Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

PotatoManJack posted:

This is probably common sense to most players running maps, but I had a bit of an epiphany last night. Rather than doing a single map, then identifying loot, selling loot, organising maps, etc. I go to my stash, drop everything in my inventory into the first tab (labeled dump) and then jump straight into the next map. I do this until my dump tab is full and then I mass identify and sell/organise everything.

As I said, it's probably common sense to most, but it was a break through for me, and the increase in my currency generation is probably 3 fold.

Also, having just bought the premium stash tabs bundle, having a 1 chaos b/o tab is fantastic to chuck in rares that may be worth something.

This is what I use my quad tab for. Also in case any new players don't know, you can use the search function in your stash to make sorting easier. For example, when my quad tab is full I usually search "essence" and then "div" to highlight all the essences and div cards to move them to their respective tabs. Then I do the same for "currency" "map" "unique" etc until I just have rare items left to ID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I would highly recommend following a ED build for your first dude -- following a build seems boring when you're new but by doing it and seeing what works you'll be better suited to make your own builds in the future. This tree you've posted is not very good, I'm sorry to say.

Very very cool thanks for all the advice. I'm obviously new to the game so this helped a lot. I'm probably just going to check out some builds.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 8, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

PotatoManJack posted:

This is probably common sense to most players running maps, but I had a bit of an epiphany last night. Rather than doing a single map, then identifying loot, selling loot, organising maps, etc. I go to my stash, drop everything in my inventory into the first tab (labeled dump) and then jump straight into the next map. I do this until my dump tab is full and then I mass identify and sell/organise everything.

As I said, it's probably common sense to most, but it was a break through for me, and the increase in my currency generation is probably 3 fold.

Also, having just bought the premium stash tabs bundle, having a 1 chaos b/o tab is fantastic to chuck in rares that may be worth something.

i started to do this then i stopped because i would just keep filling up a new tab not wanting to spend 10-15 mins to empty out the dump tab.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Devor posted:

Just a public service reminder that if you list an item for sale and get a whisper very quickly - wait a few moments to see if you get a bunch more whispers. These are people automating their own searches on the Trade API to find underpriced items, and frontrun them before they show on poe.trade

I listed an okay ring for 1 Chaos, and got 5-6 messages, checked poe.trade for equivalents, and got 20C after relisting and waiting half an hour.

It's sort of a tragedy of the commons - if all the relisters played it cooler, they could grab a lot more of those cheap rings without setting off the :siren:GOOD LOOT ALARM:siren:. But no one wants to be the last person to whisper a dumb idiot like me, so I get tons of people whispering instantly

theres plenty of idiots who will sell it to you if you whisper first and instantly after putting it into their sell tab that it doesn't matter. I was buying agnerod staffs a few leagues ago for 4c cheaper then the normal price all day. And this was from people I'd instantly whisper the second my scanner showed it.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

The Wonder Weapon posted:

This is good? I would have never guessed

I run RF so life regen and survivability are at a premium. Trying to figure out if it's worth Elreon meta modding.

nerox
May 20, 2001
What do people use to do direct trade api scanning?

I remember seeing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6riw0c/poe_scambot_item_sniper_first_full_release/

But it says it pulls the api every 3-4 seconds @ 5mb each time, for 4 gigs an hour while running and I worry about my stupid internet's data caps.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress craigk forever

Craig K fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 8, 2017

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Why don't you just make your fort stricter if you spend that much time sorting? I spend maybe 20s after a map identifying and looking at the couple of items that I actually loot and price them later of they are not garbage., everything else gets vendored. I don't think I spend more than 30s in my hideout between maps if I'm chaining them.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think it's a good idea to sort your currency and cards and essences as soon as you finish a map, because that's easy and the items don't need to be shift-clicked into your inventory first.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

One of the perks of having a real strict loot filter is that you can ID/vendor everything in about the same time that it takes for the new map to load up, and then just dump currency/cards into the stash when your inventory starts filling up.

Also having to sort currency/cards is a real good reason to buy currency/div card tabs.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress craigk forever

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
My enjoyment of the game went up immensely after I bought the currency and div card stash tabs. I think I've gotten more satisfaction out of the currency tab than I have from some actual complete games I've purchased.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SynthesisAlpha posted:

My enjoyment of the game went up immensely after I bought the currency and div card stash tabs. I think I've gotten more satisfaction out of the currency tab than I have from some actual complete games I've purchased.

