Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the only problem with the theory is that he doesn't tell people how much he loves weed constantly or how unaddicted he is to it while being unable to go without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That's because he doesn't smoke weed.

He's an alcoholic.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

The Grateful Dead is a really good fight, maybe one of Araki's best. The cast of VA may look like overdesigned gimps but they really can Stand Battle.

The moment when Pesci goes from bumbling comic relief to one of the most hardcore and determined of all JJBA side villains is amazing.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Just killed a man for the first time... ♬

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pigbuster posted:

The moment when Pesci goes from bumbling comic relief to one of the most hardcore and determined of all JJBA side villains is amazing.

doesn't his beach boy change design after that too?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
HANG THE gently caress ON. THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE GREATFUL DEAD WE SEE A WOMAN GETTING AFFECTED BY IT. JOJOS IS BULLSHIT.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

Same but also this dude

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Pesci's heel turn for lack or a better phrase wa loving tight and showed off Beach Boys true power.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

yeah actually they will posted:

HANG THE gently caress ON. THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE GREATFUL DEAD WE SEE A WOMAN GETTING AFFECTED BY IT. JOJOS IS BULLSHIT.

Not the first time araki has changed a power partway through something or messed around with what a power does. Especially in part 5.

There was that whole It Follows bit of jojolion where at one point Gappy got grabbed but he was fine and then later the baby grabbed the same spot and he wasn't fine. Part 5 had Black Sabbath stabbing Gold Experience with the arrow and no requiem stuff happened. Who knows what the gently caress was happening with who shot johnny joestar. Rohan is unable to use heaven's door on himself unless on accident through a situation where he is using it on something that is siphoning off of him/acting like a parasite to him, yet he still uses it on himself during rohan at the louvre.

Though remind me, what is it about a woman being affected in the first chapter that shows that jojo is bs?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's being flippant

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tekin t'piss

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know he is.

I just don't remember what being a woman has to do with it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's to do with temperature and women having lower body heat than men

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I know he is.

I just don't remember what being a woman has to do with it

the reason prosciutto was using greatful dead indiscriminately on the express was because he knew it would affect women at a slower rate than men and that's why trish was relatively unaffected.

remember when rohan said heaven's door only worked on people who were "compatible" with his manga and then he used it on that chicken leg

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

the reason prosciutto was using greatful dead indiscriminately on the express was because he knew it would affect women at a slower rate than men and that's why trish was relatively unaffected.

remember when rohan said heaven's door only worked on people who were "compatible" with his manga and then he used it on that chicken leg

chicken legs love manga tbh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

After Josuke beats the poo poo out of him he says that Heaven's door has grown or w/e

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

After Josuke beats the poo poo out of him he says that Heaven's door has grown or w/e

but! with a caveat!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If a baby has a stronger will than a grown woman, a chicken leg can appreciate manga.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

but! with a caveat!

Rohan's hatred for that shitbag Josuke is so pure. I love in the RPS Kid episode when he sits down he thinks "ah it's Koichi, some girl, Okuyasu, and that shitbag Josuke". I am glad the Lourve retconned Rohan into developing Heaven's Door from insane dedication to art as opposed to the arrow because that made much less sense.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

If a baby has a stronger will than a grown woman, a chicken leg can appreciate manga.

Since it is jojo canon that birds can have souls and powerful wills i will absolutely accept that rohan could use heaven's door on that chicken leg because it came from a chicken that had the potential to appreciate the subtleties and thematic consistency of pink dark boy.

EmmyOk posted:

Rohan's hatred for that shitbag Josuke is so pure. I love in the RPS Kid episode when he sits down he thinks "ah it's Koichi, some girl, Okuyasu, and that shitbag Josuke". I am glad the Lourve retconned Rohan into developing Heaven's Door from insane dedication to art as opposed to the arrow because that made much less sense.

I like how the narration box after highway star reads "afterward, josuke tried to become friends with rohan, but rohan decided that he hated josuke even more instead"

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

EmmyOk posted:

My favorite interpretation of the retcon and the chicken leg is that it's just Rohan making up poo poo to :jerkbag: his ego.

It's also hilarious to me that Josuke has so many people with a grudge against him, a sharp contrast to Good Boy Koichi.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pigbuster posted:

For all the crazy poo poo that comes afterwards, Pesci is still probably the highlight of Part 5.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

EmmyOk posted:

I like that yukako is present in that scene for no real reason other than to show that she and Josuke are at least making an effort to get along

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i think i forgot to post this but if i did you can gaze its beauty again

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's entirely possible rohan didn't know poo poo about his stand and hadn't really used it extensively on people

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Or it just kept growing. I guess you could use the excuse that stands can develop and change along with their user as an excuse for some of the inconsistent powers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's what Araki said the development/potential stat was for and he retroactively gave Hebunz Dooah an A on that

Film Crazy D looks really off without black shrouding his eyes under the helmet.

e: fixed picture for ants

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 8, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
All stats but range are meaningless.

Stands do what they do except sometimes they do it differently.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Stands do whatever is necessary to ensure that cool stuff is currently happening.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurora posted:

it's entirely possible rohan didn't know poo poo about his stand and hadn't really used it extensively on people

Rohan at the Louvre contradicts this, he uses Heaven's Door when he's a teen and has clearly had it for a while and knows what it does.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i think i forgot to post this but if i did you can gaze its beauty again

do we all have this tie now

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

no but i want one

someone send me theirs.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

no but i want one

someone send me theirs.

Please?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

like its a nice rear end tie but woh boy are the expensive

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
rear end-tie would definitely be a jojo's accessory

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Schwarzwald posted:

rear end-tie would definitely be a jojo's accessory

Swiss Cheese Jimmy Hendrix would have an rear end-tie

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

no that's just a thong

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
A Jojo's character is initially revealed:

"I cannot believe what a scruffy, unappealing little imp this character is, and their 'rear end-tie' accessory is the lamest loving thing. Araki has finally lost his mind."

Three to ten chapters and one striptease and/or attempted murder later:

"I am deeply attracted to this beautiful imp, and I am deeply disappointed rear end-ties aren't sold in stores in my country."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I mean I don't think anyone really got super attached to Pork Pie Hat Kid