagazombie posted:

Because Destiny is a loot based game where you are constantly swapping out old stuff for new stuff. Why even have a shader if the item you use it's one use on will either be thrown in the vault or dismantled for parts? I liked having a color scheme that made my spaceman look good/unique. Now I can't really do that because I need to either pay real money or rely on an RNG to shade even a single armor piece that I won't even be always able to wear. Even an endgame character at max light in D1 kept at minimum 3 armor sets (for each subclass). Or what if you want to change up your visuals for a bit? I know that I kept at least a few shaders in rotating use because of that, but now you can't do that because you'll lose whatever you have no matter how hard it was to get in the first place.

I'm level 17 and already have like 40 shaders. It's not going to be a big deal.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Oldstench posted:

Hunters are good for shooting dudes.
Warlocks are good for shooting dudes.
Titans are good for shooting dudes.

Hth

Cool ty

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

AndrewP posted:

So... if I buy Pop Tarts from Target I get a Sparrow? is that correct?

cause I need some wheels stat, this running around is for the birds

e: that does indeed appear to be how it works, hell yes pop tart time

Sure, but don't count on getting the code back anytime soon

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Life comes at you fast

http://i.imgur.com/fCxL4hS.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

For real though Bungie who greenlighted this poo poo as a "legendary armor" design? I look like a loving drifter

Even the gauntlets are just velcroed on shinguards

Lmao literally a shirt that look like a dish rag and Fischer-Price My First Timberlands

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

we made 3 attempts at the nightfall today and this happened all 3 times

good poo poo

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao if you fail at the nightfall

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lmao if you fail at the nightfall

listen im an idiot who didn't notice the rotating burn notices the first time and got extremely unlucky on the second attempt!!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey all:

IDK If this is a big deal but I noticed the Destiny 2 Collectors Edition was in stock

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

MIDA feels the same, which makes the small differences sit fine. Glad to have it back.

Wardcliff Coil is hilarious. If you can get Heavy ammo while the drops are just off enough for you to run to the other, you can bully that poo poo all match. Splash Damage, doubles, super shutdowns, so fun.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

This has happened to me with Spider Tanks dropping. Twice.

Played my first match of Survival today. Turns out, that mode is really unfun and a huge slog if half your team dcs in the first round!

If anything like that ever happens again I will just throw myself off the goddamned stage over and over until it ends.

EDIT: Looking back at the previous page it looks like being flattened by a Spider Tank or Dropship is less freak occurrence and more Rite of Passage.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 8, 2017

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao literally a shirt that look like a dish rag and Fischer-Price My First Timberlands

:discourse:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
in b4 the legit raid strat is to push the boss off a ledge w/ 6 tractor cannons

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
OMG the sight on the Wardcliff Coil :kimchi:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
And wouldn't you know it, internet outage

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

A few pages back people seemed to agree that EDZ is best for 250-260 but what about prior? Is it the same for >250?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the regional chests in edz will give you 4-5 faction engrams, so it's better to do that after you hit 260. up to 260 can be accomplished anywhere by running public events while doing lost sectors, it doesn't really matter where.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The frozen beam weapon is useful for strikes. People see where you are shooting at and maybe this help with focus fire. It also have the right combination of mag size and damage/second to burn big mobs. It also make sense to me to burn boss. Not a great weapon close range.

Got some titan boots that give me more flyiing speed or time. I have not idea if they even work, but looks like something out of a 80's anime.

I like how you can load a destination, and all the activities there can suck you in and whats just a short visit become a long one. The game is huge in size and scope, theres so much to explore, learn and discover :D

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
disclaimer i've only played a couple hours of the original and i'm only on the second mission on earth but is common gear and weapons from the vendors worth the glimmer or should i be waiting for drops and be buying other stuff (if there is stuff besides gear) or how do i play this game

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

sonicice posted:

disclaimer i've only played a couple hours of the original and i'm only on the second mission on earth but is common gear and weapons from the vendors worth the glimmer or should i be waiting for drops and be buying other stuff (if there is stuff besides gear) or how do i play this game

Just use what you pick up. If you don't meet the level requirement for the next story mission just do public events, challenges and adventures. You'll go broke buying gear and the game shits gear at you.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
http://i.imgur.com/NNDRlB4.mp4

Good to know we all have the same fetish.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

sonicice posted:

Generally is a good idea to use whatever you have that have the higher light level / armour level when leveling. But if you like some weapon and you are into a part of the game that could kill you , it may make sense to use a weapon with less light level but that feel more correct for the encounter you are facing. Like... I don't like to use pistols for hordes of hive. They are too many and I may end reloading the wrong moment (except if the pistol have some crown control feature, like making targets explode). I would probably use any other weapon than a pistol then. This is the exception, you want to use your higher level stuff.

Glimmer come at you so fast that I think makes sense to upgrade armour and weapons when they are offered to you at higher light level. Maybe on the endgame could made sense to wait a bit with the money to see where it makes more sense, but on the leveling phase I don't think 25000 glimmer do any good.

I don't necessarily disagree with Maker of Shoes advice.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Using the jumper control scheme helps with all the double jumping, using a face button just doesn't feel right.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I hate money so I bought this despite feeling meh about Destiny 1 years ago. What tipped me over was learning about the changes to weapon drops, it seems less dumb now. We'll see if it grabs me this time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Getting Stormcaller and hitting 20 simultaneously while also hearing all the hurricane lore bits when I'm about 2 days from being in the direct path of Irma is very surreal. It definitely added impact to that subclass quest in an unusually poignant way. This game's release was what pulled me out of my awful hurricane anxiety. It's funny how things come together sometimes.

I really like being a lightning shooting nature Warlock. All three subclasses are super fun though, I kept leaning towards Dawnblade as my go to but I really can't pick one yet.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

sonicice posted:

I wouldn't recommend usually buying weapons ever during the game unless you see one that checks all your boxes and is a higher light level than what you've got. Armor, though, I would recommend buying whenever you find some that's a higher level than what you have almost all the time. Item drops are influenced by your power level, so buying a set of armor that bumps you up 5 points means the drops are going to take you that much farther.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is this game not gonna be like D1 where very early on you just have infinite glimmer pretty much

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

When you roll an alt it becomes really easy to get poo poo loads of gear. Power levelling nets you heaps of vendor rep which you can then pop with your main for legendaries which you can dismantle or infuse.

For your first run just chuck on whatever is highest light and get rid of anything else. You'll only be stuck with something you don't like for a couple of minutes anyway.

The shader thing is super loving trivial once you hit end game.

I've got all my favourite guns pretty colours and a full set of big red bright titan armor and a whole bunch spare.

Starting to mod my armor now to get the full perk list I want. Stability and cool down mods are the goods.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just got an alert that the clan season begun

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just got an alert that the clan season begun

I think is configured to automatically sent the message when the player reach some level, but still seems disabled (or was yesterday).

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Yeah, no action on clan functionality yet despite that message.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I just wanna say that beating the story's boss by nailing him in the dome with an exploding knife was an A+ experience and I'm glad that I hit 20 doing it so that the meta blended right into the postgame.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Rick_Hunter posted:

http://i.imgur.com/NNDRlB4.mp4

Good to know we all have the same fetish.

Can I get some more context for these? It looks like,you can just get killed while walking around mid mission? Having random instadeath from nowhere seems unfun as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/rBfR1V8.gifv