Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Bucnasti posted:

These are all really nice and should sell well. I can identify most of them for you:

Standard Bearer = Converted Boy
Big Trucks = Battlewagons ,fully kitted out
Some Cans = Killa Kans
Helicopter Things == Black Reach Deffkoptas these are getting harder and harder to find
Bad day to be a tesla coil? = Big mek with kustom force field
Heavies = Lootas with meks
HQ = Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun and Wierdboy
More HQ? = Ghazghkull Thraka
Sea of Green = Looks like 2nd edition Space Orks... Sluggas on the left, shootas on the right. Paint those up and SRM will fight you with his vintage Ultramarines.
Medic = Older metal Painboy
The Most Bad-rear end Helicopters Ever = (Well) Converted Black Reach deffkoptas
Orks with Jumpjets? = Stormboyz with Boss Zagstruk
Small Trucks = Ork Trukk
Forgeworld truck maybe? = Converted Ork Trukk, not Forgeworld but still looks good
Troops 1 = Ork Boyz (Slugga boyz with big shootas)
Troops 2 = Ork Boyz (Slugga Boyz with big shootas and rokkits)
Troops 3 = Ork Boyz (Slugga Boyz)

You are my new hero, thank you so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Giant Isopod posted:

I was looking into knights as well, and as far as I understand it the base knight variants (ie, not the forge world ones with the faux latin names) have the same basic chassis, so you can run it as any of them if you swap the weapons. However, the smaller kits don't necessarily come with all the options so you'd have to get the extra parts somehow. Is this correct?

I admit the primary draw of a knight for me is that I loving love magnetizing stuff.

There's a Knight Warden/Crusader/Gallant box and a Knight Paladin/Errant box. IIRC the only differences are the weapon loadouts.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The Paladin box doesn't come with the carapace weapons

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I wish GW would just cut the foreplay and make Primaris Marines the Real Marines. I have a bunch of Mark IV kits and I just can't bring myself to build them because truescale looks so much better.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

GW's latest top 5 is out and this time it's about 'Rivalries' https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/08/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-rivals-sep-8gw-homepage-post-3/

It's just proving how little current GW cares about non-Marine/Chaos Marine factions when your top 5 are:

• SM vs CSM
  • SM vs CSM
  • Eldar vs Slaanesh
  • SM vs CSM
  • =I= vs CSM

Literally all of them involve Chaos, and only two aren't Space Marines. And one of those are the Inquisition.

What a load of poo poo, where are the actual good rivalries like Ghazghkull vs Yarrick etc.

I also dispute the term 'Rivals' here, more like 'Bitter Enemies'.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zark the Damned posted:

GW's latest top 5 is out and this time it's about 'Rivalries' https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/08/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-rivals-sep-8gw-homepage-post-3/

It's just proving how little current GW cares about non-Marine/Chaos Marine factions when your top 5 are:

• SM vs CSM
  • SM vs CSM
  • Eldar vs Slaanesh
  • SM vs CSM
  • =I= vs CSM

Literally all of them involve Chaos, and only two aren't Space Marines. And one of those are the Inquisition.

What a load of poo poo, where are the actual good rivalries like Ghazghkull vs Yarrick etc.

I also dispute the term 'Rivals' here, more like 'Bitter Enemies'.

Here's a better list:

• Orks vs. Not-Orks
  • Orks vs. Orks
  • Other

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Sex Cannon posted:

best knight is dual gatling knight

Yes, yes it is. My one and only complaint about the Chaos Knight kit from Forgeworld is that it doesn't have resin gun shields for the gatling cannons. Which means having to take two knights, one FW Chaos, and the other a more vanilla looking renegade.

No other option for it. You can't not, can you?

You know it makes sense.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll be damned if the Death Guard Cinematic trailer doesn't make me want to play Death Guard.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here's a better list:

• Orks vs. Not-Orks
  • Orks vs. Orks
  • Other

You Orks sure are a contentious people.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yes, yes it is. My one and only complaint about the Chaos Knight kit from Forgeworld is that it doesn't have resin gun shields for the gatling cannons. Which means having to take two knights, one FW Chaos, and the other a more vanilla looking renegade.

