Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BarbarianElephant posted:

Stalin fought against Nazis. Fantastic. Well done, Stalin! Stalin did a lot of the same things Nazis did. Not so good. Don't be like Stalin.

Well I'm sure the difference between good and bad is if you smug post about the death of a kid not if you order the execution of thousands or anything.

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Classtoise posted:

Yeah there is no way his son could've grown to be a different person. Look at Ron Reagan, Ronald's son. He's just like his father!

The dudes kid loving died let's not act like this is a loving good thing. You don't have to suddenly love the guy but maybe don't poo poo on his loss of a child.

Yeah, but maybe if you spend a significant portion of your time and influence making GBS threads on another family's loss of their child because it's politically advantageous for you, you don't deserve the peace that you denied them.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Trabisnikof posted:

That's what I tried to tell people when poor little Helmuth Goebbels died. It's the death of a child, have some respect for what the father must be going through!

All the Goebbels children were murdered when their parents committed suicide. And it's like sure, he was a monster, but do you really need to get off on a 4 year old being poisoned to death? Is that how sad and broken your life has become? You can just poo poo on the dude, don't need to bring a kid into it.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I don't care what else happens in 2017, if Trump becomes self-aware, that will be the most surprising and unlikely event of the year.

Even if he found himself actually having such thoughts, his ego and senility would team up to smother those new feelings in their crib, and he'd bounce back more awful than ever, further inoculated against future introspection.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Trabisnikof posted:

Herm yes, I wonder why someone wouldn't trust a Sheriff in America in an emergency

https://twitter.com/PolkCoSheriff/status/905438240278278144

Don't get me wrong, ACAB, but let's not do their work for them. That genre of tweet is meant to dissuade the vulnerable from seeking shelter.

Plus I mean, it's coyote. Also, what the hell twitter? If a tweet has ever deserved ratio'ing....

enraged_camel posted:

I mean I don't disagree that there is an anti-immigrant sentiment generally, and racism can be a big component of it, but the topic is very complex and we shouldn't dismiss complaints as "100% racism" as the original poster did.

It's very complex! So complex that we must focus inordinately on (charitably) 3% of the nation's noncitizen residents!

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Other people's monstrous opinions and behaviors never, ever justify your own. Like, humanity 101 y'all.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
A man's 19-year-old only son just committed suicide. I don't care if the father is Pol Pot, the son is a separate human being and mocking their death is ghoulish.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mulva posted:

All the Goebbels children were murdered when their parents committed suicide. And it's like sure, he was a monster, but do you really need to get off on a 4 year old being poisoned to death? Is that how sad and broken your life has become? You can just poo poo on the dude, don't need to bring a kid into it.

That's pretty loving sad for the Goebbels kids. Most likely at least one of them would have grown up to repudiate their parents horrible actions and become a decent person. I don't want to dance on their graves. They were victims too.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Spend your care credits on this instead http://www.npr.org/2017/09/08/549295524/poor-in-miami-hoping-to-ride-out-irma-on-bread-and-cans-of-tuna

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Teddybear posted:

Eric Bolling, fired from Fox for sexual harassment yesterday, had things get much, much, much much worse last night.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/906564241494298624

A really dark part of my mind is wondering if that kid was killed in a fit of rage by his dad or a worse turn of "make myself a bigger victum" than the guy that stabbed himself to blame antifa. I really hope its wrong, but it seems a little odd that he turns up dead as soon as Eric got the full boot.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mulva posted:

Maybe the idea is that mocking a horrible person who just had a sad time in their life doesn't make you as bad as the horrible person?

Posting isn't so important that goons need to come out of the woodwork to say "why should we fight Nazis if you're going to be crass about their personal tragedies." Posting mean things isn't even in the same league as the real world horrible poo poo that's going on.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

A retrospective on a disgusting career.

https://www.mediamatters.org/people/eric-bolling

quote:

During his time as a host on Fox News, Bolling was a major Trump sycophant who consistently expressed racist, xenophobic, and misogynist views. He had to apologize for asking on-air whether the first female UAE pilot who conducted bombing against Islamic State terrorists “would be considered boobs on the ground.” Bolling also once claimed Obama was "chugging a few 40’s" and said Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA) should “step away from the crack pipe.”

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Crabtree posted:

A really dark part of my mind is wondering if that kid was killed in a fit of rage by his dad or a worse turn of "make myself a bigger victum" than the guy that stabbed himself to blame antifa. I really hope its wrong, but it seems a little odd that he turns up dead as soon as Eric got the full boot.

i mean maybe the kid killed himself because of how lovely a person his dad is

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

How ghoulish of you to not open your heart to this man who just had a tragedy and instead blame him for a suicide!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DC Murderverse posted:

It could have been suicide because he thought he was going to be poor. I mean, this is a conservative family and a teenager so unfortunately, that is a possibility. But even if that kid wasn't so intelligent, it isn't like leaving Fox these days is a kiss of death for a conservative media personality.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Ok yeah he's an innocent person afaik and doesn't deserve anything mean but you're not being mean to him, because he will not read any of this because he is dead. I don't know how you all expect a dead person to read things.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder how much of Trump's "wow people hate me" revelation is from Kelly changing his daily "you're awesome!" briefing to be a bit less sycophantic.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Classtoise posted:

Yeah there is no way his son could've grown to be a different person. Look at Ron Reagan, Ronald's son. He's just like his father!

The dudes kid loving died let's not act like this is a loving good thing. You don't have to suddenly love the guy but maybe don't poo poo on his loss of a child.
Why not? His son doesn't care!

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

Maybe the idea is that mocking a horrible person who just had a sad time in their life doesn't make you as bad as the horrible person?

