Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Everybody hates on waterworld but I think its a pretty decent and somewhat original film, if messy.

But you gotta wonder why they don't just distill the water in the ocean rather than piss...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Haha, jk, it will still run badly. Just having a laugh with you guys, my game's chat thread friends.

Its not even running on consoles yet. Pax rumors that windows notices were popping up on the kiosks and the bones werent plugged in

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

thats believable

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Parakarry is real and strong and my friend

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
In one of the Mario RPGs does a Koopa or Goomba ever say something like "Back in the war I would've killed you" or "you jumped on my best friend"

Is the Count from Sesame Street a vampire? Does he kill people and drink their blood?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

vermin posted:

In one of the Mario RPGs does a Koopa or Goomba ever say something like "Back in the war I would've killed you" or "you jumped on my best friend"

Is the Count from Sesame Street a vampire? Does he kill people and drink their blood?

I think there's a hammer bro in the Thousand Year Door wrestling chapter who talks about his grandfather fighting in 8-1 or something

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

vermin posted:

No, but it's also implied that all that stuff happened in some other location. I guess the koopas in whateveristan don't really have a reason to care about Bowser, cause he's not the king there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

when I was a kid I really liked the idea of monstro town in mario rpg, you go in a house and its just a thwomp and a piranha plant drinking coffee

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The difficulty slider in the new southpark game makes your characters skin darker as you increase it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't like how even in the Paper Mario/Mario rpg series that humanizes and fleshes out many Mario enemies, the shyguys are apparently all still dicks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

I don't like how even in the Paper Mario/Mario rpg series that humanizes and fleshes out many Mario enemies, the shyguys are apparently all still dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQFBYSr-cPI

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

I don't like how even in the Paper Mario series that humanizes and fleshes out many Mario enemies, the shyguys are apparently all still dicks.

Shy guys and bandits are different things that look similar

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/xdannyxbrownx/status/859760961313542144

fuckin same tho

last surprise has been stuck in my head for weeks now

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

I read Shy Guy's part in the voice of a somber Japanese man :qq:

Help Im Alive posted:

I think there's a hammer bro in the Thousand Year Door wrestling chapter who talks about his grandfather fighting in 8-1 or something

corn in the bible posted:

No, but it's also implied that all that stuff happened in some other location. I guess the koopas in whateveristan don't really have a reason to care about Bowser, cause he's not the king there

homeless snail posted:

when I was a kid I really liked the idea of monstro town in mario rpg, you go in a house and its just a thwomp and a piranha plant drinking coffee

Awesome, thanks

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

corn in the bible posted:

paper mario color splash sucks :(

actually it is very good, but since you said the same about Mario 3D World there's probably just no pleasing you

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Shindragon posted:

Be safe goons.

Speaking of which, PSA, in case you haven't heard, Equifax, one of the 3 big credit reporting agencies, just reported a MASSIVE data breach.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/equifax-hack-find-out-if-you-were-one-of-143-million-hacked/

Apparently using their website to check if you were affected automatically enrolls you for arbitration against them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/09/08/what-to-know-before-you-check-equifaxs-data-breach-website/

Also that website might be bugged because entering a fake name and social says you might be compromised:

https://twitter.com/zackwhittaker/status/906247688768905216

Sorry for raining on the parade, everyone

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

actually it is very good, but since you said the same about Mario 3D World there's probably just no pleasing you

I like Paper Mario and TTYD

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Ostentatious posted:

fuckin same tho

Danny Brown is a cool dude, I can't wait to see him open for the Gorillaz later this month

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please no one die to hurricanes or fires even if I've called you an idiot in the past.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Please no one die to hurricanes or fires even if I've called you an idiot in the past.
Well, if they really are idiots, they probably can't avoid that...

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't worry I'm sure we've got this...

...oh there's another one :ohdear:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ostentatious posted:

fuckin same tho

Only weeks?

Pfft talk about a fake fan

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

fuckin same tho

Maybe it means the Phantom Thieves have been trying to change your heart for a while now.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

even if the n64 dpad was bad, who would know

surely this post is just a joke, because there's no way you, or any reasonable person, has not played kirby 64.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

oddium posted:

even if the n64 dpad was bad, who would know

anybody who played mischief makers or the ekans toss in pokemon stadium

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

vermin posted:

Would playing Football Manager 2017 help me understand how football works? It'd probably be one of the few games my dad could pick up and kick my rear end at.

I just want to be normal and like sports like the regular kids :(

No but if you think about the game like its a dungeon crawler with eleven vs eleven battles it suddenly makes much more sense why its so popular.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

anybody who played mischief makers or the ekans toss in pokemon stadium

Ekans toss was like the one mini game that used the analog stick

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1UyufS8Mqo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please don't throw ekans

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

In Training posted:

Ekans toss was like the one mini game that used the analog stick

It used both. Dpad to aim stick to throw. Sushi-Go-Round used the stick and it was also the best minigame

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm bored. Which Advance Wars CO had the best theme music?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

grit easily

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the themes of Sami/Max/the little girl from Days of Ruin

rip aw

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grimm, Gage, and Jess are the ones I can generally bring to mind.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I bought Songbringer on a whim because it seems like the sort of thing I would like and I think I hate this game. I rarely just completely hate a game but this have just seems like they hosed up something on an absurdly basic level. I am usually easy to please when it comes to action rpgs and I am far more tolerant of rogue lite bullshit than most but this game just feels bad.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

I bought Songbringer on a whim because it seems like the sort of thing I would like and I think I hate this game. I rarely just completely hate a game but this have just seems like they hosed up something on an absurdly basic level. I am usually easy to please when it comes to action rpgs and I am far more tolerant of rogue lite bullshit than most but this game just feels bad.

It seemed like a cool idea, but I don't think I would enjoy actually playing it, kinda like a deep fried Oreo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was that quote from one of the paper mario devs or whatever about how they don't want two mario rpg series so they specifically avoided more of the paper mario 1 and 2 style because they think mario & luigi already fills that niche?

Also, waterworld isn't a good movie but I kinda like the aesthetic of some of the creations in it. Also, I went to a restaurant a few weeks ago and it had a waterworld pinball table.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Real hurthling! posted:

The difficulty slider in the new southpark game makes your characters skin darker as you increase it.

I heard one report saying it's a joke but I'm still kinda confused as to whether it is or not. Pretty funny though (it apparently doesn't affect combat difficulty, just the way that NPCs treat you and how much money you earn in-game)

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just love the title screens for enemies that pop up in Yakuza Kiwami. I keep hoping for one that just says RANDOM DOUCHEBAGS.

PS it's a fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I want Hyper Light Drifter. Humble Bundle has it 50% off (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hyper-light-drifter), but it's for PC. I'm a console master race member and want it for PS4. Do I break and get it for PC or wait?

• Locked thread