Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

this loving guy, when we do get single payer or the nuclear holocaust i hope someone strings baucus from a lamppost by his intestines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

like everyone in politics is a narcissist

Venuz Patrol posted:

are you really still on about that fake poo poo

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

:qq: she just didn't want a longer commute, the opposition to integration was just an unfortunate coincidence :qq:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

compare

and

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/906201196372918273

contrast

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

R. Mute posted:

hillary never disrespected the wu-tang clan

well you know she's got a public opinion and a private one

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

remember when Obama promised to walk a picket line lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/08/bernie-backers-attacks-infuriate-democrats-242386

quote:

Prominent Democrats are increasingly riled by attacks from Bernie Sanders' supporters, whose demands for ideological purity are hurting the party ahead of the 2018 midterms and 2020 presidential election, they say.

But it’s not just the outside agitators that Democratic lawmakers, operatives, and activists are annoyed with: They’re tired of what they see as the senator’s hesitance to confront his own backers, either in public or through back channels.

Tensions boiled over recently when a handful of Sanders loyalists bashed freshman Sen. Kamala Harris — a rising star in the party and potential 2020 hopeful — as an establishment tool. Democrats were also rankled that other prominent Sanders allies said support for single-payer health care should be a litmus test for candidates.

In response, Democratic senators and outside groups have begun telling Sanders and friendly intermediaries that if he wants to be a leading figure for Democrats ahead of 2020’s presidential election, he needs to get his supporters in line — or at least publicly disavow their more incendiary statements.

The confrontations, they insist, threaten party unity ahead of a critical midterm election cycle, when Democrats have a shot at winning the House and several governor’s offices.

“The Democratic Party has treated Senator Sanders exceptionally well. We collectively let him run in our primaries when he declared he wasn’t a Democrat — I count that as a great favor, and an opportunity almost no one else has ever received,” said former Democratic National Committee chairman Don Fowler, who has called for the independent Sanders to formally join the party.

“I don’t know what his intentions are in terms of the future,” Fowler added, referring to the senator's willingness to corral his supporters. “Senator Sanders has to make his own decisions about what’s responsible to do."

the whole article is a hilarious :qq:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
there's a picture of samantha bee enjoying a glass of hot chocolate with glenn beck that could not be more exemplary of how upper class journalists and pundits treat politics like a game, but for some reason the lunatic fringe just goes straight for the most tenuous fake story ever, every time

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

remember when Obama promised to walk a picket line lol

I think about it everyday zeg.

Glad he had fun in whore island tho.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when Wisconsin almost had a civil war over worker's rights and President Obama said "hmm, this seems bad, wish there was something we could do about it."

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

comedyblissoption posted:

it's different this time because now the credit bubble popped and the vast majority of americans are having to face the reality that their economic station is going to worsen and not get better as it has in the past

previously people would be able to laugh off the predicted reckoning because credit still let american quality of life improve even though median americans haven't received a real wage increase since the 70s

The 1970s-early 80s were also a time of economic crisis and deindustrialization, they voted in a guy who hosed them over with policy because he was such great friendly guy who you like to have beer with

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

from that Muslim Bernie supporting woman to Heather, leftist women are little more than silent consumables to liberals. Absolutely disgusting objectification that exemplifies the vile sexism ingrained into our political system.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

It's uncanny

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Frijolero posted:

Remember when Wisconsin almost had a civil war over worker's rights and President Obama said "hmm, this seems bad, wish there was something we could do about it."

Do I ever

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

um all of these are just Daou tweets though?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Venuz Patrol posted:

there's a picture of samantha bee enjoying a glass of hot chocolate with glenn beck that could not be more exemplary of how upper class journalists and pundits treat politics like a game, but for some reason the lunatic fringe just goes straight for the most tenuous fake story ever, every time

:thunk:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Venuz Patrol posted:

glenn beck have became pretty sane in 2016

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
the silver lining in the cloud is that hillary is releasing the book in 2017 instead of 2018 or 2020

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Venuz Patrol posted:

she got a ton of poo poo for that stunt she pulled with glenn beck. furthermore why are you acting like upper class people making sure poors don't have access to their kid's top tier schools is even remotely "lunatic" or "fringe" when it's a very common and well documented problem?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
if you think about it, Hillary is merely "heightening the contradictions" inside the democratic party and thus intensifying the revolution

isn't this what you guys wanted

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

she got a ton of poo poo for that stunt she pulled with glenn beck. furthermore why are you acting like upper class people making sure poors don't have access to their kid's top tier schools is even remotely "lunatic" or "fringe" when it's a very common and well documented problem?

if it were well documented maybe there would be something from samantha bee on the subject instead of a talk her husband gave to the city council that was dumped at her feet

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fortunately Glenn Beck is dead now.

or at least any relevance he will ever have is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Then incompetent leaders like Obama wonder why state after state goes red at the state level.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Venuz Patrol posted:

if it were well documented maybe there would be something from samantha bee on the subject instead of a talk her husband gave to the city council that was dumped at her feet

hm oh word

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait for florida to be blown up in a nuclear firestorm

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Venuz Patrol posted:

sam bee swinging with glenn beck has zero loving impact on peasant lives

sam bee interfering with school placement has a pretty loving measurable impact on peasant lives

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

why do you care about policy? look at these personalities

ignorant peasants

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

sam bee interfering with school placement has a pretty loving measurable impact on peasant lives

Rich canadian immigrants don't want the wrong type of kid attending their upper west side public school.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

she got the IBS

Insane in the Bernbrain Syndrome

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
release the tax returns bernie

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Since the results of the election Hillary diehards have argued the following of why Hillary lost:

- Americans were too socially conservative and thus too sexist to vote for a woman president (debunked when it was shown many Obama counties switched to Trump)

- Trump was mastermind and was unbeatable (debunked due to... LMFAO)

- Third Party voters (debunked as it was unlike ly that enough of them would chose Hillary over Trump if given the choice, or that they wouldn't just sit home)

- It was BernieBros fault (debunked as the overwhelming vast majority of Bernie supporters voted for Hillary)

- Russia (debunked because Hillary handled her scandals in the worst possible fashion)

- The Algorithm -Debunked as the people who made it told Hillary that according to their predict in the swing states were far from safe)

- BernieBros again (Debunked as more '08 Hillary voters went PUMA then Sanders supporters who voted Trump

Yeah I think that about covers it. Wonder what's next?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

compare

and

https://twitter.com/KGeee/status/906214939366498306

contrast

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bad dems don't believe in direct action

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

sam bee swinging with glenn beck has zero loving impact on peasant lives

sam bee did not interfere with school placement

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

says that the co-sponsors will appear with him. are there any besides Harris and Warren? i haven't been watching closely.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

Yes, presidential politics is like 90% personality of candidate and maybe 10% something else

when's the last time someone with better policy but shittier personality won a presidential election in the US since JFK?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

she got the IBS

Insane in the Bernbrain Syndrome

Watching bad dems and Hillary surrogates go after Bernie is like when random wasteland thugs try to beat up Kenshiro

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

says that the co-sponsors will appear with him. are there any besides Harris and Warren? i haven't been watching closely.

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

pls Cory Booker so this thread immolates

• Locked thread