Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

She looks a ton like early Trish there, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Any word on who will be on these NXT Live event shows? I'm going to the one in Toronto, and I would love to see Ohno.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
By all accounts, Mandy is basically what they wanted Eva Marie to be, a traditional 'hot chick' that can actually work reasonably well in the ring. Vanessa has a good look but these days that doesn't matter as m- oh, wait, Vince and Dunn are still in charge, right?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

triplexpac posted:

Any word on who will be on these NXT Live event shows? I'm going to the one in Toronto, and I would love to see Ohno.

In the past the tours have generally been all the big names so he'll probably be around.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gaz-L posted:

By all accounts, Mandy is basically what they wanted Eva Marie to be, a traditional 'hot chick' that can actually work reasonably well in the ring.

Miz will be a first ballot Hall of Famer for many reasons, but his foresight in saving Mandy on Tough Enough will be top of the list

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mandy was too boring to be on Total Divas, to me that makes her a potential star. Hopefully she is improving since we never really see her on tv much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently she was pretty good at last night's NXT house show, though that's from 1 source.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When's the last time Mandy was even on TV? I remember last fall she was getting a mini-push for like 3 weeks, and then ... disappeared.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Was Mandy the alt Liv Morgan / alt alt Alexa, or the marine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nxt doesn't have tv

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

very hip

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

nxt doesn't have tv

In at least Canada it's a TV channel. That's why it has an actual schedule, that stuff is what's on the broadcast version.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Was Mandy the alt Liv Morgan / alt alt Alexa, or the marine

The former.

The marine is Lacey Evans.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 8, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Benne posted:

When's the last time Mandy was even on TV? I remember last fall she was getting a mini-push for like 3 weeks, and then ... disappeared.

All reports are that they gave her some early TV exposure, without showing too much or asking too much (largely multiple women matches), then kept her off TV when they could tell she both had potential to be a star, but needed development and that it would be better to wait until she was ready to get a push.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Likely revealed at the tapings this week but expect the faction name of Cole's new group to be next level bad. Sub TNA bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It better be Men of Honor :mad:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The Lovely Lads

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rovert may or may not have told me it was The Shotgun Studs

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

blACkockatrice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Likely revealed at the tapings this week but expect the faction name of Cole's new group to be next level bad. Sub TNA bad.

So reDRagon?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Put two generic branding type words together that have little to no relationship to each other and you might get close.

Don't expect something as clean as "The Shield" that's all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Midnightghoul posted:

The Lovely Lads
Nah Oney and Burch already called dibs on that name

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Put two generic branding type words together that have little to no relationship to each other and you might get close.

So you're telling me they didn't go with the rovertaholics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Gonna be real disappointed if they're not Team Max Extreme now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

when you say generic branding words, I think of the team names from The Apprentice (UK) like they've been named Synergy Illuminate or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Gonna be real disappointed if they're not Team Max ExtremeSynergy Illuminate now.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Touch Base Punch Face better be their tag line

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

rovert posted:

Dese guys what come from dat uvver place and they wrestle good talk tless good?

Serious awful picks: Independent Revolution; Indy Geex; New Wave of Destruction; Fiery Vengeance.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Susan G Komen Cancer Aware Superstar Team Who Are Going 2 Win

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, Generation Next! Wait, am I doing this right?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Fortune Three

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/status/906563377996156928

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OH NO

Also, it's really weird that they'll sign off on contracted talent working for ICW, but Vince won't just pull the trigger on putting their videos up on the Network.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
there a specific reason NXT would let ICW borrow one of their talents? other than that it's not like they're doing anything big with Ohno right now

not that wild on the heels of like Dakota Kai and Jack Gallagher at Progress NYC but still sorta weird they'd send him that far to a promotion I assume he doesn't have that much history with

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's apparently wrestled their champion before, enough to be pushing this as a rubber match between them. And similar to Progress, WWE was courting ICW with the possibility of airing their stuff on the Network, as well as using them as a feeding ground for UK talent.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/bradcat/status/906679213859602436

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Went to NXT Toronto last night. It sure was a house show. Interesting to see all the people they have in the pipeline, but I feel I might have paid a bit too much for some bog standard matches. Probably just spoiled cause of all the Indy wrestling we have in TO.

Main event was Cien Almas vs Drew for the title, it was solid. Mandy Rose was surprisingly over for how little she was on tv, she will definitely be a star if she keeps progressing.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Prestige Worldwide

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ungovernable Bullets

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Wrestle Men

Adbot