Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I would loving love it if STD actually had a bunch of alt-right dudes on the writing staff. The rare right wing trek fans who absolutely don't get what the show's been trying to say for 50+ years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Starfleet gonna build a giant tachyon detection grid across the Klingon border.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

MA-Horus posted:

Say what you want about STVI

That scene ruled.

So did performing surgery on a torpedo.

So did watching Enterprise and Excelsior get their butts pushed in with repeat torpedo strikes

I am constant as the northern star!!!

...So after searching way too long (at work woohoo) for a gif of the Klingons being shot I couldn't find one. Then I thought hey I'll find a gif of Tuvok using one of those wide beam phaser shots where he takes out a room...nope can't find it either.

But I did find a cool replicator gif:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tyson Tomko posted:

But I did find a cool replicator gif:

Credit where due, that's one of the few clever special effects shots in Voyager's entire seven-season run.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I kind of love Janeway's attitude.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Janeway is cool because Kate Mulgrew is cool despite voyager being poorly written trash.

I want to see a post-voyager/ds9 show where she's in fact in federation prison for being such a bad loving captain. The show could show life in a federation prison. Due to being a captain and wearing a command uniform everyone in the prison could call her "Red" and she could be the hard but caring boss of a little prison crew.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Baronjutter posted:

Janeway is cool because Kate Mulgrew is cool despite voyager being poorly written trash.

I want to see a post-voyager/ds9 show where she's in fact in federation prison for being such a bad loving captain. The show could show life in a federation prison. Due to being a captain and wearing a command uniform everyone in the prison could call her "Red" and she could be the hard but caring boss of a little prison crew.

plz don't steal my head-canon

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

kate mulgrew is apparently the source of a shitload of back stage drama so i dunno if i'd call her cool, but NTSF:SD:SUV is voyager canon

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

UCB's Little Donny special is also Voyager canon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kate Mulgrew intentionally played Janeway as being nearly bipolar as a way to justify her inconsistent behaviour.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

basic hitler posted:

kate mulgrew is apparently the source of a shitload of back stage drama so i dunno if i'd call her cool, but NTSF:SD:SUV is voyager canon

Which she's really embarrassed and apologetic about and fully admits. I don't blame anyone having to work with those scripts and producers getting a bit stressed and freaking out when they start changing the cast around and centered everything around the new cast member who is much younger and hotter than you.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Tyson Tomko posted:

Then I thought hey I'll find a gif of Tuvok using one of those wide beam phaser shots where he takes out a room

Posting again, because its the only Tuvok gif worth posting

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Clearly an outtake because that console would have exploded twice in that scenario.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like when that dude attacks him on a blimp or something and he catches the punch and just coldly states "My strength is ten times that if your own." Then crushes his hand as the dude winces in pain.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

I would loving love it if STD actually had a bunch of alt-right dudes on the writing staff. The rare right wing trek fans who absolutely don't get what the show's been trying to say for 50+ years.

We already had a Trek movie written by a 9/11 truther and look how that turned out

the show is being written by hollywood liberals so it'll probably end up adopting that bullshit "both sides" rhetoric where the truth is somewhere in the middle ground between space fascism and space oh whoops we can't talk about that

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tighclops posted:

We already had a Trek movie written by a 9/11 truther and look how that turned out

the show is being written by hollywood liberals so it'll probably end up adopting that bullshit "both sides" rhetoric where the truth is somewhere in the middle ground between space fascism and space oh whoops we can't talk about that

which one

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Mondian posted:

Posting again, because its the only Tuvok gif worth posting

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If Troi can wear a dress on duty, Tuvok can totally assume the tactical station in "full commando". :madmax:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Vulcans have 7 dicks and 5 balls but only 1 rear end cheek

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I stand corrected.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I announced to the family for tonight's entertainment we were going to watch TOS: The Tholian Web. To her probable credit, my 2yo said noooooooooo but the 4yo and the 9mo are absolutely rapt.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i like to watch star trek with kids too:riker:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bob Orci, who is a 9/11 truther, co-wrote '09 and Into Darkness, and was set to write and direct Beyond until he was fired because his script sucked so much poo poo.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i like to watch star trek with kids too:riker:

They're my kids, not the ones I picked up in the panel van earlier.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Every other episode of Voyager is dealing with a xenophobic race.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

The General posted:

Every other episode of Voyager is dealing with a xenophobic race.

Most of Voyager by weight is walking down featureless corridors and talking in featureless rooms.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Most of Voyager by weight is walking down featureless corridors and talking in featureless rooms.

Star trek.txt

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They're sending criminals, they're sending rapists, and some, I assume, have honor.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I should have known, all it takes is Star Trek

naem
May 29, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

https://youtu.be/vgQidVzdneE

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

If this new series wants to capture the spirit of Star Trek it'll have the production values of a high school play and the ethical musings that a college freshman would consider beneath him.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Yaws posted:

If this new series wants to capture the spirit of Star Trek it'll have the production values of a high school play and the ethical musings that a college freshman would consider beneath him.

dang, this is so accurate I suspect someone has tried to raise a musical

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

dang, this is so accurate I suspect someone has tried to raise a musical

haha I have no idea what the gently caress you're evem referring to

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I get a kick out of Trek fans thinking it's some deep science fiction. Like in TNG they'll openly pontificate on these utterly basic moral dilemmas and Trek fans act if something novel or it's WAY SMARTER than something like Star Wars.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Yaws posted:

I get a kick out of Trek fans thinking it's some deep science fiction. Like in TNG they'll openly pontificate on these utterly basic moral dilemmas and Trek fans act if something novel or it's WAY SMARTER than something like Star Wars.

Shakespeare did the same thing, just based it in the 16th century

It's just drama in another age

calm down

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nobody is excited that they need to calm down

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

basic hitler posted:

nobody is excited that they need to calm down

whoa calm down jason

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

my name is jimmy

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

basic hitler posted:

my name is jimmy

sorry., FYAD edits my posts at random, I do my best

welcome jiminy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Yaws posted:

Star wars is boring. It's fantasy in space. Sci fi has to ask the hard questions like are robots people, or is it okay to benefit from warcrime science.