Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Elmon posted:

Not really sure why we are fighting them/they fighting us.

The Traveler visited them at some point and built them up just like humans however it bolted the second it sensed "THE DARKNESS" coming. The event was called "The Whirlwind". They've been chasing the Traveler to get it back ever since. This was never explained in game during Destiny 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think there are a couple lines but yeah not much and also who cares god pekoe it's a loot game you are going to play repetitively who cares about voice lines or plot ughhh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Like everyone else said, your character had a bunch of voiced lines in D1. But they used different voice actors depending on what race/gender you chose, and Bungie would have had to pay all of them to come back every expansion & sequel. So that's why you don't say poo poo from Dark Below onward

It doesn't matter anyway, this isn't Mass Effect

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Traveler visited them at some point and built them up just like humans however it bolted the second it sensed "THE DARKNESS" coming. The event was called "The Whirlwind". They've been chasing the Traveler to get it back ever since. This was never explained in game during Destiny 1.

I also never played D1. Seems like reading up on the lore of the first game might be a good idea.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Elmon posted:

I also never played D1. Seems like reading up on the lore of the first game might be a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI

It's 90 minutes long but it goes over everything: pre game timeline and in-game timeline.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Elmon posted:

Here's a quick recap:
Traveller good but aloof.
Humans strong from Traveller for a while.
Darkness bad.
Darkness come.
Traveller turn off, Ghosts pop out.
You reborn immortal to shoot bads in face.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI

It's 90 minutes long but it goes over everything: pre game timeline and in-game timeline.

Thanks! When I get back home I'l give it a watch.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
So if a Ghost has a perk that says they gain telemetry data from void/ark/solar kills for the gunsmith, what does that do? I've gotten some ark kills with one but nothing seems to change, no meter goes up and nothing is in my inventory. Advice?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It was but only briefly and obliquely. They refer to the Traveler as "The Great Machine" and worship the servitors and orbs and poo poo because of it.

Some of the Oryx raid gear has lines about various Kell freaking out as Oryx fucks their poo poo because the Traveler ran.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

LawfulWaffle posted:

So if a Ghost has a perk that says they gain telemetry data from void/ark/solar kills for the gunsmith, what does that do? I've gotten some ark kills with one but nothing seems to change, no meter goes up and nothing is in my inventory. Advice?

Gunsmith rep

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FordCQC posted:

Gunsmith rep

Holy poo poo, that's a good perk for general usage.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Oldstench posted:

Here's a quick recap:
Traveller good but aloof.
Humans strong from Traveller for a while.
Darkness bad.
Darkness come.
Traveller turn off, Ghosts pop out.
You reborn immortal to shoot bads in face.

It's a bit more nuanced than that
Darkness bad
Darkness come
Traveler try to run away but warmachine went bitch you staying to help and shot it super hard to cripple it and force it to make a stand
Traveler turn off, etc

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Mods please change the thread tag to FALCONRY, tia.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are bounties back in the game? Do you unlock them after finishing the campaign like patrols?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Each planet has 3 bounties but they are called Challenges and are turned into with Ikora. They refresh each day.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

So I played a little pvp last night

Joined 3 matches in progress. Took forever to find matches.

Did they just carry over SBMM from D1? Fuckng balls

Pvp in the game is loving terrible, hth

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

It's a bit more nuanced than that
Darkness bad
Darkness come
Traveler try to run away but warmachine went bitch you staying to help and shot it super hard to cripple it and force it to make a stand
Traveler turn off, etc

That's wrong and has always been wrong and is fully confirmed as wrong in game during destiny 2 you moron

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I hope they do whatever those are too

RE: This:

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem_Rift

Diablo 3 instanced procedurally-generated dungeon crawl game mode with progressively more challenging monsters/better loot showers at the end depending on skill level selected. Kinda Court of Oryx or Prison of Elders, just a whole RNG level instead of a single arena.

strangemusic posted:

Mods please change the thread tag to FALCONRY, tia.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It loving owns that in game in Destiny 2 it explicitly says "The Traveler Made The Choice To Stay And Fight This Time" and yet we still got people bad at reading comprehension talking about Rasputin because they did a bad reading of the D1 Grimoire and think they are cool.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kind of silly how the character isn't voiced, but it's funny how they lampshade it by having your Ghost blatantly interrupt you when you were about to speak.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It seems less good than D1. Bad sign.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't worry when they see the player population tank hard after finishing the raid and not migrating into crucible, they'll start making knee-jerk reactions.

I predict that in February we'll see a big rollback to make crucible more D1 style.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I played my 2 measly games of PVP last night just to check it out on my level 11 hunter and won both games with around 3.00 and 4.00 with a pubby on my team dropping out each match lol. These dudes were comically bad! Like running around pillars in a circle while I plugged their butts with bullets. The second game I did had more competent pubbies but still featured dudes who didn't know how to aim a gun or use powers correctly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

It seems less good than D1. Bad sign.

It's been p funny to hear experiences play out via massive party chat exactly as I had foretold

If you do insist on playing, you better always roll a 4 stack because it's easy to put one together so you'll probably be playing against one.

4v4 will be the death of casual drop in PvP. Everyone will only play once they have a full 4, and it will never be like D1 where you could roll with 2 or 3 in control and have a reasonable chance of winning.

Some people love it, and I can totally get why, but every mode will be like the skirmish playlist from D1, which was fun to play every once in a while but you had to be a real shithead to live in it.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 8, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

its especially bad right now sense every dingdong and their brother are playing to complete the easy "finish 2 matches in QP and comp" milestones.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It was fun hearing ten different people get to 69 light in the first night in party chat and telling everyone about it so we could all say nice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

moist turtleneck posted:

It was fun hearing ten different people get to 69 light in the first night in party chat and telling everyone about it so we could all say nice

nice

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's wrong and has always been wrong and is fully confirmed as wrong in game during destiny 2 you moron

Listen up you son of bitch I'm barely on mission 3 and I don't even know if there's a codex in here to tell me about the game's plot

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

Listen up you son of bitch I'm barely on mission 3 and I don't even know if there's a codex in here to tell me about the game's plot

I will hold you down and jackhammer your rear end, anime style

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh my god there's a Hedo Rick exotic emote, they actually did it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is this game good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait until the Rasputin expansion swerves both sides of that argument

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh... I got to the Shard of the Traveler quest. Died to some of them Marauder folk. Armed with just Hawthorne's Jury-Rigged Shootman Device 0.5 and A Really Cool Shotgun. And an SMG that pisses blue poo poo, I dunno.

Rolled Titan because I figured everyone and their loved ones were rolling the poo poo outta Hunter/Warlock. What am I in for.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This is the only PvP i've done so far

https://i.imgur.com/lmOBY8f.gifv

also lmao check out my elite's stick drift in that first burst :negative:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don't dislike the pvp too much but I can't wait for Bungie to poo poo themselves and make it 6v6 like it should be already.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Oldstench posted:

I mean, the Vex are time-hopping semi-organic hive-minded robots who turn planets into computers.
The Hive are space-crustaceans who wield black magic and worship death.
The Fallen...well, they're pretty lame too.

But the Cabal are the worst.

I like the Fallen the best. not because of their story or anything they just look cool

the Hive always have good late 90's ebm/industrial stuff going on though

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I liked the Cabal in D1 best because they stood up straight and their brains flew out in fireworks when you headshot them.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Is pvp queuing really slow for everyone? As of last night every game I queue for takes 3+ minutes to fill up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Clan stuff has gone live - hit up Hawthorn to get your sweet goon poop sock clan banner

e: you have to relog to make it pop

kecske fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 8, 2017