Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have no real objection to the Hive per se but I'm just tired of them, they got so much attention and playtime in D1 and I want to shoot something else for a while.

Bungie's going to introduce a 16-man PVP mode but make it 4v4v4v4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

Is pvp queuing really slow for everyone? As of last night every game I queue for takes 3+ minutes to fill up

I've only gotten into one game at all and that one took 10 minutes to start

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is the only PvP i've done so far

https://i.imgur.com/lmOBY8f.gifv

also lmao check out my elite's stick drift in that first burst :negative:

What emote is that? I scored the table flip one in the freebie Bright Engram and I'm sad that there's only room for one custom emote on the d-pad.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
As if Rasputin could have stopped the Traveler even if he wanted to. She "held power over him", he wasn't powerful enough. But now he's not longer just a Warmind, so...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LawfulWaffle posted:

What emote is that? I scored the table flip one in the freebie Bright Engram and I'm sad that there's only room for one custom emote on the d-pad.

It's called something like "starter dance" and yeah it sucks that there's still only one emote slot.

My first bright engram gave me the ship Titans had in the beta and the sixgun emote.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

LawfulWaffle posted:

Dot remember the name but got it the same way

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

Is pvp queuing really slow for everyone? As of last night every game I queue for takes 3+ minutes to fill up

Played 4 games this morning, all games took about 3 minutes to pop. Playing on PS4.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm not gonna play pvp at least until my hands recover from holding an elite controller for 69 hours straight.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Huxley posted:

I liked the Cabal in D1 best because they stood up straight and their brains flew out in fireworks when you headshot them.

That's not their brains you imbecile. You loving moron.

(you pop their helmet off and the gas in their pressurized suit vents suddenly)

Not sure how Gary can live without a helmet and only needs a Bane mask. If their natural environment is that high pressure his eyes should be doing the Total Recall thing.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

ethanol posted:

Is this game good

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh my god there's a Hedo Rick exotic emote, they actually did it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got two sparrows from my freebie. The red/white crucible one that reloads ammo when you ride it (seems useless) and some neon green/blue one. Wish I got some emotes like you guys. :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't dislike the pvp too much but I can't wait for Bungie to poo poo themselves and make it 6v6 like it should be already.

I posted this and then proceeded to have a 60-46 3 on 4 Clash win where I had 36 kills and a 21 streak. It was the best Destiny match I've ever had and the best multiplayer match I've had in a long rear end time. Maybe it's... good?

until I have my next bad game

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No it means sbmm hasn't decided to gently caress you over yet.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Not sure how Gary can live without a helmet and only needs a Bane mask. If their natural environment is that high pressure his eyes should be doing the Total Recall thing.

Same way there's a whole bunch of people walking around in the Reef despite it being open to vacuum space magic.

I did all of Cayde's treasure maps and it gave me a Ascendant Artichoke which had no use beyond turning it in for glimmer but I did lol heartily.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

xzzy posted:

No it means sbmm hasn't decided to gently caress you over yet.

I mean my main issue right now is the flip flop of awful landslide loss vs somewhat reasonable win. After a few weeks I'm hoping we get something that feels like a nice 50/50 balance but who knows. I really am not hating 4v4 like I wanted to. The action gets going quick enough. Lone wolves running around aimlessly hurt harder for sure though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

4v4 will be the death of casual drop in PvP. Everyone will only play once they have a full 4, and it will never be like D1 where you could roll with 2 or 3 in control and have a reasonable chance of winning.

Yeah you can tell within like three games that if you don't have a full squad you're loving yourself.

I'm looking forward to some clan pvp this weekend!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 8, 2017

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Clans are live, go see Suraya Hawthorne.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have no idea what a hedo rick is and it makes me glad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Does your group stick together? Congrats on a 4-0 stomp in pvp. Do they run around like headless chickens? Make a drink!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Waffle House posted:

RE: This:

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem_Rift

Diablo 3 instanced procedurally-generated dungeon crawl game mode with progressively more challenging monsters/better loot showers at the end depending on skill level selected. Kinda Court of Oryx or Prison of Elders, just a whole RNG level instead of a single arena.

When Destiny 1 launched, all I wanted was for them to make proc-gen dungeons we could explore. For a game about a solar-system-spanning ruined civilization, going back to the same places over and over again felt so small and limited compared to the story they'd pitched in the lead up.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm worried about getting into this game because I don't care for the concept of premade teams going up against non-premade teams. What's the situation on that for PVP?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Proc gen is stupid. It only means you have an infinite number of caves that all look pretty much the same. Instead of a handful of caves created by an actual artist.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Yeah I did a Lost Sector last night that was amazing. It started with a cave entrance that was so dark I couldn't even tell it was an entrance and then when I got through the darkness it was a huge underground cavern that was beautiful. And that was just one of them. I can't wait to explore more.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh my god there's a Hedo Rick exotic emote, they actually did it

If you are for some reason not pulling my leg, please cap and post immediately

doingitwrong posted:

When Destiny 1 launched, all I wanted was for them to make proc-gen dungeons we could explore. For a game about a solar-system-spanning ruined civilization, going back to the same places over and over again felt so small and limited compared to the story they'd pitched in the lead up.

Seriously gunning for a scrambly-crazy loot and shoot in a future release.

edit: Agreed w/ Tei as below VVVVVVVV but if you had a lot of small detailed tiles that linked together, like the famous GBS Blue Ball Machine thread, that might look better.

I saw a suggestion on reddit once like this that was basically just a big, narrow-gap jumping puzzle made out of those warping vex tiles, but tbh this may not be something that's as possible as I'd like on a multiplatform game; if I'm correct that also has way different mass-hosting requirements, as well.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 8, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

xzzy posted:

Proc gen is stupid. It only means you have an infinite number of caves that all look pretty much the same. Instead of a handful of caves created by an actual artist.

