Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Monoma is correct in all things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Here is the spoiler for exactly this that I am clearly marking for everyone else's safety.

Shinso has basically not existed since the children fighting Olympics so he is a very long ways off in the Anime unless they decide to use him in some filler.

This just made me sad that we're gonna have like one episode worth of Hatsume Mei in the next two years.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
OST for season 2 is starting to pop up places and it's really good. Also I can't figure out where half of it is played during the season.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I watched the dub of the Froppy episode and I liked it a lot, Horikoshi is such a master of doing unusual and unexpected pairings that work really well like Uraraka with Gunhead and Bakugo with Best Jeanist. I'd heard some people say that they didn't get Tsuyu's character right in this episode but I didn't find that at all. She followed the orders from her mentor and when it mattered didn't give into the villain. Selki rules and I loved his "I'm cute" joke.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It's not that she's out of character so much as there's nothing specific to her character other than "water," so nothing that makes it a Froppy episode in any substantial sense. Nothing about the episode or her character would change if she just wasn't in it, and if anything she feels out of place in it since she's probably the single member of the class who least needs a lesson in teamwork.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I'm really digging Jet Set Run. Season 2 OST is super on point.

Eej posted:

This just made me sad that we're gonna have like one episode worth of Hatsume Mei in the next two years.

aaaw :( I haven't read the manga, but if every side character that's introduced isn't necessarily recurring from that point on, that actually gives me a lot of faith in Horikoshi. Always leave 'em wanting more / Please God Please Don't Stall The Story Just To Cover 800 Characters.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cheston posted:

I'm really digging Jet Set Run. Season 2 OST is super on point.

aaaw :( I haven't read the manga, but if every side character that's introduced isn't necessarily recurring from that point on, that actually gives me a lot of faith in Horikoshi. Always leave 'em wanting more / Please God Please Don't Stall The Story Just To Cover 800 Characters.

When Mei does come back it owns though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

When Mei does come back it owns though.

I hope they do the panel justice.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Double somehow

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it better have good sound effects

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The first anime ep aired in 3D

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjYwY2ymm1g

what???? huh?????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah that came out during the first season.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Think we'll be getting a localization?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No way. Game's already over a year old at this point and the 3DS is at the end of it's life cycle. Also it's just a cheap cash-in game so it's most likely garbage anyway.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah everything I've heard indicated it was junk.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It looks kinda clunky in that video, and also Deku is smashing a lot in the video and doesn't appear to be hurting himself. He's barely at that point in the anime now, much less when the game was released.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fusion! :allears:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The 3DS game is one of those licenced games that gets developed too soon when the characters still haven't shown much (it covers the first season) so their movesets are mostly generic punches and kicks with some unimpressive special attacks. There's this One Piece fighting game that features Brook that was released when his only scene was still his introduction, so he doesn't even use his sword because it wasn't revealed his cane was hiding one, also that thing when he runs over the water thanks to how light his body is? It's a special move.

PD: Episode rocks.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Every episode of this show goes by in a flash.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yaomomo's bio page said she liked reading, but in the manga page about that info it actually reads "Likes: Reading (stuff like picture books)".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm still not a fan of the name cards in literally every episode.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eej posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2mWp49sM4U

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still not a fan of the name cards in literally every episode.

It feels a bit patronizing.

Especially when they put one up for Deku.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I could understand it at the start of the season or just after the gap but yeah it just makes me throw my eyes up to heaven now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Also, is this really the time to be asking???

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:swoon:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I regularly forget about people like Shouji, Koda, and Sato, so I don't mind the title drops in every episode

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I don't mind the title cards since it's a very western comic thing to do.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't mind them as they are in the show itself but when Crunchyroll has to place the subs on-screen every drat time, that's a lot of screen taken over by worthless text.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not liking this new 5 minute episode format they have suddenly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still wondering why Tsuyu's immediate thought about the cuffs was to ingest them so she could vomit them up later. I guess she doesn't have any pockets.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I think it was to keep the teacher from knowing where the cuffs were, reducing his ability to defend against them.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's a frog. Frogs eat things.

(It was to hide them, yeah.)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yaomomo! :3: :sparkles: :swoon:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I wanna "see" invisible girl actually use her abilities.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
You could probably argue that's it retcon-y, but I really like the reveal that Todoroki was the one who voted for Momo. He's not completely aloof, just not good at People. Momo's respect for him is cute too.

The balance between squeezing in two minor fights in ten minutes and then spending the ten other minutes on an all out struggle was done well, reading this arc in the manga where everything is happening at once is good tension too, but I appreciate the flow this has more.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I hope Mineta gets beaten up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Caphi posted:

I hope Mineta gets beaten up.

• Locked thread