Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Concerned Citizen posted:

The Iowa State Fair is cool and good, in exchange for posting pictures of yourself on twitter in front of corn lobbyist propaganda you can get free corn industry propaganda tshirts and koozies.

Plus it has the best butter cow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"How does having lost to a rapist game show host make you feel? Tell us in 3 emojis or less."

:golfclap:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why exactly is Jen Kirkman so concerned with someone else's tax returns

like, I'd get it if it were a smarmy "yeah well you never released your tax returns :smug:" thing rather than a "SHOW US YOUR loving TAX RETURNS AND DIE HORRIBLY :argh:" thing

It's the kind of thing you pretend to care about because it makes politicians you don't like look bad; if you actually consider it important to you you have brain worms

up there with earnestly caring a lot about email servers or Russia meetings IMO

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

etalian posted:

Well at least the loyal CSPAM hill folk didn't get rewarded to Dread Abuela by a marriage to Carlos Danger

Total but'em face

good dick tho

edit: Iowa is caucus

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Sep 8, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

punk rebel ecks posted:

The mod misspelt it. The correct term is "Hilltai".

hilolli

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

maybe say that stuff in front of coastal libs, not directly to the coal miners...

freckle posted:

google hillary clinton hentai

noty

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Al! posted:

im told that women who didnt vote for her are are going to hell

where they can have tea with her in about oh...20 years?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I have a sweet purple iowa shirt that's a big pig with sunglasses and the word IOWA . No idea where it's from of what it means.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

where they can have tea with her in about oh...20 years?

considering she did the opposite of everything a winning campaign would do, she probably voted for trump too

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Even Jill Stein deserves more respect than Hillary Clinton.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Eh, 0 = 0

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

"How many whip the nay nays away were you from generating the kind of African American turnout seen during Obama's candidacies?"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i like the amana colonies, and manson crater, well there is my list of good things in iowa thanks for reading

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqHgZhLLTc0

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

oh it has the herbert hoover presidential library which is good for a laugh

spoilers: it focuses almost exclusively on his life before the presidency lol

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Des Moines has a premier gimmick burger joint where you can get a burger that is covered in mac and cheese, and uses two chunks of deep fried mac and cheese as buns.

I ate it and I regret nothing.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Des Moines has a premier gimmick burger joint where you can get a burger that is covered in mac and cheese, and uses two chunks of deep fried mac and cheese as buns.

I ate it and I regret nothing.

That's so hosed up

in the good way

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the Luther burger remains the supreme gimmick burger, the only question is if you use two glazed donuts vs one

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AdG0sdAVbI

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

like, I'd get it if it were a smarmy "yeah well you never released your tax returns :smug:" thing rather than a "SHOW US YOUR loving TAX RETURNS AND DIE HORRIBLY :argh:" thing

It's the kind of thing you pretend to care about because it makes politicians you don't like look bad; if you actually consider it important to you you have brain worms

tell me more about how the russian subversion of an american election is the same kind of nonscandal as but her emails or sanders tax returns

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Iowa State Fair is cool and good, in exchange for posting pictures of yourself on twitter in front of corn lobbyist propaganda you can get free corn industry propaganda tshirts and koozies.

also this is what passes for bbq there

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Midwest food is a waste, Midwest food is big fat mess.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Midwest food is a waste, Midwest food is big fat mess.

why yes my good man i would love the boiled ham slice on stale bun doused in great value bbq sauce

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

you're not meant to get bbq, you're meant to get everything deep fried. god

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

what the gently caress is that supposed to be

brisket?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

what the gently caress is that supposed to be

brisket?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

a culinary war crime in platter form

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
just eat a deep fried stick of butter

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

loquacius posted:

I thought Bernie released his tax returns?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

anime was right posted:

considering she did the opposite of everything a winning campaign would do, she probably voted for trump too

lmfao! :roflolmao:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I thought Bernie released his tax returns?

Yeah, and thank GOD because now we know June Sanders is history's greatest monster for doing all those horrible money tricks at her university

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
If I was a candidate in 2020 I'd sway people with a foodtruck serving quality fair/bbq food.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
wait, don't you normally refer to previous presidents as such instead of Mr. or Ms.? There might be some 08 salt in that excerpt as well.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Grognan posted:

wait, don't you normally refer to previous presidents as such instead of Mr. or Ms.? There might be some 08 salt in that excerpt as well.

yes you generally do, but it's not a direct quote so the article writer is weird

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grognan posted:

I would be absolutely ok with anyone breaking that practice, especially her.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
but NYT house style is to refer to the person by their full name and title on first instance and then Mr/Ms thereafter in the article

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Over Easy posted:

Yeah, and thank GOD because now we know June Sanders is history's greatest monster for doing all those horrible money tricks at her university

I was under the impression that it was unfounded and the lawsuit was dropped by the Trump politician who initially sued?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

punk rebel ecks posted:

I was under the impression that it was unfounded and the lawsuit was dropped by the Trump politician who initially sued?

there's no lawsuit, just a fbi investigation that is ongoing

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

there's no lawsuit, just a fbi investigation that is ongoing

:thunk:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jane Sanders and Hillary Clinton will lead rival gangs in the minimum security prison they are eventually locked up in.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
afaik there is also still the potential that brady toensing, the gop member who filed the complaint in the first place, will be nominated as us attorney in vermont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

godamnit gently caress this and gently caress you, how dare you, shame on you

trump 2020, end this now

• Locked thread