No other option for it. You can't not, can you?

You know it makes sense.

2nd best knight is stab/punch combi knight

all the bullets or none of the bullets. those are the only choices.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
How does a Primaris-only army kill horde armies? 4x Assault Cannon tarantulas? Is there a non-Forgeworld solution?

Comedy Leviathan Dreadnought with dual gravity bombard option.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

dexefiend posted:

How does a Primaris-only army kill horde armies? 4x Assault Cannon tarantulas? Is there a non-Forgeworld solution?

Comedy Leviathan Dreadnought with dual gravity bombard option.

Hordes are about the only thing Primaris-only armies can kill with any regularity. An all-gatling Redemptor shreds them, as do Inceptors and Aggressors.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I cant believe i forgot about Aggressors. I am so scrub.

Thanks man. I will make sure to get some of those.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

It's bullshit that goodguy Knights can't take that option

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

It's bullshit that goodguy Knights can't take that option

Hey man it's not my fault that the machine god or whatever the gently caress thinks it's heresy to have a good loadout

git gud, Imperial scrub

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
How do Scouts look next to Scions? Follow-up: are they at all interchangeable?

It's been for-goddamn-ever since I've played with plastic but 8E seems to have gotten me interested again (more fool I).

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'll be damned if the Death Guard Cinematic trailer doesn't make me want to play Death Guard.

I like that it more or less shows a Death Guard guy extracting DNA from a Bigmar.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yo chumps! Dan and I are back from NOVA with a supersized Badcast for you!
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/09/08/40k-badcast-bonus-episode-novacast-2017/

And don't forget to check out our global campaign!
https://40kbadcast.com/campaign/

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Fantastic timing. Just in time for the drive to Warhammer World tomorrow! Goonpocalypse V shall see the war between the fuckbois and the badbois in the hallowed halls.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

The Sex Cannon posted:

you spelled Acheron wrong

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Sex Cannon posted:

2nd best knight is stab/punch combi knight

all the bullets or none of the bullets. those are the only choices.

See, I like you, but I think I might have to cut you if you continue to undervalue the loveliness of the FW Chaos Knight.

Actually, with the removal of templates, what is better, RF battlecannon or thermal cannon?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Thermal cannon, it can and will wipe out a terminator squad.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Doesn't it only get D6 shots? I feel like you'd do better against terminators with 2d6 shots when statistically any one of those shots still kills a terminator.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

With d3 shots? Or even d6 against units of 5 or more? And with invulnerable saves on top of that? Not happening.

Blast weapons suck in 8th. Just take the gatling gun and be happy with the consistency. The rapid-fire battlecannon is almost there with 2d6 shots as that helps cut out some uncertainty, but it's still not enough for my tastes.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

With d3 shots? Or even d6 against units of 5 or more? And with invulnerable saves on top of that? Not happening.

Blast weapons suck in 8th. Just take the gatling gun and be happy with the consistency. The rapid-fire battlecannon is almost there with 2d6 shots as that helps cut out some uncertainty, but it's still not enough for my tastes.

As weird as it sounds, I've started picturing battle cannons as being rapid fire weapons like autocannons and the current rules make a lot more sense. That rapid fire battlecannon is a pretty solid anti-tank gun these days.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Shadin posted:

I wish GW would just cut the foreplay and make Primaris Marines the Real Marines. I have a bunch of Mark IV kits and I just can't bring myself to build them because truescale looks so much better.

You know, I hear there is a great game where your MK IV guys can frolic with other well dressed soldiers.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm watching a CounterStrike: Global Offensive tournament and now I'm wondering why I don't paint my boltguns like tacky weapons skins.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

You know, I hear there is a great game where your MK IV guys can frolic with other well dressed soldiers.

That’s true, then I could be one of dozens of people excitedly awaiting 7.5.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Star Man posted:

I'm watching a CounterStrike: Global Offensive tournament and now I'm wondering why I don't paint my boltguns like tacky weapons skins.

