Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Here's a controller I'm not a fan of

Made reloading annoying as hell. It's a light gun but you had to pump it to reload and for a game where you're shooting a ton it's just a big pain.

I dunno man some of my best light gun memories in the arcade was with the shotgun controllers. When I was something really young like 9 my friends and I would play carnevil and house of the dead and we'd have 4 kids with 2 shooting and the other 2 would just reload the guns non-stop while they shot, it was stupid but hey.

It was kinda great though because you could just continually shoot while reloading without having to move the gun off-screen like every other light gun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I dunno man some of my best light gun memories in the arcade was with the shotgun controllers. When I was something really young like 9 my friends and I would play carnevil and house of the dead and we'd have 4 kids with 2 shooting and the other 2 would just reload the guns non-stop while they shot, it was stupid but hey.

It was kinda great though because you could just continually shoot while reloading without having to move the gun off-screen like every other light gun game.

Ok now imagine playing without having someone else to reload for you :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I6hh-sHrNE

It makes me sad that typing of the dead 2 never got a release outside of Japan since that would've solved my problems with that game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, sega when are you gonna make a house of the dead that uses the last of the major arcana tarot cards aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

It makes me sad that typing of the dead 2 never got a release outside of Japan since that would've solved my problems with that game

I have, we didn't ALWAYS play that way, it was a rare novelty.

Yes typing of the dead rules. Just get the PC version.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Made reloading annoying as hell. It's a light gun but you had to pump it to reload and for a game where you're shooting a ton it's just a big pain.

I loved that game (it was a House of the Dead knock-off, at least the one that I played) and reloading felt so visceral.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

:would:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I have, we didn't ALWAYS play that way, it was a rare novelty.

Yes typing of the dead rules. Just get the PC version.

But that one isn't Typing of the Dead 2!!

That's Typing of the Dead Overkill. Typing of the Dead 2 is House of the Dead 3.

Sega give me my goddamned boss fights against the moon, the devil, and the high priestess!

Just toss in pentacles, swords, staves, and cups if you think you need more bosses

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_ZJCvqhCrE

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

ToTD2 was the one based off HoTD3, wasn't it? I could have sworn I had a PC copy in English of that game at some point, but maybe it was the Japanese version.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

ToTD2 was the one based off HoTD3, wasn't it? I could have sworn I had a PC copy in English of that game at some point, but maybe it was the Japanese version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiYYyZ4vuSM

It's pc only and Japanese only unfortunately

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel you. My preferred style of light gun is the one where it reloads once it's no longer pointing at the screen, so I could just keep my left hand close to the barrel and cover the sensor with a finger to reload without moving the gun.

To contribute:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5oFUpywVM

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

so i'm playing mario 3d world and i don't think it's very good. cat mario is overpowered to the point where using him makes most platforming challenges piss easy, and yet you can't just not use cat suit because there's specific poo poo you need it for (raising platforms, etc). it's the same bad design choice from 3d land, where it was all raccoon all the time or you can't do some of the flag challenges. it's bad

my niece is going to kick your rear end

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I woke up and my side felt wet. It was blood. There weren't any scratches or punctures or anything and it was all fresh, like, appeared sometime within the minute that I had woken up.

KCB and I have no idea what the gently caress. There was a decent amount of it just smeared on my side.

Wtf

So how're people doing this morning? Hopefully your mornings are less blood-filled than mine.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

gross

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Where on your side was this? I've had nosebleeds while sleeping that left big red puddles on my pillows without me even realizing because I have black pillow covers.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I now have 75 hours in Euro Truck Simulator 2, and I'm reflecting on how glad I am that I got it. This game has been really good for podcast listening, zoning out, and for yesterday, just playing so I could have something simple and rewarding to focus on while I calmed down from an anxiety attack.

Game is good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Where on your side was this? I've had nosebleeds while sleeping that left big red puddles on my pillows without me even realizing because I have black pillow covers.

