Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I just got a grenade launcher that goes in the energy weapon slot :stare:

and it fuckin sucks. Unless you are some kind of grenade launcher wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Pfft anyone who played demo in TF2 should be decent at it. git gud skrub

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Funkmaster General posted:

I think that's one of the better looking exotics, personally. The other titan arms, the ones that look kinda like the RoI raid gear, also look fantastic, especially with shaders. Anyway, you can just use a different exotic. The meta hasn't solidified yet, so it's possible that refusing to use a given one might give you a bit of a disadvantage, but it's not going to lock you out of viability, especially for PvE content.

Do you? It looks to me like it came out of a bad 80's music video.

It's good to know that I can skip them. I really hate almost all the exotics with very few exceptions. I feel terribly silly writing this, but honestly, it's going to spoil my fun a little if I'm forced to use them.

edit: I just saw the void helmet, and ouch! I think I'll have to go with some other class, the warlock rags are not looking so bad to me right now.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 8, 2017

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mr. WTF posted:

FELLOWS:

I am looking for a goon xbone clan. Primarily for raiding/nightfalls, but occasionally down for PVP also. Have galljherjehron and spindle and can run sword on your mom. TIA.

I went to discord, but it's all PS4 and PC people in that business.

Gamertag: IncontintlBkfst

You want the clan in the snazzy OP.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, grenade launcher rules.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It seems weird that there's no transmogrify system like basically every other loot-based game ever made. Halo was pretty free with customizable looks too, right? I haven't played that series in forever but I seem to recall that being a big deal in multiplayer.

I've seen a lot of cool-looking armor but I guess it's mostly attached to lovely gear?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Low level poo poo gear actually ends up being the coolest looking because as we start getting trials and raid gear, everyone's gonna start looking like egyptian statues or junk yard scraps or whatever. Once you pick the shader you want you can look pretty badass.

Yeah, the lack of cosmetic slots sucks, but bitching about it won't change it because Bungie has never hinted they give a poo poo about offering that kind of customization.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I just got a grenade launcher that goes in the energy weapon slot :stare:

I don't even care if it sucks I want one right goddamn now.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Waffle House posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Support/Troubleshoot?oid=12915

BEETLE looks like a general network error. Gimme some basics:

- Using wifi or hard ethernet cable?
- What's your network look like; is your console plugged directly into the router?

It's definitely the power line adapter causing an issue. Switched over to Wi-Fi and it's working fine without errors. I should suck it up and run the Ethernet cables all the way through the house but I don't have a cord that long right now.

Thanks for offering to troubleshoot! I appreciate it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

Bungie has never hinted they give a poo poo.

Fixed

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Challenge accepted!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So in Crucible I hit a team of three with a rocket point blank that didn't even take their shields off.

I need less lovely weapons.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe I'm just really stupid but is there a way to play the initial stages of the new areas with other people that never occurred to me, or are they meant for single player only?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe I'm just really stupid but is there a way to play the initial stages of the new areas with other people that never occurred to me, or are they meant for single player only?

Missions aren't matchmade but if you form a fireteam with friends first you can play them in co-op. The only part of the game where co-op is absolutely not possible is the intro mission in the tower.

That said, it's probably a better experience solo, because they're scripted around a single player's actions. Nothing will break, but your friends will be triggering things you aren't there to witness and talking over the instructions.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

DrNutt posted:

It's awful for general combat owing to the small explosive radius and single grenade reload. If you miss, you're hosed for the next few seconds. However it is a very good boss killer I've found so far. It's not bad for single target damage at all. I used it on the public event in the EDZ where you kill a cabal colossus leader after taking down a thresher, and it knocked off chunks off his health.

I've since replaced it with a higher level submachine gun but I will probably go back and infuse it for the raid bosses.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

Missions aren't matchmade but if you form a fireteam with friends first you can play them in co-op. The only part of the game where co-op is absolutely not possible is the intro mission in the tower.

And the subclass quest.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

Oh. In both D1 and this, I don't understand Bungie's ideological opposition to rando co-op.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh. In both D1 and this, I don't understand Bungie's ideological opposition to rando co-op.

