Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hopper posted:

I bought a year of ps plus and downloaded infamous SS.
The game looks great. It was a launch title wasn't it?

It was "launch window", about 4 months later. Did look amazing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The movement tutorial at the start reminded me of uncharted 4 alot in terms of visuals, butane only because you shimmy along a ledge, which is like one of uncharted's signature moves.

I wouldn't know about 4k and HDR. I bought a Pro but my TV is HD only.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

you still made the right choice with a pro, let it be known

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hopper posted:

Hatoful boyfriend can go eat pigeon poison though. Thankfully I had the pleasure of playing that garbage on PC so I didn't even add it to my library.

We finally found it. The worst opinion

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I played Hatoful Boyfriend for forty minutes then got murdered for picking the wrong birdseed, GOTY

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

[quote="“Freak Futanari”" post="“476230925”"]
We finally found it. The worst opinion
[/quote]

Anyone who plays or likes that game should be put on a list and be constantly monitored by the FBI.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jabro posted:

Anyone who plays or likes that game should be put on a list and be constantly monitored by the FBI.

It's a good and funny game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jabro posted:

:yikes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Think of the pigeons
Wont someone please think of the pigeons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

jabro posted:

Yeah its true, because they are our most valued citizens and we can not allow anything to happen to them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8GnaaRkT4

lmaoooo

gently caress Sony and Microsoft for allowing this on their consoles

e: 640p on PS4 Jesus Christ

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 9, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

13yr olds have no standards for entertainment, you say?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8GnaaRkT4

lmaoooo

gently caress Sony and Microsoft for allowing this on their consoles

e: 640p on PS4 Jesus Christ

I blame Steam for this kind of poo poo existing in the first place.

Early access is bullshit.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

jabro posted:

Please put more effort into your bait

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

if anyone was planning on dropping like $100 at the PS store you're welcome to my 20% off code. Just don't wait someone to snatch it to use for a $3.50 theme

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i uninstalled hatoful boyfriend the second i realized it didnt have loot crates

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

i uninstalled hatoful boyfriend the second i realized it didnt have loot crates

I didn't install it because it doesn't have Bloodborne on the game's tittle so there's that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Guillermus posted:

I didn't install it because it doesn't have Bloodborne on the game's tittle so there's that.

i will say that the combat in hatoful boyfriend was, to put it frankly, lacking compared to Bloodborne

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just finished Hellblade.
It was good. Graphics are very cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The video making-of feature that comes with Hellblade is really good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The video making-of feature that comes with Hellblade is really good.

Ninja Theory put out a series of developer diaries ever since they began working on the game back in 2014, which can be pretty entertaining to watch. The actress for Senua wasn't even a professional, but their video editor who started out as a stand-in for their mocap tech, of all things.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Ninja Theory put out a series of developer diaries ever since they began working on the game back in 2014, which can be pretty entertaining to watch. The actress for Senua wasn't even a professional, but their video editor who started out as a stand-in for their mocap tech, of all things.

Yeah I remember seeing one of the face capture ones a few years ago, it was pretty cool.
Glad to hear the game sold so well. It's pretty cool. The art style and sound design are the highlights for me.
Whoever mixed the Valravven sound effects is a genius.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Hellblade is very good. It's the only example i can think of where a behind the scenes feature actually adds to the game and made me appreciate it more

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Yo, why is this destiny install so slow? It's 14 gigs and I've gone from 10 to 13% in 2 hours.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

pause and resume

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Verisimilidude posted:

Yo, why is this destiny install so slow? It's 14 gigs and I've gone from 10 to 13% in 2 hours.

Probably a jillion 13 yr olds finished their hw and started pulling from the same server

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the ps4 downloads poo poo WAY slower if you're actively doing a thing like playing a game or even streaming netflix or whatever too. if you actually want the download to finish sooner just go into rest mode and wait until its done.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah it has to reserve bandwidth for netplay/streaming or so i heard

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rest mode downloads are powerful. I was redownloading a bunch of stuff onto my new Pro, queued up games like GTA5, Just Cause 3, COD4 Remaster and other games all in the 40+ GB margin before I went to bed and when I woke up like 8 hours later all of them had downloaded.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got the fios gigabit and now my d/l's are blazin

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There was a blog post with a network engineer or something running tests to explain why PSN downloads. It was pretty in-depth, which is great, but the main takeaway is that programs throttle how much data the PS4 will accept. Rest mode helps in some cases, but if you actually want to fix the download speeds, just close everything. Things run in the background and you need to seek them out, but close them.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I got the fios gigabit and now my d/l's are blazin

Same, I got gigabit fiber from Sonic a few weeks ago and now my PSN downloads are way faster. Makes me wonder if they deliberately throttle downloads to make sure they don't congest your internet connection

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm definitely enjoying Destiny 2's main storyline more than anything like it that was in 1. I assume it's really just a quick preview of all the different environment and enemy types before the game starts proper, right?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I kinda bought Destiny 2 without even knowing what the gameplay was like and kinda feel underwhelmed?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

E2M2 posted:

I kinda bought Destiny 2 without even knowing what the gameplay was like and kinda feel underwhelmed?

Its world of halocraft my dude. Two piles of poo poo pushed into one bigger pile

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a strong argument for not buying games blindly

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

E2M2 posted:

Actually, we warned you in this very thread to AVOID BUYING BAD GAMES.

I think we even put sirens next to it, like this...

:siren: STOP BUYING BAD GAMES :siren:

and the text was probably bold, too, like this...

:siren: STOP BUYING BAD GAMES :siren:

and it was like 2 pages ago, maybe less

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Deep down we wish we lived such a carefree life that dropping $60 on a game we know nothing about would be no big deal.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I just finished Knack 2 and i can confirm that it was fun. Now to collect some more Knack medals for the Knack platinum trophy. Knack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Samuringa posted:

Deep down we wish we lived such a carefree life that dropping $60 on a game we know nothing about would be no big deal.

I mean with the Amazon preorder 10% or whatever you get plus Amazon CC points discount helped. It was like $35?