Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Applied to [KINK] as CrookedRook994

I'm really liking this. I tried Destiny 1 and never got into it for some reason. After playing about 10 hours of D2 I thought I'd go back and try D1 a bit just to get a bit of the backstory and stuff and see if I just was missing something on my first attempt, but nope. Still didn't like it. Not sure what makes D2 more appealing to me than D1, but I think it's that right off the bat I was getting all sorts of different weapons to play with and never even coming close to running out of ammo. My favorite moment so far was getting to the pickup ship in the end of the second Titan story mission, jumping out of my tank thing right off the side of the bridge and falling to my death. Least favorite was defeating the big shielded ship thing on Nessus, having it drop a blue, and then getting thrown into the cutscene before I could pick it up :( I was also hating warlock jump on Titan during platforming sections, but now I think I've got the hang of it and it's very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Legs Benedict posted:

Nightstalker Hunter is good actually

Get orpheus rigs and use way of the trapper and as long as your tether hits 5 enemies, all your cooldowns are instant and you have your super again

Or do way of the pathfinder and vortex grenades for hilarious DPS

I think I'm using that right now, I'll have to mess around with it more

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ok, yeah, so the hunter definitely sucks. I mean, I only played Hunter and Titan in D1, but it just seems backwards in every way. I'm not a fan of the new skill tree as-is, and a lot of the skills and such just seem very slightly nerfed for hunter. Like the smoke grenade has a small delay, the dodge roll thing has an insane cooldown and just doesn't feel like it did in D1. Someone mentioned it in here but in general this game just doesn't feel as fluid as D1 did for some reason

Also grenades in general have a stupid long cooldown

Once I finish the campaign I'll probably give warlock a go, never played one, always read good things

I'm warlock and I just played that Nessus side mission where you need to find failsafe's original Captain. You have to do this jumping part and it was just a complete whore bastard. Every time I thought I'd be able to pull myself up over the ledge it was impossible and I had to fall for a half hour until I could try again, so I had to baby hop certain distances. But going the minimum jump was a bad idea too, because it was impossible to accurately judge distances or shapes of platforms because everything was moving around and weirdly lit.

Still a pretty good mission.

Got all the com chips from cabal on Nessus, and next quest step is to "await the world-eater." lame.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Ps, my ghost shell says "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on Solar weapon kills." Is this rep? what does this mean?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ps, my ghost shell says "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on Solar weapon kills." Is this rep? what does this mean?

ya rep

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's rep.

I got a crucible ghost that has a chance to give me a second rep item every match, which seems way better.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone else notice this? intrinsic perks the way you would expect them to, which is fine except that pre-release some guy pretty clearly led us to believe intrinsic perks would roll randomly on weapons

honestly the whole perk system feels pretty rear end to me. i understand it in theory - I played a lot of d1 so the old god roll rng system favored me - but in practice all they've done is make the grind less transparent. likewise there will probably be entire raid tier or trials armor sets i don't give a poo poo about because they're recovery armor or whatever.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Linx posted:

The PvP was poo poo in D1 as well. It was honest to god the most bland PvP shooting experience I’ve ever had, and even if they made it poo poo out exotics I still wouldn’t play it

After playing Titanfall 2 for the last month the PVP in this games feels like wading around in molasses. It's incredibly slow with guns that are just hilariously inaccurate.

EDIT: The co op and campaign were great.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 9, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

BitBasher posted:

After playing Titanfall 2 for the last month the PVP in this games feels like wading around in molasses. It's incredibly slow with guns that are just hilariously inaccurate.

serious :( Titanfall ruined any other pvp for FPS. Plus, even when you're doing bad it's still fun. This game you just get steam rolled

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's not because Destiny is bad, it's because every EA FPS is set up super twitchy so you feel like you're on speed. Move fast, shoot fast, die fast.

Bungie shooters are more of a thinking FPS.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

right, it's just a stark contrast so it's weird going between them and trying to constantly wall run

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Anyone wanna do nightfall tonight? I am lightlevel 246.

psn: keyframe007

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

That's not because Destiny is bad, it's because every EA FPS is set up super twitchy so you feel like you're on speed. Move fast, shoot fast, die fast.

Bungie shooters are more of a thinking FPS.

I think I'll live in Brazil and have an advantage, since no one will be able to hit me.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I got giant goat horns and a huge hairy back so I win dress up 17

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's baaaaaaack!! :D

Clan poo poo OWNS - this is what that came from but legendary engrams every now and then is wicked. <3

PrankU
Dec 2, 2002

Everyone Poops

ohrwurm posted:

Please consider joining Goon Button Pressers v2 for PS4 https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2082950 thanks.

Sent a request as PrankU.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Clan poo poo OWNS - this is what that came from but legendary engrams every now and then is wicked. <3

I just got this fifteen minutes ago. Time to give Voidwalker a try.

