Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Trying to figure out how to activate the heroic public quests without a guide is pretty fun. There's some that are obvious and then some I still have no clue what to do. Just gonna keep trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
What are the supply caches that are required for the challenges?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I like how Hawthorne Hawksworth makes a huge deal about not being a guardian and about having her own village by the sea that she runs like a fiefdom but as soon as she gets the chance she parks her rear end right in the penthouse suite of the tower and leaves her fam at the farm

She has become legend in the bathroom right outside the vanguard bar

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Oldstench posted:

What are the supply caches that are required for the challenges?

They random chests that contain one (1) planetary coin.

The only caveat is sometimes the bounties call for a specific enemy type and the planets have different types for each enemy on them, so you need to open the right type sometimes. It's pretty obvious looking at them whether it's cabal or vex or fallen or whatever.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I have a quest to collect stuff from Cabal on Nessus but all I can find are Vex and Fallen

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Vintersorg posted:

It's baaaaaaack!! :D

This helmet made me switch from Hunger to Chaos for the sicknasty Nova change.

The old siphon abilities are already kind of folded into the Devour tree, so instead they made the Skull a brand-new Obsidian Mind, while still maintaining the damage mitigation during your super.

ed:

Daric posted:

I have a quest to collect stuff from Cabal on Nessus but all I can find are Vex and Fallen

You can't do the step after that anyway, so don't freak out if it takes you a while :v:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Well gently caress, could I get an invite on PS4 for one of the clans? PSN is Nos3ySA

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/7WtN4sf.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ThkpYgn.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ZB8wKUZ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/ExfQPUy.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Stringbean posted:

Well gently caress, could I get an invite on PS4 for one of the clans? PSN is Nos3ySA

For the whole mess of people that need a PS4 clan invite, click here please:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2232592

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So.. game good?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Insane Totoro posted:

For the whole mess of people that need a PS4 clan invite, click here please:

Please accept my terrible at shooters space man named Shinjitsu in the psn clan. Namaste

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Holy poo poo lmfao Merciless is the new Gjallarhorn

I'm not sure I would go that far but yeah, it does spew out a ton of damage and is pretty fun to boot.

I got the Portal gun and its....a thing? I can't see myself ever using it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bob NewSCART posted:

So.. game good?

Insanely so (pvp bad tho)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm not sure I would go that far but yeah, it does spew out a ton of damage and is pretty fun to boot.

I got the Portal gun and its....a thing? I can't see myself ever using it.

Is it just a rando drop?

Also that wardcliff seems to be the new gjallarhorn, if what I'm now doing to yellow bars is any indication

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what does that guy call you early on if you never played Destiny 1/Iron Banner expansion

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Are most of the goons rolling PS4 or will there be a decent sized PC goon population? Also should I give a gently caress whatsoever about getting a ps4 pro or will the regular PS4 be fine for this?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

So what does that guy call you early on if you never played Destiny 1/Iron Banner expansion

"fuckin skrub"

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Are most of the goons rolling PS4 or will there be a decent sized PC goon population? Also should I give a gently caress whatsoever about getting a ps4 pro or will the regular PS4 be fine for this?

We are literally on our third PS4 overflow clan and I remember you from back in the day!

Also I'm rolling on a PS4 Pro but I'm getting the sense that most people can't tell the difference between the two?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is it just a rando drop?

Yeah, rando exotic Shotgun. I think it does less damage than a shotgun should but it shoves them pretty far and replaces your melee button.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 9, 2017

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Bob NewSCART posted:

There will be a decent sized population on every platform. True destiny players double/triple dip on every platform they own like me. :negative:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Since the original Big Dum Space Mans (PS4/PC) AND the overflow clan are full, we decided to make a SECOND overflow clan for PS4 and PC that's even bigger, dumber, and kinkier.

And then we made a THIRD overflow clan because you are all insane beautiful people.

The new overflow clan is the Big, Dumb Space Men and we are open to all who want to join. You can even invite your friends.

