Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/therealzef/status/906010587137679360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Calamity Ganon's final and most difficult form should've been pulling up a chair and forcing Link to have a conversation about weapon durability/game design

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ganon reveals he can only be killed by the sword you started with and then laughs and laughs and laughs

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Considering this is for what became Lost Levels I can definitely understand points 3 and 6.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My very dumb cat has developed a licking obsession and will sit for 40 mins just licking whatever is in front of him without moving, just hitting the same spot. I have to let him destroy the skin on my arms and legs because otherwise he will make the bald spots on his front legs bigger. I wish it was a skin allergy instead of plain old stupidity but he will lick anything until hes forced to stop. Pray for my boy, guys.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

imagine buying amd in 2017 rofl

lol

rotfl

lmao

lmfao

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Color Splash is a game that I felt had very clever and funny writing, fun setpiece events and locales and an absolutely mindnumingly tedious and bad combat system. It'd legitimately be a better game if it was LESS of an RPG because except for some rare combat gimmicks that are amusing the combat is just repetitive, boring and slow.

I still managed to really enjoy the game for everything except its combat though. Amazing how it managed to make me actually like a bunch of Toads.

To be fair, the combat in all paper Mario games is tedious garbage. The only good part of the first two is exploiting badges to end the battles as soon as possible.

Help Im Alive posted:

Calamity Ganon's final and most difficult form should've been pulling up a chair and forcing Link to have a conversation about weapon durability/game design

It could be modeled after the torture scene in mgs1, except if you fail Link kills himself

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 9, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How close am i to the end of ys origin? Im at the creeper boss after the annex is over. I'm feeling underpowered at level 25 so i probably need to grind up. i was drunk and dumb last night and killed a bunch of mandatory red enemies doing 1 damage per hit and it took forever even with all the weapon upgrades available thus far.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

My very dumb cat has developed a licking obsession and will sit for 40 mins just licking whatever is in front of him without moving, just hitting the same spot. I have to let him destroy the skin on my arms and legs because otherwise he will make the bald spots on his front legs bigger. I wish it was a skin allergy instead of plain old stupidity but he will lick anything until hes forced to stop. Pray for my boy, guys.

posting cat pics solves cat idiocy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

How close am i to the end of ys origin? Im at the creeper boss after the annex is over. I'm feeling underpowered at level 25 so i probably need to grind up. i was drunk and dumb last night and killed a bunch of mandatory red enemies doing 1 damage per hit and it took forever even with all the weapon upgrades available thus far.

Probably like 2/3 of the way through, those enemies are a pain in the rear end no matter what.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

:thunk:

diagnosis: is cat

treatment: wont fix

sorry for your luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The dash move lowers defense if it lands, its helpful for dealing with this guy's

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

all of them great!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The dash move lowers defense if it lands, its helpful for dealing with this guy's

The green power?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:thunk:

diagnosis: is cat

treatment: wont fix

sorry for your luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

The green power?

It's like Tap forward then attack. You slide I think with Yunica

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Got ya

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

No with Yunica it's the double jump downward thrust that reduces DEF.

E: wait I'm wrong the double jump attack has a chance to stun sorry

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 9, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What level should i be for the end of the game to do decent damage?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

ganon reveals he can only be killed by the sword you started with and then laughs and laughs and laughs

You don't start with a sword, please try again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

What level should i be for the end of the game to do decent damage?

If you're playing on normal 50 is fine, anything over that is a bonus

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 9, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're playing on normal 50 is fine, anything over that is a bonus

drat i gotta grind. Having xenoblade flashbacks now. I just want to blow past trash mobs sometimes but games love to punish me for being behind the level curve with damage/accuracy nerfs.

At least the music is sick af

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

...you get new attacks in Color Splash, though?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you kill everything you should be fine, is how they balanced Origin. Unless you're on nightmare and need cushion to survive some of the harder bosses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ill start playing that way. Ive just been flying through everything but now creepers healing outpaces my damage.

Quest For Glory II posted:

all of them great!!

I like when the first 5 installments in a series all release on the same day for 2 dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even when I ran through on Easy as Hugo to unlock Toal I tried to skip everything and some bosses I had to pop out and grind a few levels. It's one of the weaker parts of Ys in general, the way they handle level scaling and such. Makes low level challenge runs essentially impossible, or tediously unfun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm almost S+ triple in Splatoon 2. Next goal is level 50 I suppose

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
assuming all modern ys has the flash guard from ys seven, lowballing in newer games on harder difficulties seems a bit more realistic with all the extra damage that lets you deal

i don't know why ys seven doesn't even tell you the flash guard exists because it is like the single thing that takes it from a pretty ok game to a really fun one and makes the boss fights kick rear end. hard difficulty feels weirdly spongey without it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

assuming all modern ys has the flash guard from ys seven, lowballing in newer games on harder difficulties seems a bit more realistic with all the extra damage that lets you deal

i don't know why ys seven doesn't even tell you the flash guard exists because it is like the single thing that takes it from a pretty ok game to a really fun one and makes the boss fights kick rear end. hard difficulty feels weirdly spongey without it

The 8 demo has a flashguard button on the layout screen so yep.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For some reason, there is a nail with an acorn on it in my kitchen.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Quest For Glory II posted:

all of them great!!

Like, the 2017 in gaming Wikipedia page, which I assume has most legitimate releases, only has a couple hundred games on it. So we're talking literally thousands of asset flips and games that will have literally zero purchases cluttering up store pages.

Being a small indie dev seems rougher than ever these days

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

thats a drug pipe

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

The squirrels have declared war on u

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
was Bomberman really ever that good of a series? thinking of playing one of the DS/GBA ones

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

was Bomberman really ever that good of a series? thinking of playing one of the DS/GBA ones

The 64 games are decentish and the only ones worth playing alone. Bomberman is a party game thats very good in that context

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you're talking like single player no not really, but multiplayer Bomberman had always been good. I'd go for one of the snes games though

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The Wii emulated version of Bomberman for the Commodore 64 lets you play with 5 players iirc. That one extra person creates an inordinate amount of chaos.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the most recent ones do 8 player online, think you can do eight local on switch also. the super bombermen could do 5 with a multitap iirc

don't play the c64 one imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wasn't there a single player Bomberman that was kind of Zelda-ish? Like it had puzzles and an overworld and stuff.

• Locked thread