Have his uses, but yea.

Edit:

hell yea, the Guild screen is active. And I am still on this lovely guild of people that don't play anymore :(

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Thinking about quitting solely because you can still only equip one emote. It's just about the worst decision for a game based on paying money to look stupid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kiranamos posted:

Thinking about quitting solely because you can still only equip one emote. It's just about the worst decision for a game based on paying money to look stupid.

I mean it doesn't really bother me but it does baffle me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You'd make sense if this was a game about emotes.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Joined Biggest Dumbest Space Men as LeafyOrb.

Are clan limits still 100 people? We're getting pretty close to that again.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
The clan link just puts me to a 500: Internal Server Error page. Is there no way to search and join the clan from within the game?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

LeafyOrb posted:

yeah it's getting close AGAIN. time for #4

Soma Soma Soma posted:

The clan link just puts me to a 500: Internal Server Error page. Is there no way to search and join the clan from within the game?

https://discord.gg/vcvMrm hop into discord, post your PSN, ask for someone to invite you in-game maybe? since there's an in-game interface for accepting invites, just not searching for clans

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Future release wishlist:

With all this new scenery, I wish they'd add "seats" in the tower cafe area, and also in the new faction areas (Looking at you, FWC and New Monarchy) so people could BE PART OF THE SCENERY and hang out and look stylish if they're idling in the tower or something.

I don't know how "seats" work with this game, though, so I don't know the veracity of Interact Button => Play static or looping animation in scripted location.

LeafyOrb posted:

Yep. I've promoted a crack team of ace button pressers and cool posters to administrate #3 in anticipation of this. I'm taking suggestions for [KINK] clan #4's name.

edit:

Soma Soma Soma posted:

This is #3. I periodically get Cloudflare errors right now trying to do anything on the clans page, it looks like Bungie is getting haaaammered:
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2163070

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just picked this up on PS4, will probably try to join the goon group later today (though I'm kinda confused about the Discord thing - I thought that was just for PC? I haven't played many PS4 games with goons so I dunno how all that works).

Couple quick questions - does it matter when I redeem the Coldheart weapon? Like should I wait until I'm max level or does the whole scaling system make it irrelevant?

And are these EDZ token things common enough that I should just turn them in to the sniper guy in the church for reputation, or do I hold onto those? I haven't actually seen anyone else that even takes them yet, I don't think.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

jokes posted:

I'm worried about getting into this game because I don't care for the concept of premade teams going up against non-premade teams. What's the situation on that for PVP?

In the casual queue I haven't noticed it. In the 4 games of Competitive queue I played my enemies were a finely tuned high precision squad of 4 elite powerfuckers who were born to play Destiny.

I don't know if there's a way to check if the enemy team is grouped outside of noticing that they always back each other up instantly or they move in a blob of 4. But that might just be good play and teamwork instead of a 4 stack.

Quickplay/Casual is fun at least! If you like Halo shooting you'll get your money's worth with Destiny 2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's a good app you can load on your phone. I think it supports voice as well but I haven't bothered to check.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Just picked this up on PS4, will probably try to join the goon group later today (though I'm kinda confused about the Discord thing - I thought that was just for PC? I haven't played many PS4 games with goons so I dunno how all that works).

Discord is just a chat app, you can use it while playing any game on any platform.

quote:

Couple quick questions - does it matter when I redeem the Coldheart weapon? Like should I wait until I'm max level or does the whole scaling system make it irrelevant?

Coldheart will be given to you at a point where it makes sense; it can be infused up as high as you want after that.

quote:

And are these EDZ token things common enough that I should just turn them in to the sniper guy in the church for reputation, or do I hold onto those? I haven't actually seen anyone else that even takes them yet, I don't think.

That is the only use for EDZ tokens, so may as well. You won't be able to get the rewards until level 20 so right now it makes no difference whether you turn in or hold (if you unlock a reward you can't claim yet the guy stops accepting tokens until you can so there's no chance of losing anything).

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

You'd make sense if this was a game about emotes.

It is

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

strangemusic posted:

Is it me or is Devour completely, utterly broken?

Once you pop it, you either drain grenade energy and immediately restore your health, or melee an enemy and immediately restore your health. From there on out it's a 9-second persistent timer during which anything else you kill in any fashion restores your health. Oh, and the timer resets on kill.

In a PvE situation it's hard NOT to kill something on the order of once every nine seconds once major engagements start.

Activating Devour should change the music to something more fitting for what's going on. Perhaps something along these lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7wzIIx0a0

:unsmigghh:

Also gently caress me I suck at throwing grenades and nova bombs. So many times I've whiffed a shot or smashed the bomb right into the wall next to my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

xzzy posted:

This is why people loved noted good game and cave re-user Dragon Age 2.

Lots of games manage both. Diablo 2&3 have proc-gen areas with great art direction and some set-piece tiles that liven the place up. Bloodborne has huge wonderful artist-made areas and proc-gen dungeons for once the main game gets exhausted. The proc gen levels lose the distinctive character of the crafted areas, sure. But they give you back a continual feeling of "what's in the next room?"

Destiny at launch had a handful of levels that they spread as thin as possible over a pretty small number of missions. In a game that is about doing the same thing over and over again to grind for more loot, it got old very fast which was disappointing because a sense of exploration was part of the selling point for the game. I remember very distinctly going through a Moon mission and then later on going through another mission and realizing it was the exact same environment but I was just going through it backwards.

How is Destiny 2 in this regard? Is there a lot more terrain to cover?