Torso. I've had nosebleeds at night in the past and I know this wasn't something like that since at least a random night nosebleed would leave blood on my face.

Thankfully I haven't gotten the nosebleeds as much anymore. For a while, they happened with enough frequency that a few of my friends were convinced I was actually an anime protagonist because the nosebleeds first started up the same time I started dating KCB lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

I woke up and my side felt wet. It was blood. There weren't any scratches or punctures or anything and it was all fresh, like, appeared sometime within the minute that I had woken up.

KCB and I have no idea what the gently caress. There was a decent amount of it just smeared on my side.

Wtf

Did you look around for any horse's head?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I suffer from terrible, terrible nosebleeds due to a genetic defect with my nose and blood. It's quite ridiculous but I am used to it. People who see it, however, never are and this is because I will often bleed through my eyes.

I once woke up to my pillow being completely stained red. That was a shock!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

so i'm playing mario 3d world and i don't think it's very good. cat mario is overpowered to the point where using him makes most platforming challenges piss easy, and yet you can't just not use cat suit because there's specific poo poo you need it for (raising platforms, etc). it's the same bad design choice from 3d land, where it was all raccoon all the time or you can't do some of the flag challenges. it's bad

Starting to think the problem here is you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe I should play the Bloodborne DLC soon

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
3d world is good friend

don't obsess over doing like every single challenge or whatever at once and keep going

play

the

game (as toad)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Super Mario 3D World would be perfect for the Switch.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe I should play the Bloodborne DLC soon

It's good. Really good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

3D World gets pretty dang hard towards the end, especially the bonus worlds. All the aids in the world (cat suits, Peach or especially Rosalina) will not avail you.

To me 3D World is weirdly underrated, I guess because of the Wii U factor? I'd easily consider it one of the best Mario titles ever made, up there with the Galaxies and World, but it's usually just a footnote in any conversation about the franchise. Beating Champion's Road is one of my most cherished gaming accomplishments.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 8, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Champions road 3D world is the only Mario level I never beat...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

To me 3D World is weirdly underrated, I guess because of the Wii U factor? I'd easily consider it one of the best Mario titles ever made, up there with the Galaxies and World, but it's usually just a footnote in any conversation about the franchise. Beating Champion's Road is one of my most cherish gaming accomplishments.

3D World is the best Mario game ever made.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Wtf

So how're people doing this morning? Hopefully your mornings are less blood-filled than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXBBGjUjy2c

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

which D-Pad was worse: N64, Dreamcast, or X360? The first two are rough as gently caress. One's too concave, the other is somehow raised too much to do anything without hurting.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
All these controllers would've come in handy when I was trying to make a sick Star Trek ship design joke in a different thread

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

even if the n64 dpad was bad, who would know

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

which D-Pad was worse: N64, Dreamcast, or X360? The first two are rough as gently caress. One's too concave, the other is somehow raised too much to do anything without hurting.

The R-Zone

The tips are pointed and the corners where the cross meets are too, so you have to stab yourself to do anything.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

even if the n64 dpad was bad, who would know

Mischief Makers would know

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Regy Rusty posted:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

That's why I chose not to become a game reviewer/critic, because I know deep down I have terrible opinions and bad taste

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

vermin posted:

That's why I chose not to become a game reviewer/critic, because I know deep down I have terrible opinions and bad taste

As for me, I am barred from the profession because my gameplay skills are too sick+nasty and would make all my colleagues look bad :cool:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've decided to write game reviews, but not criticise them. I'm going to go against the grain!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Mischief Makers would know

this was legit my first thought when thinking about the N64 control pad

VideoGames posted:

I've decided to write game reviews, but not criticise them. I'm going to go against the grain!

reviews with no critique in them will get old real fast unless they're all Kirby games, which are perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

FirstAidKite posted:

I just got a nosebleed. Those always happen when I'm going thru a flu, and this was no exception.

I have to clean the carpet. Damnit.

• Locked thread