Also, I love how they've remixed some of the enemies this time around. The weird run the Vandals do/the jet-run of the Psions took me by surprise at first. It adds more character to the enemies and makes them a little harder to pin down.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Someone mentioned earlier that gear drops top out at 260 for certain things, what are those things so I can ignore them?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also if you have some equipment you like the most, just keep using it. As long as you don't throw away the "better" piece your new gear still get better. Drops are based on the hypothetical max you can get from every possible combination of everything you have, even on other characters, in the vault, etc.

ok so just to confirm there's no reason to hoard exotics until you're a certain light? Well I mean, anything that drops has a pre-determined light level? And according to you the highest light level item just has to be in your inventory? Does not have to be equipped? Cause I still shuffle poo poo around to max out lol

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
when you get drops their PL is calculated based on your maximum possible power across all characters and vault. don't need to shuffle poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ok that's rad

not sure why we cannot decrypt poo poo while out and about, even Diablo added that feature without having to go back to town

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

katkillad2 posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that gear drops top out at 260 for certain things, what are those things so I can ignore them?

Blues soft cap at 260, Purples Soft Cap at 265. But once you get somewhere north of 270 it will start dropping higher level stuff. Right now I'm back to getting 268 Blues and 270 Legendaries

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
reddit spergs seem to have figured out that once you cross the 265 threshold the soft cap is whatever your lowest piece of gear is

so if your power is 272 and your lowest leveled gear is 269, the lowest level gear you'll receive is 269

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Can someone invite me to the PSN group? Soulex13

Please and thank you.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Vintersorg posted:

:fap:

You know what sucks? Timed nightfall sucks.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

reddit spergs seem to have figured out that once you cross the 265 threshold the soft cap is whatever your lowest piece of gear is

so if your power is 272 and your lowest leveled gear is 269, the lowest level gear you'll receive is 269

Lowest as in what you own? Or lowest value slot?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Applied to [KINK] as IronChefRamen, ready to shoot space mans

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Subbz posted:

Lowest as in what you own? Or lowest value slot?

lowest that you own i believe. don't quote me on this tho, as it is from reddit. it seems about right tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

Hmm... I know for a fact this is not quite right. I'm 279 with a lowest slot of 270 and getting 272 Blues.

Well, earlier I was. I got to 282 at the tower and called it a night :smuggo:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I'm willing to bet that once you get legendary mods for things like grenade and melee cooldown and optimize your armor you'll get pretty decent cooldown times. Maybe not 25 seconds but like 35 seconds seems attainable. You'll have to decide between having an intrinsic weapon mod like counterbalance or having quick cooldowns for your abilities which I think is a pretty fair balancing act.

Overall I like the direction they took but yeah it's pretty disheartening that you only can get one super a match even if you're pulling a 10 kill streak and picking up orbs.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Seems like they should have quicker cooldowns for abilities in the Quick Match mode and do the current set up in competitive, that way we can still have our arcadey mode to gently caress around in

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Also, solo drop into quick match mode in the next 15 days if you want an rear end kicking

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Got the knucklehead helmet with the detailed radar nightstalker- its good for wrecking in pvp.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I found a weird thing.

I dropped off a rail somewhere & ended up on a catwalk that ended on some ducts & a crane. You can walk across & there are some boxes to investigate with the New Monarchy symbol. Your ghost says something about "Hawthorne's lead" but she don't give no quest updates.

This some faction thing?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It feels like of the four primary enemy factions the Hive have changed the least. I think the only notable change is the shriekers are significantly less annoying to fight because they don't shoot those homing projectiles on death anymore.

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
Applied to the PS4 clan as TerpFarmer420. Would appreciate an invite please and thank you space gun dudes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kumo posted:

I found a weird thing.

I dropped off a rail somewhere & ended up on a catwalk that ended on some ducts & a crane. You can walk across & there are some boxes to investigate with the New Monarchy symbol. Your ghost says something about "Hawthorne's lead" but she don't give no quest updates.

This some faction thing?

There's also an empty Dead Orbit station somewhere below the tower. There's a faction event on the chart in this week's update so those are probably where the faction contacts will appear once the switch is thrown.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Went to collect my clan reward and got the Borealis. I think I'm up to 5 exotics now not counting the repeat helmet I got. Seems like Bungie has figured out a better drop rate for good poo poo because now I gotta sleep but all I can think about is getting back and doing more poo poo in this game. The fact that just about everything you do shits gear/tokens that lead to gear is great. Gotta give it more time, but I think they may have refined the "loot" part of the "shoot-n-loot" game pretty well. Destiny has always had top-notch shooting, so if the loot drops continue to be this exciting I could see myself spending way too much time on this game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Republicans posted:

It feels like of the four primary enemy factions the Hive have changed the least. I think the only notable change is the shriekers are significantly less annoying to fight because they don't shoot those homing projectiles on death anymore.

I think the jump in art style has worked the least on Hive. They don't look all that interesting as they did in D1. And if I'm seeing right, they have the same headshot effect at Fallen, just now it's green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like that the acolytes got swole as gently caress and you can see their clothing rags more clearly. Makes them look more like creepy alien dudes and less like generic monsters.