Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

njsykora posted:

I think it does, I mean it's Pokemon so it needs to have some way of getting gym battles and badges in there.

It actually doesn't. You do start off fighting random dudes in a tournament/league thing, but there are no badges and you don't get anything from it. It just sets up the Shadow Mewtwo plot, which then has you going around the world to power up a stone. There are no gyms or leaders or badges really.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pokken Force would be perfect for the Switch

Something like that would be cool for Pokken if only because the 2D-3D shifts would mean they could vary things up really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

This guy posted a nice look at Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch, it looks pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyvozOYiaFk

60fps in 1v1, 30fps otherwise, no anti-aliasing, but it looks good and seems to run well. All characters are unlocked from the start in this version.

Xenoverse 1 was cool and I haven't played this yet, so I'm picking it up. Big dumb DBZ fights on the road sounds pretty fun to me.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Golf Story has simultaneous 2-player

:derp:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don't know why people say the switch has no games. I'm making a conscious effort to beat games before I buy new ones, as I totally binge-purchased games on the 3ds and then got analysis paralysis and never played any of them to the end, which sucked.

Right now I'm playing BOTW for the second time and Sonic Mania.

I'm going to get mario x rabbids, lego worlds, retro city rampage, golf story, Mario odyssey, rocket league and who knows what else.

I have a huge gaming frontlog ahead of me and it's awesome. And that's to say nothing of the infinite replayability of games like Mario Kart.

Switch owns and is good, is what im saying basically.

This is a good time to be a gamer, friends.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Street Fighter V didn't launch with its story mode, so with that example at least it seems disingenuous to call story mode inclusion "standard"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thorsilver posted:

This guy posted a nice look at Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch, it looks pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyvozOYiaFk

60fps in 1v1, 30fps otherwise, no anti-aliasing, but it looks good and seems to run well. All characters are unlocked from the start in this version.

Xenoverse 1 was cool and I haven't played this yet, so I'm picking it up. Big dumb DBZ fights on the road sounds pretty fun to me.

Note: xv2 is just xv1 with a better hub zone and a small amount of new missions.

Like 80% of the game is repackaged xv1 content.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I want pokken 2 to let you put absolutely garish customization options on your fighter like the latest tekken games

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
People who insist Mario + Rabbids is good need to buy me a copy because I refuse to believe it. :colbert:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

If you're in Australia you can request a refund via Nintendo Australia support. They're legally obligated to provide refunds under consumer law if a product doesn't meet your expectations :slick:

I'm in the UK and I dont think we have that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Manky posted:

Street Fighter V didn't launch with its story mode, so with that example at least it seems disingenuous to call story mode inclusion "standard"

I mean it had a story mode at launch if you want to count four one round fights with a few dialogue boxes in between a story.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I just finished World 3 of Mario + Rabbids and I now think that it's the greatest work of media ever created.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

StabMasterArson posted:

I'm in the UK and I dont think we have that

Clearly Her Royal Majesty loves her subjects in the prison colony more than she loves you silly celts!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KingSlime posted:

hey nerds i want a switch

is it still a "jump on any opportunity because GOOD LUCK" situation, or can I walk into most stores and hopefully find one?

I'm in Austin and uhh so far everything I've checked seems out of stock :/

There's some on ebay for like $350 but I'd like to pay MSRP if possible cuz ya

PM me if you're still looking for one.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

raditts posted:

PM me if you're still looking for one.

I've got no pms because I'm a loser! But yes I'm still hoping to snag one!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Real hurthling! posted:

Note: xv2 is just xv1 with a better hub zone and a small amount of new missions.

Like 80% of the game is repackaged xv1 content.
I didn't play XV1 (but was excited for it) so that's actually perfect for me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm going to get mario x rabbids, lego worlds, retro city rampage, golf story, Mario odyssey, rocket league and who knows what else.

Please don't buy retro city rampage, it's garbage. I think I have a download code for the 3ds version I got from a humble bundle, I would give it to you for free to save you from the regret of paying money for it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

KingSlime posted:

I've got no pms because I'm a loser! But yes I'm still hoping to snag one!

Email me at my name at Gmail then, I hook a brotha up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

raditts posted:

Please don't buy retro city rampage, it's garbage. I think I have a download code for the 3ds version I got from a humble bundle, I would give it to you for free to save you from the regret of paying money for it.

Will second this, it's like original GTA if it controlled like garbage, had terrible mission design and a bunch of random videogame PR people as alternate characters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I didn't play XV1 (but was excited for it) so that's actually perfect for me

Yeah you're good then. I beat 1, got 2 and was extremely pissed.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

raditts posted:

Email me at my name at Gmail then, I hook a brotha up.

Sweet, thanks!

Done n done

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I know some people probably hate that Mario XCOM doesn't have the depth of XCOM2 but sometimes I just wanted XCOM fights without the stress and added micromanagement poo poo. Maybe the next one will have you creating a mushroom kingdom base who knows but I loved XCOM2 for its complexity just as I love Rabbids Battle for its more streamlined approach. If you like XCOM you'll still like this since the added locomotive mechanics and challenges are great

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Infinitum posted:

I would have been more interested in a new Punch Out game as opposed to ARMS.

I'm not saying ARMS is bad, I'm just saying I would have liked a new Punch Out game more.