Posting isn't so important that goons need to come out of the woodwork to say "why should we fight Nazis if you're going to be crass about their personal tragedies." Posting mean things isn't even in the same league as the real world horrible poo poo that's going on.

Posting isn't so important that goons need to come out of the woodwork to say "im glad that kid is dead hell yeah burn them all yeah woo it's the golden rule baby bitch: if your dad did bad things i get to poo poo on you and antagonize him over something totally unrelated to anything he did because it makes me rock hard is actually cool and good."

It's a garbage instinct that people should be called out on, whether or not the poo poo people post is going to somehow end up in the dude's ear.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Robot Hobo posted:

I don't care what else happens in 2017, if Trump becomes self-aware, that will be the most surprising and unlikely event of the year.

How are defining self aware? Seems like the safest toxx ever anyway

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
This thread is really the worst.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Sarasota County is dropping the ball on shelters. They are staggering their openings because they don't have enough resources.

I wonder if it's the same group of idiots that hired Laffer to consult on development a couple years back.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Trabisnikof posted:

So the gently caress what? Like morality is this bar that gets readjusted on a case by case basis or something? "He raped to death a bus full of baby nuns, but I only stole money from their corpses, what's the big deal?". Sure you aren't a genocidal Nazi monster, but you are still a piece of poo poo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

making GBS threads on dead kids is a bad look, did not realize this opinion was controversial.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Trabisnikof posted:

It turns my stomach whatever justifications you give it.

I want fascists to shut up/stop hurting people/apologize/go to prison. Having something randomly horrible happen to them is just unsatisfying. Like if Cersei Lannister were to die between seasons, of the flu.

Gloating on it is hateful.

If Donald Trump resigns next week in shame, I'll gloat as hard as anyone. He deserves it. If his granddaughter gets cancer, I will not loving gloat because a) that's just random bad luck, not justice and b) she is a separate human being with no involvement in his crimes so it would be vile to gloat.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TGLT posted:

Posting isn't so important that goons need to come out of the woodwork to say "im glad that kid is dead hell yeah burn them all yeah woo it's the golden rule baby bitch: if your dad did bad things i get to poo poo on you and antagonize him over something totally unrelated to anything he did because it makes me rock hard is actually cool and good."

It's a garbage instinct that people should be called out on, whether or not the poo poo people post is going to somehow end up in the dude's ear.

Nice strawman you made up there!

Since you used quotes, did anyone even come close to saying "I'm glad that kid is dead" or is that just more of your fantasy?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Thier website sucks too. Local news is a quicker source of information than than Sarasota County for shelter openings.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Considering the number of people who were seriously pissed off about the dog tax abolition post, compared to the number of people pissed off about ppl making fun of a dead kid's lovely father...

Yeah.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
A deadchild

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

FuturePastNow posted:

I wonder how much of Trump's "wow people hate me" revelation is from Kelly changing his daily "you're awesome!" briefing to be a bit less sycophantic.

By all accounts he was still seeing bad press, in large part because random people would walk into his office and rile him up about fake news. So yeah it's possible that he's getting more a reality based feed now but I think his animosity with his "employees" doing things wrong probably plays more Into it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'll take whatever of that we can possibly get. :v:

same as long as they are willing to throw him under the bus once mueller comes down.

Crabtree posted:

i doubt it but same. feel bad for the kid though. hope he didnt suffer whatever it was.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

Nice strawman you made up there!

Since you used quotes, did anyone even come close to saying "I'm glad that kid is dead" or is that just more of your persecution fantasy?

hmm

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

golden rule dude. He has no sympathy for humanity.

enraged_camel posted:

Meh, apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so for all we know the world has to deal with one fewer Eric Bolling type.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I don't think anyone here is planning to picket his kid's funeral or anything, just dispensing with the crocodile tears and theatrics. Empathy is a renewable resource but it is not infinite

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

hahaha good

Maybe he'll have an ounce of self reflection now, it's a shame that he won't be the target of infowars et all though.

ahh, hmm, mysterious mysteries abound

if these are strawmen then I guess the thread is just full of my favorite league of legends hero: the scarecrowman from batman but with birds

edit: oh poo poo i found my ult, the one where i point out you yourself were engagin in this true strawmarm behavior

Trabisnikof posted:

Why bother fighting against racism, sexism and Nazis if we end up gloating about it, why that makes us as bad as them!

Oh wait, no it doesn't, gloat away everyone!

it was under my real favorite legend league boy: undead schwarzenegger

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 9, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/905973274148003844

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mulva posted:

So the gently caress what? Like morality is this bar that gets readjusted on a case by case basis or something? "He raped to death a bus full of baby nuns, but I only stole money from their corpses, what's the big deal?". Sure you aren't a genocidal Nazi monster, but you are still a piece of poo poo.

Posting a crass post about some horrible person isn't even in the same moral spectrum as a real world impact. It doesn't hurt the kid and it won't hurt the dad since he's not a goon.

Littering is a far worse offense then rude posting about a personal tragedy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/906594413039689728

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

all yall child death cultists are really lowering the level of discourse in this thread. its a bad look.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Because if the character traits of apathy and cruelty made Bolling a bastard, they make you a bastard too.

EDIT: Jesus christ this thread is full of psychopaths.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Reality: 2,996 die including 8 children

Goons: Tribute.avi

Reality: The adult child of a horrible person who used to work at Fox News dies

Goons: Anyone being crass about this death is a piece of poo poo

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/906599354173202439

Of course he doesn't believe in climate science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

It could have been suicide because he thought he was going to be poor. I mean, this is a conservative family and a teenager so unfortunately, that is a possibility. But even if that kid wasn't so intelligent, it isn't like leaving Fox these days is a kiss of death for a conservative media personality.

This is probably less true for those leaving under a cloud of sexual harassment charges.

• Locked thread