Why would you need to matchmake story missions? You only have to be one step away from clinically brain dead to do them. Co-op with friends is for the good time, not shared load for difficulty mitigation.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm getting in on the ground floor on this poo poo this time (insted of waiting 2+ years to plough through the single player for £20) so i can hopefully get into raids this time!

Just requested to join up with the Euro clan on PS4 as remnantkin.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I enjoy this game, much more than I did D1 and I liked that game a lot, I've also sent one of the PS4 clans a request as JudgeTesla.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Samurai Sanders posted:

The entire focus of 90% of the PVE is random coop.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

RBA Starblade posted:

You get prizes based on how good at the game other members are and also your clan gets a Sherpa Rating for how good you are at handholding pubbies.

The Clan Roster seems to be broken right now.

How many PS4 clans are we at? I'm in Biggest Dumbest Space Men, with 47 members, but I thought it was full up.

Well poo poo, looks like meat's back on the menu boys. Hot drat

Seriously if anyone wants to make your own clans, go for it, I'm just doing this so people have a default "big" clan that you can join for goonery

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kilometers Davis posted:

The entire focus of 90% of the PVE is random coop.
You mean when running around in the open areas between missions? To me that just seems like noise.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

You mean when running around in the open areas between missions? To me that just seems like noise.

That's a huge amount of stuff you're skipping. :stare:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, there's your problem.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i missed all this clan stuff the first time around on D1 due to coming not playing it until last christmas.

Does it basically bypass the necessity to add a whole bunch of people to your friends list to find some co-op buddies to kill poo poo with?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

That noise is where you'll be spending like 90% of your playtime unless you drop the game after beating the story

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kin posted:

So i missed all this clan stuff the first time around on D1 due to coming not playing it until last christmas.

Does it basically bypass the necessity to add a whole bunch of people to your friends list to find some co-op buddies to kill poo poo with?

Yes. Yes it does. We've also got Discords, Slacks, and maybe even still IRC to help assuage this sorta thing, and a boatload of clans to join.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Speaking of clans, it appears the Over-Overflow clan is now full as well on PS4. Was going to post for an invite, Trimm01.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Just saw in a FB group walmart is pulling D2 off the shelfs?

e: and it being blocked at checkout.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 8, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Kin posted:

Your clan list sits right next to your friends list. I've had over 100 "friends" playing this week. If you play regularly with the same, say, 10-20 people, it's nice to not to have to flip through tab after tab to find 2, 3, or 5 other people to join your fireteam.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Prophecy120 posted:

Speaking of clans, it appears the Over-Overflow clan is now full as well on PS4. Was going to post for an invite, Trimm01.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2232592

Join up friendo, here's the Over-over-overflow.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

incoherent posted:

Just saw in a FB group walmart is pulling D2 off the shelfs?

e: and it being blocked at checkout.

Yeah one of the Waltons was pissed he didn't get a new gjallarhorn

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That's a huge amount of stuff you're skipping. :stare:
Well, "skipping" in the sense that I've only just started. I'll get to it I guess.

But you're right that there are unoubtedly many things about the Destiny experience I didn't "get" when I played 1 for just a few days.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 8, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Asked to join over overflow psn name is BostonCollegeFan

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

xzzy posted:

Proc gen is stupid. It only means you have an infinite number of caves that all look pretty much the same. Instead of a handful of caves created by an actual artist.

Proc gen killed No Man's Sky and mortally wounded Mass Effect Andromeda so it is indeed really dumb.

Only works in a minecraft/ark evolved kind of game.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hell yes ProfessorBort is fuckin' back, now I just need BaronVanAwesome

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Does this game have a jesus bynum emote?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

nachos posted:

Does this game have a jesus bynum emote?

The male exo Do The Wave dance starts off as approximately as such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought Destiny 2 for Xbox One because a real life friend wanted me to play on that system with them. I am totally in love with this game. I loved Destiny 1 so it was honestly a given, but Destiny 2 is so much better in every single way.