Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Man, when you first get to IO it feels like the area was designed with a sparrow in mind. Long stretches of nothing to start the two story missions there.

Found a cool Warlock helmet that speeds up your super with void kills. Super handy as a voidwalker Warlock as it activates off of melee or grenade kills and also off of void energy weapons. Getting to lob a void bomb in 3 minutes instead of 6 or so is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Jolo posted:

Man, when you first get to IO it feels like the area was designed with a sparrow in mind. Long stretches of nothing to start the two story missions there.

Found a cool Warlock helmet that speeds up your super with void kills. Super handy as a voidwalker Warlock as it activates off of melee or grenade kills and also off of void energy weapons. Getting to lob a void bomb in 3 minutes instead of 6 or so is fun.

yeah the orpheus rig hunter boots are absurd too. They're like obsidian mind from D1 but for tethers. Hitting enemies recharges your abilities, and if you hit like 5 or 6 or so you instantly get super back, it's great.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Barudak posted:

Theres a hard cap on level gain for the clan so sadly, no.

Bone Krew hit the weekly cap and had both currently-possible weekly engrams earned within a few hours of clans going live. I can't imagine if the cap wasn't there. Clans with a handful of members only would be blown out of the water.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

Bone Krew hit the weekly cap and had both currently-possible weekly engrams earned within a few hours of clans going live. I can't imagine if the cap wasn't there. Clans with a handful of members only would be blown out of the water.

Yeah by the time I figured out how to contribute and got my banner Bone Krew was 90% of the way there

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Sorry about the lovely picture, but I'm living that bubblegum titan life. I also got the exotic gloves that increase melee reach and damage. The game owns.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dollas posted:

i have a clan with 4 in it that can serve as an overflow if people are interested

Yah I have a clan of five on PS4 if people are still looking for one to join

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=1193901

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Applied to Big Dumb Space Men. PSN: cecilsceramics

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

The overflow clan in the OP is full on PS4. Is there another one to join?

Edit - oops just posted from the first page without reading the end lol

PSN ID is "Viscen"

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 9, 2017

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I want to try this nightfall strategy.

Things you need:
1.Hunter needs exotic that extends team supers
2. Everyone has to have the same super element type
3. You have to time the elevator trigger so that your chosen element type is active long enough when you you reach the top for maximum damage.

Steps:
1. Warlock pops healing rift at his feet.
2. Everyone attacks the boss from inside the rift with the same super type (arc, void, solar).

You can one phase him doing that.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Finished the nightfall with 16 seconds left lol

that owned

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Everyone who's requested an in for Big, Dumb 4: The Dumb is even Dumber is now in! Thank you all for joining.

Also Ceramics please hit me up if you're in the pottery business, I wanna talk about some ceramic cookware plz

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 9, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Barudak posted:

Theres a hard cap on level gain for the clan so sadly, no.

My clan hit 100k in a few hours from it going live :smuggo:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/Gyn0nlT.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think Destiny's servers poo poo the bed.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

The salt emote is love. The salt emote is life.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well D2's got 1.2 million concurrent players, maybe it's time they bought a few more Raspberry Pis to host the servers on

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
xbone clan The Best Halo Yet needs more mindless contributors to clan XP

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2236977

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

strangemusic posted:

The salt emote is love. The salt emote is life.

I got this in a drop and i don't remember how it worked in D1 but it's cool and good and all I need thanks

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Pro tip, you can get purps by replaying story missions for Ikora, she has her own rep, which I did not realize until today.

They did a really good job of incentivizing you to do pretty much everything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got the Plate of Optimacy!

It's 10 power!

gently caress!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

I got the Plate of Optimacy!

It's 10 power!

gently caress!

So infuse it! That's the point!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

But also make sure to keep a small stash of legendary shards around and not go overboard with infusing because that's the currency Xur will be taking next week for buying exotics and whatever other items he'll be selling.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Any guess as to how much xur will charge for an exotic?

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

Just applied to KINK for PS4, looking to also be a mindless contributor to things.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

ihatepants posted:

But also make sure to keep a small stash of legendary shards around and not go overboard with infusing because that's the currency Xur will be taking next week for buying exotics and whatever other items he'll be selling.

Infusion costs literally 1 shard so if you have over 300 i think you're good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So infuse it! That's the point!

Yeah but I need all my legendaries to be good so far. :v:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

Infusion costs literally 1 shard so if you have over 300 i think you're good

Pretty sure that isn't always true - I think that infusing something with a mod increases the cost.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Also applied to KINK, shoot mans with me. (PSN: IRSmurf)

IRSmurf fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 9, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I like mayo just not that Kraft miracle whip "mayo"

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
edit: arigathanks for invite

Moskau fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 10, 2017

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Dollas posted:

xbone clan The Best Halo Yet needs more mindless contributors to clan XP

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2236977

i'm in, my gamertag is fart cops

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I feel like this game didn't take the piss out of the concept of spehs muhreen enough and that's lame because spehs muhreens loving suck

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/XQLwmgH.gifv

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Kin posted:

edit: does the PS4 only connect to official sony bluetooth devices? I've got a pair of bluetooth headphones for my phone (taotronics) and my PS4 detects but doesn't connect to them.

Your console should be able to connect with them. Do your headphones have a limit to the number of devices it can connect with? Make sure whatever other device it's paired with has its Bluetooth off... It CAN work so hopefully you can troubleshoot it.

Javes posted:

Any guess as to how much xur will charge for an exotic?

Who knows but I don't want to spend any legendary shards or bright dust until he arrives.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Fired up the game today, and so far I've played enough to know I really don't care for dawnblade. I got the quest to unlock voidwalker, so hopefully I enjoy that better.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GBS4 is now fullish @ 93 players, so Goon Battalion Squad 5 , The [Bigg Dumbb Space Mans] is now up:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2334893

Please feel free to post itt or holler at me in the #yourewelcome Discord channel if you need an invite:

https://discord.gg/tTmPMce

UlfRacoon is now Idiot King (long may he reign) of Battalion 4, and I've promoted a drove of you to deputies so you guys can all admin. Feel free to rename/re-tag the battalion at any time to whatever you want. :v:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

96 spacejam posted:

Ok well 30min is insane. You know if youre gliding and press jump it kills the glide and you go straight down depending on your momentum. You can then hit jump again before hitting the ground and you'll start gliding, using up the remainder of time leftover from when you killed the jump.

Warlocks can handle platforms better than any other class when you get the hang of it and you're able to control your glide length, speed and time.

Personally I use blink but it's not for everyone.

Lol no, that was a huge exaggeration, but I did find myself knowing I was already dead and just putting the controller down for like 10-30(?) seconds. Felt like that mission was a couple hours.

I think my problem is that the speed jump was my go-to in D1, but the maps are open enough that it may not always be worth it. You have to be able to quickly drop and touch ground to reorient and a lot more enemies seem to be able to put me into situations where I've been knocked back hard and can't get control. It can be easy to lose spatial awareness when you're floofing all over the place on purpose, knockback can be a killer.

Finding yourself in a long uncontrolled warlock jump because you misjudged or got shoved is a recipe for disaster. You'll land in a horde of enemies or some pit and die. It's annoying when you're just messing around solo, but it's infuriating in a strike or public event when people need you, or in a darkness zone.

I got the upgrade points I'm just gonna have to play with the other jumps and decide to either stick with them or change the way I play.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The constant rewards for tokens and parts and all that would be very satisfying if I were getting anything other than energy weapons (when I only want to use Graviton Lance) and Lincoln Greens and kinetic scout rifles. I just got my 5th kinetic scout in a row.

Roman fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:bisonyes: