Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Waffle House posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2232592

Join up friendo, here's the Over-over-overflow.

I applied for this clan as MrObesity but also did battle.net so no pressure to accept!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Does it matter if I don't have a headset when playing with goons? My old turtle beach thing that came with my PS3 finally poo poo itself a few months ago and I haven't bothered to replace it yet since I haven't been playing much online stuff lately.

I'll probably pick up another cheap one soon, but is this the kind of game that really requires voice chat for a group to function?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

is this the kind of game that really requires voice chat for a group to function?
Yeah

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

I'll probably pick up another cheap one soon, but is this the kind of game that really requires voice chat for a group to function?

If you're just starting, it's not a requirement. It will matter when you want to raid or if you're really into PvP.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yesterday I got a rare sword and a legendary sword that both used the same buster sword-rear end model and I was initially annoyed at the asset reuse then I remembered how D1 had all these awesome designs for green/blue gear that you never saw again once you hit the endgame and now I'm OK with it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hit level 20, got four purps immediately because of rep items just playing normally, and made my Titan's mighty shoulder pads shiny and pinkish purple. Nebula Rose is a great shader.

I might make my Sparrow blindingly purple too.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Does it matter if I don't have a headset when playing with goons? My old turtle beach thing that came with my PS3 finally poo poo itself a few months ago and I haven't bothered to replace it yet since I haven't been playing much online stuff lately.

No one wants to play with you if you're not talking.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

el B posted:

No one wants to play with you if you're not talking.

Hah, that's fair enough. Guess I'll go grab one tomorrow then.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Is there a mod or any way to make a Kinetic weapon into Energy or vise versa?

edit: also just applied to [KINK] as FUNSL1DE on xbone. 240 Emperor Palpatine

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 9, 2017

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

incoherent posted:

Just saw in a FB group walmart is pulling D2 off the shelfs?

e: and it being blocked at checkout.

Ooo what

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Thundercracker posted:

Proc gen killed No Man's Sky and mortally wounded Mass Effect Andromeda so it is indeed really dumb.

Only works in a minecraft/ark evolved kind of game.

The games most like Destiny are Borderlands, Diablo, & Warframe. Two of those three have randomly generated levels to give some variety to your repetitive loot grind.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uh so I finally played some pvp and the exotic trials pulse shreds, who was saying it sucked?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the gun sounds are mostly good (scathelock :swoon: ) but the rocket launchers dont have the satisfying whoosh that they used to.

i really need to find some resource marker ghosts, hunting around for data lattice for the challenge on Io without one was heinous

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The Coldheart is hands-down my favorite new gun. It's just so satisfying to use, especially on beefier enemies. Also just picked up The Prospector but who's gonna waste their exotic slot on a power weapon?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Republicans posted:

The Coldheart is hands-down my favorite new gun. It's just so satisfying to use, especially on beefier enemies. Also just picked up The Prospector but who's gonna waste their exotic slot on a power weapon?

If you roll warlock use the hover chest exotic and coldheart for insane stunting

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh so I finally played some pvp and the exotic trials pulse shreds, who was saying it sucked?

It's soooo good, especially if your boys run it too so everyone is synergized with the perks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Republicans posted:

I used to do that a lot with machine guns and the ruin wings but now, hell no.

e: Oh cool shaders work on space ships so that can be obnoxious and blindingly purple too

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 9, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
While in the tower I overheard Shaxx:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T CONCENTRATE WHILE I'M YELLING?! RELAX!"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Republicans posted:

Coldheart is fun, and the highlight so far was last night in pvp when at least 3 players from each team were using it.

Prospector is fun as well. Only grenade launcher I've used so far. Does a number on yellow pve enemies.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I like how weapons don't need XP to level.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

So uh why the gently caress is it called the "Wardcliff Coil" and not the Wardenclyffe Coil. What the gently caress is a Wardcliff it sounds like something out of a warcraft.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
First I heard that name it was spoken so I thought it was "Word of Coil"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm fuckin' home and I can play hot drat

ObesePriest posted:

I applied for this clan as MrObesity but also did battle.net so no pressure to accept!

You have been ACCEPTED friend, thank you.

kucu_train you are also IN.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
IS this game out yet

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I haven't messed with the fireteam finder in the app and presumably it's broken but that's a pretty awesome concept

I mean playing with goons is nice cause there's always like 30-50 people online I can spam invites to but still

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 9, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darth Windu posted:

IS this game out yet

No sorry

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
2 things related to teleportation:

1) has anyone else noticed that PVE enemies jump around sometimes? (Not like, an ability such as Fallen Captains, but even fatty Cabal dudes.) They just... jump about 10 meters. Feels like a bug.

2) what's the deal when fighting big bads or whatever, and the screen goes white and you get teleported into the sky and fall or whatever...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feenix posted:

2 things related to teleportation:

1) has anyone else noticed that PVE enemies jump around sometimes? (Not like, an ability such as Fallen Captains, but even fatty Cabal dudes.) They just... jump about 10 meters. Feels like a bug.

2) what's the deal when fighting big bads or whatever, and the screen goes white and you get teleported into the sky and fall or whatever...

That's an ability some enemies have. The public event boss Fallen Servitor things do it a lot.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I applied to join one of the ps4 overflow clans, name is kodaxx

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Feenix posted:

It's a thing Servitors do

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Waffle House posted:

I signed up for this as ForgotAboutCraig

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Since there's no pgs thread here's a roster for a gay raiding group on Wednesday night, time TBA

sjackson12
padrechester
brownview
mustreloadfaster
dwitzl
tex

alt: sazzandra

It took me about 10 minutes to get five people who want to raid with me (I'm saying this to whoever said no one likes playing with me)

:woof:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

update: disregard someone accidently set Destiny 2 to a global recall status at walmart only.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Why does it say how many heroic event completions for some people and different things for others on their emblem?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Picked it up on Xbox. Poop socked my way through D1 minus raids when the whole shebang went on sale in June. Really loving the changes so close to playing D1. Like there's no more Darkness jokes to make but oh well. GT is Unseen Grub.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Why does it say how many heroic event completions for some people and different things for others on their emblem?

Emblems do that now

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

Emblems do that now

Yes and the pro move is to get one to a hilarious number and then stop

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Waffle House posted:

Request sent on Gassire.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Legs Benedict posted:

Emblems do that now

LFG RAID: Must have emblem, must have minimum 50 completions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.