As always, we reiterate that even though we have four KINK clans that we form up in the the Discord channel and we ask that you try to ping us there when you submit applications, especially for non-goon friends. Just because there's FOUR separate kinky clans doesn't mean we all can't play together.

We'd like this Discord to be THE place for PS4 matchmaking and fireteam making.

To reiterate this is one drat awesome looking sticky muffin. You might say it is big and delicious too.

You also haven't lived until you have had a kinky breakfast in the back seat of a car in a Wegmans parking lot.

Furthermore, Kay Is a Noob Killa.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

Holy poo poo lmfao Merciless is the new Gjallarhorn

Tell me more...

What's so good about it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wegmans is pro, drat that's another cross platform unifying element.

I'm sure the PC guys are all about food lion

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I got an omolon auto rifle and it sounds like Thunderlord. Doesn't do the spin up but it's pretty close.

Also got MIDA and baby MIDA hell yeah

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wegmans is pro, drat that's another cross platform unifying element.

I'm sure the PC guys are all about food lion

Amen.

Also the PS4 Goons believe in the one true Wegmans run by Mike Manlove.

(this is not a joke, it's probably the most clean and organized one I've seen in the PA, NJ, and DMV area)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

I got an omolon auto rifle and it sounds like Thunderlord. Doesn't do the spin up but it's pretty close.

Also got MIDA and baby MIDA hell yeah

I'm sorry to say MiDA is p bad in PvP, but at least it still owns bones in PvE (it might be better than before)

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Tell me more...

What's so good about it?

It's an 8 round mag fusion rifle that decreases charge time of the next volley if the previous volley did damage but did not get a kill (aka a boss). By the 4rd shot its Plan C instant. It is ridiculously fun.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is it just a rando drop?

Also that wardcliff seems to be the new gjallarhorn, if what I'm now doing to yellow bars is any indication

Same, it's real good. You can like float in and carpet bomb fools, even if it isn't actually the best weapon, it is fun to use.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol yeah I'd imagine against a boss you're just unloading bolts with no delay by the end

(It's pretty funny how they have finally realized that exotics with "spin up time" solve the pvp/pve power issue so they can be mad fun in PvE without ruining pvp. Pretty much every insane exotic has a perk that doesn't kick in until past a "normal" ttk scenario)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is there a goon clan or what

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The guy reviewing the game for IGN dropped his in progress score from 8.7 to 8.2 - why? Because his beef is that in the launch week there's just not enough to do at endgame. Please note, based on what he's saying he's creeping up toward like 300 light. It also sounds like he just figured out that grinding public events was the most "efficient" way to get light and then just did it until his eyes bled.

This was my beef with how people acted about Destiny 1 - I legitimately don't understand what they expect from the game. It's like they hate it because they dreamed it would make them literal space wizards and then they find out it's a video game and it crushes their world view.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
What's a game review?

(game reviews have become about as relevant as an encyclopedia)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

How are public events best for raising light, the tokens? Do Heroics spout only one chest? I've been grabbing only one, and it's crappy blues. I'm retarded.

They drop exotic engrams pretty frequently in my experience.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Like it's pretty clear that the intention is that you don't just play non-stop 24/7. The endgame is built around a weekly cadence, just like WoW is. Do your weekly milestones and you'll get a steady progression of end-game quality gear. If you want to play in between, you can run strikes, pvp, or do world poo poo but it's not going to be huge gains in light like your weekly poo poo is.

It's not rocket science, it's kind of baffling that people seem to be having a hard time figuring it out.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Better grind public events before next week "the team believed that the drop rate was too high" patch then.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They drop exotic engrams pretty frequently in my experience.

:catstare:

Not even once, and I've done a bunch. gently caress.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Do yourself a favor and block all review sites from your browser.

Metacritic has this game at a 6/10. So I mean, that's a passing grade in college so that means great to me.

Ds get degrees my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I don't think the drop rate is too high. I'm 270 and yet to get an exotic from a public event. Of the 3 exotic engrams I've gotten one was the freebie, one from an adventure, and the other from a lost sector.