Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Back to farming Raikous then I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Now that the birds are gone is it worth swapping Rock Throw for Mud Slap on my Golems for when Raikou hits Europe?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Julio Cruz posted:

Now that the birds are gone is it worth swapping Rock Throw for Mud Slap on my Golems for when Raikou hits Europe?

Get both if you can. Especially if you're in a rock heavy area like me.

Birds may return who knows.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
If I had (or could get) 6 of each I wouldn't have bothered asking.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 7, 2017

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

I have enough Fast TMs that I changed 2 Golems to Mud Slap, to go with my 4 Mud Slap Earthquake Rhydons.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Julio Cruz posted:

Rhydon is better than Golem when it comes to fighting Raikou.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Julio Cruz posted:

No because you'll want those same exact Golems for Ho-Oh.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Julio Cruz posted:

If I had (or could get) 6 of each I wouldn't have bothered asking.

3 of each bro.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
10% getting the candy and catching a high IV Pokemon to evolve

90% collecting two months' worth of stardust to power up one Pokemon all the way

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Willsun posted:

10% getting the candy and catching a high IV Pokemon to evolve

90% collecting two months' worth of stardust to power up one Pokemon all the way

The stardust struggle is real :negative:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't bother powering pokemon past level 30. I level them up until the Stardust requirement is 6000 then stop. The stardust requirement starts increasing at a ridiculous rate past that point.

Plus there's not such a big difference between a 2900 cp golem vs a 2500 one that it's worth the 60,000+ stardust.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Wanted to grab some candies from a tier one raid today, raid error 33'd out and crashed my client, twice. Had to leave my pass. :discourse:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

kxZyle posted:

Wanted to grab some candies from a tier one raid today, raid error 33'd out and crashed my client, twice. Had to leave my pass. :discourse:

If you contact Niantic, they've been pretty good about replacing passes lost to errors for me and the folks I've been playing with. Takes a few days.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That doesn't replace the time wasted walking to a gym, waiting for people to show up, and as soon as the raid starts your game crashes, meaning you get screwed on premier balls, or you don't get a catch at all.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Nope but it's better than all that and losing a pass

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
By now I hope everyone already plays with the huge disclaimer in their head that Niantic fucks up a lot and you will lose or be glitched out of anything.

I have no frame of reference for how a company like Niantic works but it seems to consist of a CEO that says he very much loves the franchise and he's on "the yellow team or something," 20 executives, 4 guys handling customer service, 1 slave programmer responsible for creating the game, and 1 freelance PR guy they hire on a day-to-day basis when they need to announce a new change in less than 12 hours.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If it weren't for the pokemon license, a game that is as buggy as Pokemon go would have died in the first week. All the latency issues, getting errored out of gyms because you were too fast to jump in and out, dodge glitch, curveball glitch. They've had over a year to fix these but they're swimming in money from raid passes so there's not much point.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it frankly shocks me how many people are willing to dump money on raid passes for their 34th attempt at a "legendary" that's strictly worse than a comparable normal poke

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

seiferguy posted:

If it weren't for the pokemon license, a game that is as buggy as Pokemon go would have died in the first week. All the latency issues, getting errored out of gyms because you were too fast to jump in and out, dodge glitch, curveball glitch. They've had over a year to fix these but they're swimming in money from raid passes so there's not much point.

Over a year and they still haven't fulfilled one of their core promises: Trading

What's it gonna take Niantic, we have been very patient

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
There will never be trading.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Raid eggs are back

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Modus Pwnens posted:

There will never be trading.

When they just flat remove regionals I'd probably agree but I think they're still holding out hope they can find a way to make that feature somehow, and are holding regionals as a reason for it.

So it's a question of will they give up and accept it or actually produce the trading system. Either way it won't be soon!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dr Tran posted:

Raid eggs are back

everyones so mad lol

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Dr Tran posted:

Raid eggs are back

I haven't seen any :shrug:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Psion posted:

When they just flat remove regionals I'd probably agree but I think they're still holding out hope they can find a way to make that feature somehow, and are holding regionals as a reason for it.

So it's a question of will they give up and accept it or actually produce the trading system. Either way it won't be soon!

It's funny because there's like 6 regionals or whatever and nobody gives a poo poo except completionists who will trade ONCE for those regionals and then are done.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I like eggs a lot better. Mainly because I loving hated going out of a gym to take it down, only halfway to get kicked out because a raid started there.

Edit: I can't think of a way trading could be implemented that wouldn't be abused to break the game.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

seiferguy posted:

I like eggs a lot better. Mainly because I loving hated going out of a gym to take it down, only halfway to get kicked out because a raid started there.

Me too. Makes the gym control bonus more of an active aspect of the game instead of a coincidental bonus.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

It's funny because there's like 6 regionals or whatever and nobody gives a poo poo except completionists who will trade ONCE for those regionals and then are done.

Yeah, that's me. I just want to get those and be done. I might trade stuff with friends like "here I have too many 90+ geodudes," but finishing my dex with regionals is all I really care about out of trading.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheMaestroso posted:

Me too. Makes the gym control bonus more of an active aspect of the game instead of a coincidental bonus.

I'm guessing it'll still be based on 24 hour average prior, but yeah.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I conquered a gym on my own!

There was one with a 3k tyranitar as the only occupant, and I managed to kill it in two battles with my 1.2k pinser.

Eat a dick monetization, this cats earning his money.

Also, the iv overlay stuff is super cool, I have what seems to be a near perfect 80-98% natu, but no candies for it.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Every time I go to sleep, or put my phone on silent, a loving Unown pops.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Every time I go to sleep, or put my phone on silent, a loving Unown pops.

This has happened to me twice! Period.

There have never been any other Unown that have spawned around my area, only the odd ones at 3 am in the dead hours of the morning or something

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Raid eggs are loving stupid. All the notifications that come with them are loving stupid as well. Thanks for reading.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Raid eggs are loving stupid. All the notifications that come with them are loving stupid as well. Thanks for reading.

It's almost like Niantic doesn't understand how the game is actually played

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

They could get rid of the notifications, for sure. But otherwise I don't see what's wrong with them, since gyms function exactly the same way otherwise. Knowing a raid is happening in advance gives me time to plan my lunch break.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Yeah I really actually appreciate the Raid Eggs. Knowing in advance where a raid is gonna be gives me much needed prep time.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

seiferguy posted:

They could get rid of the notifications, for sure. But otherwise I don't see what's wrong with them, since gyms function exactly the same way otherwise. Knowing a raid is happening in advance gives me time to plan my lunch break.

But the egg notification is 1 hour and the raid is another hour. Simply having the raid boss visible for two hours instead means more groups can raid over a given time and you have more time to plan a raid around schedules during the day.

The only thing the egg does at this point is give people another hour to attack a gym. Not knowing what 4 or 5 star 'mon pops out is a huge disadvantage as it's harder to rally people around the 4 star raids as is.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
shorter windows are actually better for grouping up without using discord or whatever. I'd far prefer a twenty minute boss window where nearly everyone who's going to be there is there at the same time , instead of a two hour window where you can't bump into randos nearly as easily. that being said the eggs should absolutely tell you what's going to come out

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mastershakeman posted:

shorter windows are actually better for grouping up without using discord or whatever. I'd far prefer a twenty minute boss window where nearly everyone who's going to be there is there at the same time , instead of a two hour window where you can't bump into randos nearly as easily. that being said the eggs should absolutely tell you what's going to come out

Yeah this is also my preference too. I've arrived at too many raids with a group there and they always announce "too late, we just started" and my options are to wait a long rear end time in hopes that another group shows up or find another raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've had surprise raids pop up while I'm about to do normal gym stuff so many times it's ridiculous. I like raid eggs and having a heads up beforehand.

• Locked thread