We are all fundamentally broken.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I don't think you can reasonably play this game without a currency tab (I tried), but the div one isn't necessary. Just pick a tab that's all your div cards on the left so you can still just shift-click them into stash without paying attention

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I don't think you can reasonably play this game without a currency tab (I tried), but the div one isn't necessary. Just pick a tab that's all your div cards on the left so you can still just shift-click them into stash without paying attention

imagine I posted the stack of 666 storm cloud div cards that I picked up over the last few leagues. Can't get that sort of satisfaction in a normal tab.

e. also seeing the div card art is nice. Def. not mandatory, but it just feels nice.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 8, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't see the point of a div card tab, just put them all in a normal tab and turn them in when enough of their numbers turn blue.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
There's some pretty good art on the cards, I have to admit. True, if you have to choose one tab currency wins hands down, but divination isn't a bad purchase and it saves a tab for whatever other purpose you want.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

There are also more div cards than there are slots in a normal stash tab, so over the course of a league that poo poo can get real messy.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I think you really have to play a LOT to truly benefit from the div card tab. Same for the essence tab, but less severely. I played a fuckin ton of legacy league and while it came close, I never actually filled up a normal tab with div cards.

If you play near the frequency that a streamer does, for instance, I'd say each of the specialized tabs would be a must. Anything less than that and I'd say to only get the currency tab, and maybe the essence tab too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mr. Despair posted:

There are also more div cards than there are slots in a normal stash tab, so over the course of a league that poo poo can get real messy.

You really don't need to be hoarding those carrion crow cards.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Essence tab is worth it for the upgrade button alone. gently caress janitoring that poo poo.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Div card and essence tabs sort poo poo for you which is nicw

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Since we're talkin tabs, am I alone in thinking that slightly shrinking the crafting slot in the currency tab was unnecessary and looks awkward? I need to see my links in full size

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I got the currency tab when I came back & I'm considering spending $5 on the game, what tab/tabs should I get? I don't even know how much $5 is, but I assume it's enough for a specialized tab or two?

e: I bought the currency tab with some of the 100 you get for free, so I think I have 30 left, if that matters.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 8, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Points are 10 = $1. Div tab is 40, Essence 40, Quad is 150.

Also, wait for the weekend stash tab sale, which I want to say is next week (they run 'em every 3 weeks).

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I don't regret Currency, Divination or Essence tabs. I do regret that there isn't a tab to organize mapping stuff.

Also, now that I am encountering Breaches, I might run out of room for currency types? That's kind of a bummer.

Still, in a loot hoarding game, easy ways to organize loot are always good. I would have saved literal hours playing Diablo 2 if there had been a rune tab like the essence tab.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover brilliant idea time. Tidebreaker flicker strike slayer using warden bands.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

I don't regret Currency, Divination or Essence tabs. I do regret that there isn't a tab to organize mapping stuff.

Also, now that I am encountering Breaches, I might run out of room for currency types? That's kind of a bummer.

Still, in a loot hoarding game, easy ways to organize loot are always good. I would have saved literal hours playing Diablo 2 if there had been a rune tab like the essence tab.

I put Breach splinters in my map tab.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

Duck and Cover brilliant idea time. Tidebreaker flicker strike slayer using warden bands.

30%? How do you plan to sustain?

nerox
May 20, 2001

NofrikinfuN posted:

Essence tab has room for breach splinters.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

whypick1 posted:

I put Breach splinters in my map tab.

nerox posted:

Essence tab has room for breach splinters.

Both interesting ideas. What are breach splinters used for, anyway?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Breach#Breach_items

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

NofrikinfuN posted:

Both interesting ideas. What are breach splinters used for, anyway?

100 of them turn into a breachstone, which you can use like a map. So they go in the maps tab.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah I throw breach splinters into my unique maps tab together with atziri frags and uberlab offerings

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

30%? How do you plan to sustain?

I think it would be enough for anything but bosses. I'd try red trail but if everything is stunned I'm unsure how to maintain bleed on myself. Maybe raider makes more sense but free splash on slayer would feel better.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The currency tab has room for Esh, Xoph, Tul, and Uul-Netol shards. Cahyula ones are rare enough that they can go in the essence tab, which only has room for 3 anyways.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bugsy posted:

The currency tab has room for Esh, Xoph, Tul, and Uul-Netol shards. Cahyula ones are rare enough that they can go in the essence tab, which only has room for 3 anyways.

OCD detected, method not compatible.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nerox posted:

What do people use to do direct trade api scanning?

I remember seeing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6riw0c/poe_scambot_item_sniper_first_full_release/

But it says it pulls the api every 3-4 seconds @ 5mb each time, for 4 gigs an hour while running and I worry about my stupid internet's data caps.

A super heavily modified version of that. There's no way around it if you have a data cap, also 4gigs an hour is super low lol when the league is new it's more like 10 gb/hour.

There's a low bandwidth version called Poe.trade :smuggo:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

OCD detected, method not compatible.

use your ancient orbs as soon as you get one so they never take up a space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I'm running a cyclone berserker and I'm wondering if I should take Iron Reflexes. I am already pathed next to it for Vitality Void so it would only be one point. I have approximately the same amount of armor and evasion. I can't seem to find a solid answer. The build I'm following doesn't specifically say take it but from what I have begun to gather, the build is a rough guide and doesn't point out some "obvious" things that aren't so obvious to a new person like me so maybe I'm missing it.

edit: my profile - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beejaywl/characters