Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Thank god horvat signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

ThinkTank posted:

Puts then $4.8M under the cap. That team isn't going to win many games, but they're not in cap trouble and can take on a bad contract or two at the deadline, especially with $14M of the Sedins coming off the books next year.

Yeah, if they're accepting of being terrible this season they could probably put together a decent collection of picks by taking some trash and flipping Vanek etc.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thufir posted:

Yeah, if they're accepting of being terrible this season they could probably put together a decent collection of picks by taking some trash and flipping Vanek etc.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like the Sedins will go anywhere but Vanek and Gudbranson will likely be moved at the trade deadline as they're both UFAs next year. Tanev will probably have his name tossed out there, but I doubt he moves this year. If they have another poor season (which they will) it'll be a fire sale on anyone not named Horvat, Boeser, Juolevi, Demko or Petterson.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Perfectly happy with that contract.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It feels like the Sedins have been in the league since 1992.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah, it doesn't sound like the Sedins will go anywhere but Vanek and Gudbranson will likely be moved at the trade deadline as they're both UFAs next year. Tanev will probably have his name tossed out there, but I doubt he moves this year. If they have another poor season (which they will) it'll be a fire sale on anyone not named Horvat, Boeser, Juolevi, Demko or Petterson.

you and I both know Jimmy B will still be talking about making the playoffs come January

e: Horvat contract is okay

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Poor Horvat signing his prime away.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

you and I both know Jimmy B will still be talking about making the playoffs come January

Nah, the Canucks are fully committed to the rebuild at this point. Just about every move Benning has made since the trade deadline has been with that in mind.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/imacSportsnet/status/906201149337767936

oh wow, no NTC? For reals?

grack posted:

Nah, the Canucks are fully committed to the rebuild at this point. Just about every move Benning has made since the trade deadline has been with that in mind.

They've had the gumption to utter the world rebuild I think once, and the context was (iirc) "If that's what the fans want to call it then we'll call it a rebuild". I have zero faith.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm not a logo guy as far as my artistic talent goes, but I had to pay homage to this bad boy.

My man. Beautiful in every way.

E: k, now the rest please.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/906209914632232960

:rip:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahah theeerrre's the flyers goaltending situation we all know and love

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

hahahah theeerrre's the flyers goaltending situation we all know and love

Thank god #1 starting goalie Michael Neuvirth is not at all injury prone.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He couldn't get any trade restrictions until his UFA years anyways (which would only be the last 2 I believe). Still, Horvat is an idiot if he didn't get the bulk of his earnings in signing bonuses. Lockout protection and the joy of compound interest should be the first thing any player asks for.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Thank god #1 starting goalie Michael Neuvirth is not at all injury prone.

GET READY FOR THE CARTER HART EXPERIENCE :pcgaming:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no such thing as injury prone, guys.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Somewhere from behind his toy castle and his toy figurines, Ken Holland looks at this news and has a confused look on his face

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

There's no such thing as injury prone, guys.

Somewhere Beau Bennett nods in agreement, and is then put on the IR for a severe neck strain.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

speaking of no such thing as injury prone, Rick DiPietro's contract would still have 4 active seasons to it if it had not been bought out.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

MononcQc posted:

speaking of no such thing as injury prone, Rick DiPietro's contract would still have 4 active seasons to it if it had not been bought out.

However thanks to his buyout the Islanders will be paying him until Connor McDavid is older than Sidney Crosby is today.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

ThinkTank posted:

However thanks to his buyout the Islanders will be paying him until Connor McDavid is older than Sidney Crosby is today.

And they are paying him as a broadcaster as well!

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

If a guy gets injured a lot you could say hes injury prone. You're allowed as far as i know

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hell yeah wayne gretzky's back

much like the oilers

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Oilers playing Flames tonight baby.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hockey is cool as heck and also almost back. That's nice.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
you can watch the Bruins prospects play the Penguins prospects if you want to, on NHL website. Also Columbus vs Dallas.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/906223849963913216

That's av material right there.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Ginette Reno posted:

Hockey is cool as heck and also almost back. That's nice.

Too bad the NHL is terrible.

Cmon drop the puck already

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Canucks Youngstars tournament featuring the Canucks, Oilers, Flames & Jets prospects starts today so if you really think about it, hockey is already here.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

The Canucks Youngstars tournament featuring the Canucks, Oilers, Flames & Jets prospects starts today so if you really think about it, hockey is already here.

AKA the highlight of the Canucks season. Come see the kids who might lead us to a 7th place finish in 5 years' time!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

* a finger belatedly curls on the monkey paw *

Michel Therrien is now a scout for the Canadiens.

This will never end.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

MononcQc posted:

This will never end.

Please hold on to your FIRE THERRIENs until the draft where they go off the board for a guy from the QMJHL

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MononcQc posted:

This will never end.

:laffo:

new season, where hockey?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MononcQc posted:

This will never end.

"Hey lets draft david desharnais"

We cant do that michel

"Eh, why not?"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Speaking of Therrien, if any Habs' fans want to listen to him throw various players under the bus he did an interview on TSN 690

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/an-honest-conversation-with-michel-therrien-1.850981

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

MononcQc posted:

This will never end.

what

the

gently caress

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

League and PA want to gently caress with ppl even harder by moving to an age 19 draft... cocksuckers...

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

MononcQc posted:

This will never end.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/906261631973384192
https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/906262203430576135

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

The Golden Man posted:

League and PA want to gently caress with ppl even harder by moving to an age 19 draft... cocksuckers...

I wonder what the unintended consequences of this will be? Guessing more euro players staying in Europe vs trying the CHL, maybe some top-level NA 18s too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I have bad news...

• Locked thread