Not enough canvas maybe? Even if I'd be interested in the final result for curiosity's sake.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?
So, if I were to pick up one of these I'd be able to build any of the 5 regular (non-FW) Knights or a (non-FW) Renegade Knight, right?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Renegade-Knight-2016

Seems to be just a Warden box + a transfer, and the Warden has all the bits required for any of the load-outs?

Tempted to pick up a Knight for my Emperor's Children and/or my Sisters of Battle. . . .

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I should see if my insurance covers my miniatures collection

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

chutche2 posted:

I should see if my insurance covers my miniatures collection

I would imagine so. I've heard of people being able to get Magic cards covered under their insurance.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Xarlaxas posted:

So, if I were to pick up one of these I'd be able to build any of the 5 regular (non-FW) Knights or a (non-FW) Renegade Knight, right?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Renegade-Knight-2016

Seems to be just a Warden box + a transfer, and the Warden has all the bits required for any of the load-outs?

Tempted to pick up a Knight for my Emperor's Children and/or my Sisters of Battle. . . .

Yeah, this will build any of the imperial variants. The only downside is that it's designed for the Imperial loadouts, not Chaos, so you won't be able to do the Coolest Knight, which is dual gatling guns.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

It took me 5 days, but I finally finished assembling the Repulsor.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

ANAmal.net posted:

Yeah, this will build any of the imperial variants. The only downside is that it's designed for the Imperial loadouts, not Chaos, so you won't be able to do the Coolest Knight, which is dual gatling guns.

Ahh. So, I'm checking the Indexes, basically, the "best" load-out is an Avenger Gatling Cannon + Heavy Flamer on each arm, which Chaos *can* do, but none of the five "standard" Imperial load-outs allows, which means that the Knight Warden kit only comes with one Gatling cannon so I need to find a second one somewhere else.

Also, the Knight is a model made for heavy magnetizing (like the Baneblade,) unless you feel like dropping $800+ to field the different variants, right? :v:

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

OhDearGodNo posted:

It took me 5 days, but I finally finished assembling the Repulsor.

How'd you build it?

I put the long barrel gun on the back and I wish I put the rocketpod cause I almost never use that gun in games.
I also did twin lascannon but then the main gun and the gunner are both gatling guns.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

DanoTuka posted:

How'd you build it?

I put the long barrel gun on the back and I wish I put the rocketpod cause I almost never use that gun in games.
I also did twin lascannon but then the main gun and the gunner are both gatling guns.

I'm just finishing one up myself. I went twin lascannon, both Gatling guns, and then everything else is frag launchers. There's something that tickles me about 5d6 shots on top of the gattling cannons.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

DanoTuka posted:

How'd you build it?

I magnetized every turret, which is how I spent two of the days. I really haven't used any SM weapons to know which are effective so I often just make it so I can swap everything out.

Did your main body panels line up right? The front quarter panel on mine had a gap so large I had to fill it with GS.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Xarlaxas posted:

Ahh. So, I'm checking the Indexes, basically, the "best" load-out is an Avenger Gatling Cannon + Heavy Flamer on each arm, which Chaos *can* do, but none of the five "standard" Imperial load-outs allows, which means that the Knight Warden kit only comes with one Gatling cannon so I need to find a second one somewhere else.

Also, the Knight is a model made for heavy magnetizing (like the Baneblade,) unless you feel like dropping $800+ to field the different variants, right? :v:

I'm a big dumb idiot so I didn't magnetize mine, but I went with the gatling and battle cannons, with the three-shot krak missile carapace weapon. It fairly loving shreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

ANAmal.net posted:

I'm a big dumb idiot so I didn't magnetize mine, but I went with the gatling and battle cannons, with the three-shot krak missile carapace weapon. It fairly loving shreds.

Yeah, I only discovered magnets when I started playing Warmachine, then I came back to 40k and looked at a bunch of my models and though "gently caress, so many wasted magnetizing opportunities." :doh:

Looking at the load-out options for a knight, I'd definitely say at least *one* Gatling, and that "Stormspear" thing (I guess that's the Krak Missile launcher.) It looks like there's really no need for any of the Melee options as the guns are so powerful, and if anything gets into close combat you can stomp on them and then moonwalk band shoot them.

I guess the chainsword the size of a tank is *cool* though. :v: