Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

JehovahsWetness posted:

I forgot the Brian Eno half-speed things got released, $34 bucks a pop? ehhhhh

They weren't kidding about the high frequencies, the tape hiss is accurately reproduced throughout. Also there was excess bits of vinyl on all the edges left over from the stamping and a hump in one disc but now I have reasonable sounding In Dark Trees and The Big Ship so whatevs I guess.

The Bulgarian connection came through

my man Zoran representing the balkan folk-rock massive - not sure I'll listen again but who cares, he was three euros. Solid synth pop from the brothers Argirov including a legit italo disco track and another one with dub reggae influences! Last one is a comp of western hits from Donna Summer, Boney M, Baccara, The Eagles and some French and Italian balladeers I couldn't be bothered to Shazam. Kind of surprised such western decadence was available in the Soviet era but then again they were probably safe as no one could have afforded it. I could though as it was 1 euro.

Bulgarians either really looked after their records or (more likely) never played them. Although the sleeves are all made out of rather cheap paper/card type material the records are all nicely pressed and glossy as gently caress, no hint of a pop or crackle.

dorium posted:

I own a squeaky clean now. Highly recommended entry to the world of the vacuum vinyl cleaning method and the guy who makes them is great to work with. Even did me a solid and printed it up in Neon Green

Squeaky Clean

It's legit already performing miracles. My copy of Salyer - Reign in Blood has a horrible skip in the second chorus of Angel of Death. I tried for a long time to get it out with a spin clean and a brush, never could. One spin through the SQ and it was gone. The vinyl looked brand new (minus general usage scratches since it was a used record of thirty years age) and played great all the way through.

I'm genuinely excited about this thing and went out and bought a couple dirty used records just to see what it could really do.

Highly recommended

I ordered a spinclean from amazon yesterday and wish I'd seen this beforehand. The spinclean is performing loving miracles though so it's almost paid for itself already. I'll probably hit this guy up when the spinclean fluid runs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The Sonic Mania soundtrack was sold out but there are now some blue variants available again. If someone wants that then you can get it here: https://data-discs.com/products/sonic-mania?variant=45127984778

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The real winner on data discs atm is the repress of streets of rage 2 though.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Pingiivi posted:

The Sonic Mania soundtrack was sold out but there are now some blue variants available again. If someone wants that then you can get it here: https://data-discs.com/products/sonic-mania?variant=45127984778

Thanks! I missed out on the original run! :)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Boredoms nerds: Gold and Green by OOIOO just got a full pressing for the first time ever (it came out on vinyl in Japan in 2001 with two tracks removed so they could put it on one LP). Their discography as a whole is kind of spotty, but this one rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbeFyCa19Jg

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
OOIOO is cool (as are all associated Boredoms acts)

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
I just spent way too much money on a mint copy of Queen of the Wave and now I'm sickened with myself.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Vinyl Me Please's next release is the 10th anniversary of Dan Deacon's Spiderman of the Rings, which will come with first ever release of the soundtrack to his Ultimate Reality DVD (which is a definite go-to disc for whenever there's a party and everyone's on acid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Da8QH7ieEE). 750 VMP copies, but it will be on sale to the public afterwards.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Ooo i have a friend who gave me a coupon for a subscription and was waiting for something like this to start it. Is it likely I can do it now and get it?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The new Perturbator EP and the new Carbon Based Lifeforms album are available for pre order at Blood Music's new shop. There are also represses of the previous Perturbator/Carbon Based Lifeforms stuff available.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

The Fog on green/white vinyl, Marc Moulin is the record store day version on transparent - this is a loving amazing record that everyone should own. Other two were used to audition a few turntables resulting in me now being the proud owner of a 1210 with a rega rp3 tonearm swap out. With that and the spinclean, I'm ready to begin my descent into transcribing hell :suicide:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Are there any other good resources, aside from Discogs, that can be used to try an identify albums? I just picked up Procol Harum's Home at a local record store and my US copy doesn't match any of those on Discogs. It's SP 4261 from A&M but the first track and line 1 of the second track on side A on the label are indented. All the US versions I can find have either the first track above the spindle cutout or all tracks below spindle, but not indented.

Also picked up 52nd St by Billy Joel, Wincing the Night Away repress by The Shins, this amazing compilation album, Ramblin Rose by Nat King Cole, and a sealed copy of Silent Shout by The Knife. Definitely better than the Herb Alpert albums I usually come across.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 20, 2017

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

this amazing compilation album

Dan Fogelberg on there like "what the gently caress am I doing here"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Got some old shellac 78s that aren't worth keeping? Recover the shellac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oDiM6PuZMg

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The Peoples Temple

Original pressing from 1974. Still sealed.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

ChocNitty posted:

The Peoples Temple

That is super creepy. Where did you find it?

Holy poo poo, just listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdAgfLxCus

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 27, 2017

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

CPL593H posted:

That is super creepy. Where did you find it?

Holy poo poo, just listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdAgfLxCus

A record shop in CA had it. I got it mostly for posterity. Like an artifact of culture since I don't think there are too many of these LP's around.

On a side note, that song "Welcome" was sang to Congressman Ryan when he arrived to investigate their village in Guyana, the night before they assassinated him. Well not the kids in the choir, but Jim Jones henchmen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don't play it backwards.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

ChocNitty posted:

The Peoples Temple

:staredog:

I'd be super creeped out having this in my collection.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

i kinda want to own a copy of that now... I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

You can listen to the death tape here, if you are so inclined!

https://archive.org/details/ptc1978-11-18.flac16

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Toe Rag posted:

You can listen to the death tape here, if you are so inclined!

https://archive.org/details/ptc1978-11-18.flac16

Or you can get it on record, as put out by Vagina Dentata Organ: https://www.discogs.com/Vagina-Dentata-Organ-The-Last-Supper/release/452866

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Donovan's debut (American version) and that's a promo copy of Tonight.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Blood Music has Sleepytime Gorilla Museum repress preorders up.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
More haul images. Spent a few days in Niagara Falls, ON and hit up a store in St. Catherine's and stopped at Revolver Records in Buffalo, NY on the way back.

Johnny Cash- At Folsom Prison (Reissue)
Parliament- Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome (Reissue)
The Clash- The Clash (Reissue
The Art of Noise- In Visible Silence
2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack
Gorillaz- Demon Days (Vinyl Me Please)
Trio- Trio (US EP)
Kid Creole & The Coconuts- I, Too, Have Seen The Woods
Angel Olsen- Burn Your Fire For No Witness
Feist- The Reminder
Can- Ege Bamyasi (Reissue)

I didn't feel great with the price on Demon Days ($100), especially for something so new, but it beats the price of the original and its one of my favorite albums. I now fully expect a wide reissue to be announced any moment now.

Someone posted a code for the Angel Olsen album some time ago & I used it and like the album, so here's a new code:

I also had some luck at a flea market today:

Brian Eno, Dieter Moebius, Hans-Joachim Roedelius- After The Heat
David Bowie- The Bowie Wonder (Santa Monica '72 bootleg)
Brian Eno- Another Green World
Michael Jackson- Dangerous
Peter Gabriel- Plays Live
Duran Duran- The Reflex 12"
Terence Trent Darby- Wishing Well
Pet Shop Boys- It's A Sin
Dexys Midnight Runners- Come On Eileen

Another Green World is in pristine shape & I'm now up to three Bowie concert boots. This one even included a weird fan-lithograph:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
merch from prfbbq louisville and some record store grabs

a couple download codes. the one without a artist or album title is the cell phones - no

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Good albums, good kitty. I saw The Cell Phones years ago somewhere in Chicago and they were great

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
picked up one of my favourite albums today

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

bowmore posted:

picked up one of my favourite albums today

What is it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the format - dog problems

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The bleeps are bloopin' hard on this one

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

SeXReX posted:

The bleeps are bloopin' hard on this one

Streets of Rage I had the superior soundtrack.

Neeeeeeeeeeeerrrd

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I want an Earthworm Jim 2 vinyl release, the finest Genesis soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/A50wfWIGBXo

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
This morning's arrival:

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Last week's trip to a local shop (Gainsbourg x2, Genesis, Augustus Pablo, Rolling Stones):

Today's trip to a different shop (Hooker, Tijuana Brass, Bowie):

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Direct from Third Man :woop:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

shmee posted:

I want an Earthworm Jim 2 vinyl release, the finest Genesis soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/A50wfWIGBXo

Tommy Tallarico and Black Screen are putting out this record next month but I'm not sure how I feel about some of the fan tracks, especially the opening. I think it's a vinyl version of a CD that came some time ago.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Found a copy of Rainbow - Rising in the dollar bin at Goodwill today. :waycool:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Jean Claude Gavri's Seaside edits effectively stolen from the record shop for £5, reissue action from Little Beaver and Reuben Wilson and some Ike and Tina because why not

Amazing Nigerian disco/boogie comp from soundway - amazing tunes, very nicely pressed vinyl, booklet, bonus 45 and download code!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Heading to Chicago for Riot Fest this weekend. Was last in Chicago five years ago and found loads of stuff at Reckless. Any other shops worth checking out?