Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

VanillaGorilla posted:

Pretty sure that isn't always true - I think that infusing something with a mod increases the cost.

Yeah for some reason all mine have cost two or four. I don't like to do it, but you can feel yourself get shittier.

If I can get the high minded construct chest piece I'll be pretty amped up to have a full set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It costs 4 shards to infuse a blue into something, 1 shard to infuse a purple, and exotics just cost glimmer.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Does infusing always infuse up to whatever you're feeding now or does it just go somewhere in between if the gap is too large between items like D1?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

ihatepants posted:

Does infusing always infuse up to whatever you're feeding now or does it just go somewhere in between if the gap is too large between items like D1?

Up to whatever, but I think if you infuse an exotic up it goes beyond. At least that is what happened to me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm 247 with four exotics just playing super casually. I haven't even beat the campaign. They're definitely nerfing drops into dust asap.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
[quote="“Kilometers Davis”" post="“476235683”"]
I’m 247 with four exotics just playing super casually. I haven’t even beat the campaign. They’re definitely nerfing drops into dust asap.
[/quote]

Luring us into a false sense of security and then releasing the raid with absurdly low chances of raid gear dropping

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man I wish exotics were dropping like that for me, I think I'm almost at the end of the campaign and I've only seen the two that you get for free so far.

But I've been kinda ignoring the side missions and stuff for now, I just want to hit 20 first. I dunno if that was a dumb idea or not.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

el B posted:

??

The predownload and patch both downloaded automatically while my console was in rest mode.

That is not what happened to me - it downloaded 450mb via the PS4 updated then I had to sit at the destiny login screen for 2 hours for it to download the 30gb game content

Father Wendigo posted:

Did you eat too many Monster soaked Pop Tarts and vibrate your self to an alternate dimension? Shotguns were boss inD1.

No they sucked because they were OP trash and I hate the shotgun gameplay style

They sucked because they were effective

Father Wendigo posted:

Bungie, I need Failsafe to replace Nolan North's Ghost for all future releases effective immediately. :)

THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. :mad:

They're both good

the panacea posted:

What activities did you do to hit 250+ so fast? Just strikes?
I've just hit 20 last evening and don't have much playtime rip Sunday so I want to minmax my current efforts.

I gained 5 levels and 60 power levels in 2 hrs of doing public events last night, I don't think it's that hard. It's getting above 265 that's the real effort barrier

Tei posted:

How I can answer your question? do they have a name to tell you, or I can point to them in some way. You don't find tunnel branch with nothingin the end? we must have different copies of the game.

Sometimes I am in the entrance of a dead sector and theres 3 tunnels, one is the exit, other leads to a different zone, and other to further inside the lost sector.

Hope this image helps.

I just want to say that I really missed reading Tei's posts

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Dollas posted:

xbone clan The Best Halo Yet needs more mindless contributors to clan XP

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2236977

Applied to feed the endless maw of XP as Kaynorr.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just got my first exotic engram that wasn't the story freebie and it gave me The Prospector. This gun looks cool as hell and seems strong.

I think it's time to slow down a bit. I'm at 263 Power and the only Milestones I have left are more Crucible poo poo and the Nightfall. Game is good.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Do any of the strike bosses have alternate modes/enemy races? Thinking of... poo poo, what was it? One of the Venus ones could have a taken or vex boss.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So the Eververse armor that you have to infuse: does it just look cool or is there a purpose to it? If there is a purpose I may infuse it up but it doesn't really seem good?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss shotguns being a gun I used more than two kills at a time.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

kaynorr posted:

Applied to feed the endless maw of XP as Kaynorr.

:hf:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So I solo dropped a bit of crucible to see if maybe I was overreacting and might end up liking it.

Nope.

You might find a blueberry who isn't retarded and mind meld with him by the end of the match, but unless that happens you're absolutely toast if you every go up against players in a fire team that can coordinate.

Ended up winning a close match where we were 4 solos and they were 2 fireteams of 2. They were eating us alive the first half until our squad realized we needed to pair up, then we worked them. In a way that's cool and good but as the meta settles and sbmm works its magic it won't be. If 4 lovely players can almost whoop 4 good players just via teamshooting, 4 good coordinated players are going to dominate 4 great players solo dropping. Imagine what 4 great players in a fireteam will do.

In 2 months every mode will feel like y2/3 trials. Maybe destiny will be a huge export by then, so whatever.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also I'd like 2 #3s and a frostee

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ultimate Mango posted:

So the Eververse armor that you have to infuse: does it just look cool or is there a purpose to it? If there is a purpose I may infuse it up but it doesn't really seem good?

Pretty sure it just has the bonus of looking cool.

Speaking of which, where the gently caress is my Philomath chest piece you stupid game? That's all I need to complete the set! :argh:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really know what they can do about the teamshotting, but it is definitely a very real issue. earlier i dropped into a game against a bunch of malcontents from a twitch streamer clan and even three people doing something like Coldhearting nearly won them a game because gun skill barely enters the equation in any of the modes anymore.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yeah i've pretty much already committed to just doing enough pvp to get the milestone every week and that's about it. it's just not fun for me the same way D1 was and that's really disappointing

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Ultimate Mango posted:

No non-exotic armor is actually special. The idea is you find the stat balance you like and then add mods to the armor. I'm really digging the system.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

4 bright engrams, 3 purple ships and a sparrow. Where is my ramen

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's this On the Comms quest step

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Finished the NF at 5:11 to get rat king, that was hella intense. Glad I don't have to do that again.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Calaveron posted:

Nobody knows

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

actionjackson posted:

Finished the NF at 5:11 to get rat king, that was hella intense. Glad I don't have to do that again.

what'd you guys do to get it? about to be at that quest step

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You might find a blueberry who isn't retarded and mind meld with him by the end of the match, but unless that happens you're absolutely toast if you every go up against players in a fire team that can coordinate
We stopped serving breakfast hours ago and we haven't had blueberry toast sticks for, like, a few years...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

... sure, whatever, pull up for your total.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Calaveron posted:

Follow the instructions on the item description, but the next step is literally "wait for the raid to release" so don't feel like you're in a rush.

Presumably it will lead to the raid exotic, similarly to the way TTK and ROI raid exotics worked.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Please pull up, we'll have your total at the window.

Edit: goddamn it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what'd you guys do to get it? about to be at that quest step

Beat NF with 5+ minutes left

Did it with an LFG group on the third try

There are some strats online to burn the boss down quickly though and make it faster.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

When do we start getting to do raids or other group stuff? I'm lvl 10 on Titan and while it's definitely cool that they ramped up the random public events, like the attack walkers on the rig, I really want to get into the real meat of the game.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
raid opens on wednesday

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

And factions on Thursday or something

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All of the planets turning into friggin' ghost towns is making it really hard to do Public Events.

I just spent like five minutes triggering the Heroic version of the glimmer extraction quest and I couldn't even stand in the circle because every single Cabal and Fallen in the area was focusing on me.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Waffle House posted:

And factions on Thursday or something

like three thursdays away you dummy

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Someone's already beat the prestige nightfall and is at 300+ lol

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
Is the PvP currently broken on Xbox One? My game keeps crashing when I try to join.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They completely removed vehicles from multiplayer didn't they? I'm surprised there's even still a couple in the campaign.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

What LL do you think we'll need to be for the raid? I'm thinking 265 or 270.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

420 to raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm at 266ll, what's the recommended thing to do to get it higher? Engrams are all capping out at 265