Punch Out is more like a puzzle game with a boxing element to is though

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Punch Out is more like a puzzle game with a boxing element to is though

and yet it plays way better

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

raditts posted:

I mean, if you're serious, I'll take it to give it a shot.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I mean, if you're serious, I'll take it to give it a shot.

Sure, I'm certainly not going to use it. I got it in a bundle like a year ago so not sure if it'll still work, but PM'd you.

KingSlime posted:

Sweet, thanks!

Done n done

Emailed you back, let me know if you're interested

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

all the games i want get delayed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DLC Inc posted:

I know some people probably hate that Mario XCOM doesn't have the depth of XCOM2 but sometimes I just wanted XCOM fights without the stress and added micromanagement poo poo. Maybe the next one will have you creating a mushroom kingdom base who knows but I loved XCOM2 for its complexity just as I love Rabbids Battle for its more streamlined approach. If you like XCOM you'll still like this since the added locomotive mechanics and challenges are great

I hope Ubisoft runs this into the ground like they do with everything else and start pairing Mario with all their other franchises. Mario x Far Cry. Mario x Assassins. Mario x Rainbow Six.

Mario watches as his BOPE ally tortures a narcoterrorist to recover the location of the hostages. "Mamma mia!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rayman x sonic would be amazing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am still constantly amazed by the fact that Rabbids fighting Bayonetta in the Green Hill Zone on a Nintendo console is a distinct possibility

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

baram. posted:

all the games i want get delayed

All the games I'm most interested in (Stardew Switch and multiplayer, Wargroove, the Harry Potter/Stardew thing) are being made by Chucklefish

It's gonna be a while :negative:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mario xcom Rabbids is pretty good and deep actually, in a different way.

Xcom is like, here's randomly generated scenarios now deal with this poo poo with a bunch of tools and play this game forever. By the end of the game people have totally different teams built up and it snowballs with the meta game, and a lot of the fun is replaying the game different ways.

MARIO x Rabbids has some very tightly crafted scenarios where different characters and skill builds can get through very efficiently if you play perfectly. A lot of it is basically a puzzle you have to solve. You can respec skills at will (even when a battle is starting) and I've done it to get through some of the tougher challenges so far, but I have the feeling the replayability is basically 0 unless you just want to try different parties

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

One thing I'd like to see if Mario XCOM has gotten people into turn based tactics is a port of the modern Shadowrun games, since those are basically RPGs with XCOM combat and would be a really good step up and also perfect on the Switch.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

One thing I'd like to see if Mario XCOM has gotten people into turn based tactics is a port of the modern Shadowrun games, since those are basically RPGs with XCOM combat and would be a really good step up and also perfect on the Switch.

The combat in those games is really bad compared to xcom though (or mario xcom)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Mario xcom Rabbids is pretty good and deep actually, in a different way.

Xcom is like, here's randomly generated scenarios now deal with this poo poo with a bunch of tools and play this game forever. By the end of the game people have totally different teams built up and it snowballs with the meta game, and a lot of the fun is replaying the game different ways.

MARIO x Rabbids has some very tightly crafted scenarios where different characters and skill builds can get through very efficiently if you play perfectly. A lot of it is basically a puzzle you have to solve. You can respec skills at will (even when a battle is starting) and I've done it to get through some of the tougher challenges so far, but I have the feeling the replayability is basically 0 unless you just want to try different parties

See nothing about the first description interests me at all. I honestly couldn't go on to play XCOM even if I was interested in that because I feel like I was already spoiled by Rabbids too much (the randomly generated thing I especially dislike but I've said that a hundred times here).

I would totally download DLC of future hand crafted mission if they do that. I know there's a story mission DLC coming up but if they just kept releasing new maps every once in a while I'd be so down for that. I'd be a lot less interested in a random mode or even player made levels, which I've seen some rumors going around about

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Andrast posted:

The combat in those games is really bad compared to xcom though (or mario xcom)

An 80% chance to hit actually means you have an 80% chance to hit in Shadowrun, unlike XCOM. :rolldice:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
yeah i love the handcrafted scenarios in mario rabbids. it really comes across in the challenges where they give you one turn to defeat a huge amount of enemies or get to a seemingly impossible area. this isnt just a tactics game, its a puzzle where you have to combine all your powers in the right order to win. its so satisfying when you unleash a huge combo of abilities and wipe out a whole map in one or two turns

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was concerned about the lack of replayability but to be honest I finish few enough games as it is that replayability is basically a vestigial concern nowadays.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

An 80% chance to hit actually means you have an 80% chance to hit in Shadowrun, unlike XCOM. :rolldice:

Yeah, in XCOM an 80% chance to hit at lower difficulties is actually a 96% chance because the game cheats in the player's favor because less skilled players will often take worse shots and they didn't want them to feel too bad about missing

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I was concerned about the lack of replayability but to be honest I finish few enough games as it is that replayability is basically a vestigial concern nowadays.

Yeah this is also why I don't care about collecting like I used to. I never really go back to anything anymore and frankly there's so much coming out that I would like to keep up with but just can't.

On that note, I decided to fully wrap up persona 5 before I sell my PS4 and get a switch, I don't need to spend money on more games until I clear out a little more backlog!

I'll def be gunning to get one before Mario hits though as I can't imagine that will do any favors to the whole not in stock situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
So, which one of you is on the bus right now, playing his neon Switch?

I'd take a stealth pic, but that'd be rude.

• Locked thread